McColl, Moneyball and nothing new in football

K

kelly

Read a few redtop rag stories of this mythical new advance sports science (the snake used it at Liverpool and us ) which now the world of football have used in the last 10yrs , they leave it hangin at money ball so you just know the wullies in his corner crackin a few off at that word

Anyway here's what it is

Moneyball’ analytics

looks like the hun media need a hope to cling to ,,,,,,,,,,in next weeks rags ,,,,,,sevco discover a baw is round

Read a few redtop rag stories of this mythical new advance sports science (the snake used it at Liverpool and us ) which now the world of football have used in the last 10yrs , they leave it hangin at money ball so you just know the wullies in his corner crackin a few off at that word

Anyway here's what it is

Moneyball’ analytics

looks like the hun media need a hope to cling to ,,,,,,,,,,in next weeks rags ,,,,,,sevco discover a baw is round
The huns on Sevco radio have just discovered SKYPE

Over on FF there's no chat whatsoever on the likelihood of the klub having financial problems. It's going to come as a big shock to the ostriches there.
Shammy, they're like wee bairns that think you can't see them if they cover their eyes.

It's their Godzilla in the room (and that's as close to God as these feckers will get). If they discuss it, then they have to confront it and face reality.

These clowns suspended their belief 8-years ago and they still live in an alternate reality.

Numpties

I am not sure how "Moneyball" would translate to football, but in baseball it kept the Oakland Athletics competitive with, like, 1/3rd the salary of teams like the New York Yankees or Boston Red Sox. It's definitely a system for teams to look at, especially in a game like football where there it literally talent all over the world (as opposed to baseball, which is more limited) that can be had for a very low price.

There are pitfalls, though: While numbers don't lie, they don't tell the complete story and the human element is always a wild-card.

I am not sure how "Moneyball" would translate to football, but in baseball it kept the Oakland Athletics competitive with, like, 1/3rd the salary of teams like the New York Yankees or Boston Red Sox. It's definitely a system for teams to look at, especially in a game like football where there it literally talent all over the world (as opposed to baseball, which is more limited) that can be had for a very low price.

There are pitfalls, though: While numbers don't lie, they don't tell the complete story and the human element is always a wild-card.
I like the "Moneyball" idea in principle, but I think it's far better suited to the big American sports due to the financial jeopardy mainly being attached to salary alone.

Transfer fees place a bit more jeopardy in football and it might be more of a gamble to spend a couple of million in the hope that you might multiply that tenfold in future sales.

I'm of the opinion that quite a few Celtic signings in the last 10-years have been based on the moneyball model. It's worked out ok-ish, but there are still quite a few signings that didn't make much sense at the time and didn't look like working out in practice.

There's one other advantage in the American sports and that is that there is no promotion/relegation. A poor season might affect gates, retail, merchandise and advertising, but ultimately- it might not have the devastating effects that relegation can have in football.

If that's an avenue that sevco want to proceed with, then signing high salary veteran players with no sell on fee is probably not the best way to implement it.

I like the "Moneyball" idea in principle, but I think it's far better suited to the big American sports due to the financial jeopardy mainly being attached to salary alone.

Transfer fees place a bit more jeopardy in football and it might be more of a gamble to spend a couple of million in the hope that you might multiply that tenfold in future sales.

I'm of the opinion that quite a few Celtic signings in the last 10-years have been based on the moneyball model. It's worked out ok-ish, but there are still quite a few signings that didn't make much sense at the time and didn't look like working out in practice.

There's one other advantage in the American sports and that is that there is no promotion/relegation. A poor season might affect gates, retail, merchandise and advertising, but ultimately- it might not have the devastating effects that relegation can have in football.

If that's an avenue that sevco want to proceed with, then signing high salary veteran players with no sell on fee is probably not the best way to implement it.

They have been bigging up Jim McColl Clyde Blowers again ( admin 2 perhaps and a round of potential buyers, Clyde Blowhard McColl leading the way for the season ticket money penny in pounds out for first dibs at the IPO, Charlie Green round 2 tea and m(st)uffings. and blame the corona and roll out the casualties from the Bristol bar loyalists Gers Tv as war heroes)

They have been bigging up Jim McColl Clyde Blowers again ( admin 2 perhaps and a round of potential buyers, Clyde Blowhard McColl leading the way for the season ticket money penny in pounds out for first dibs at the IPO, Charlie Green round 2 tea and m(st)uffings. and blame the corona and roll out the casualties from the Bristol bar loyalists Gers Tv as war heroes)
Fuck me the dark clouds must be hoovering over the shitpit again, what a load of💩!!.
Mccoll has zero interest in the scum absolutely zilch! And as for Fenway sports aye gonna throw millions at a "backwater" league in their eyes for what return? Yanks Look at profits before anything! Must be a mega turd on it's way for them to come out with this guff.🙄

Barton and Senderos. Two fine examples of Sevco's moneyball madness. They would have better of burning money in the street.

You would think the sports desks would be asking where rangers interim account report is? The deadline for UEFA licence was 31/03/20. Have the club submitted these to the SFA. If they have, why having they been released to the public?
Do these results give an indication as to why King left the big hoose?
Instead they run with a story about a guy investing in the club, who clearly states in the article he is not interested in investing in said club

Maybe Fenway Sport / Moneyball are diversifying into the pension business and it is Defoe, Davies, Mc Gregor et al that is their target market. If so they have picked the perfect club.

Back