McGinn - Bullet dodged??

The more I've seen of McGinn the more I am convinced that he was not the 'great loss' that many have suggested .
His Scotland performances have been poor - his use of the ball pretty mediocre , his passing dreadful . Tonight he appeared to be playing in a deep lying role aka Scott Brown , but it just didn't work . I thought his strength was bursting forward from midfield - he can't do that from such a deep lying position .

Bullet dodged agreed really don’t know why people keep discussing him,he’s gone had his chance, said no let’s move on. h.h

McGinn playing as an advanced midfielder bursting into the box from deep would have been a cracking signing for us and the perfect replacement for Stuart Armstrong and has shown already for villa what a good player he is.

Maybe he’s not shown his talents for Scotland but EBT hasn’t a clue and doesn’t play him in his best position

All last season I kept saying we should sign McGinn,I felt under BR & gaining experience from Broony he could have been another Stan Petrov.I know big boots to fill,maybe he would never be as good as Stan but I felt we were getting a player.I’m know so sure you can really judge him under McLeish’s watch plus he’s been unfortunate to have went to a team who just sacked they’re manager.He always turned up against us last season plus he was consistent in other games.He scored a great goal at castle greyskull last season & I felt we could have got at least 5 good years out of him.I don’t reckon he was worth 25 thousand a week but I reckon the 3 million would have been worth paying.He’s still got a lot to learn but because of the situation at Villa some of his potential talent could be lost.The championship’s a tough league as you all know but winning trophies with us & gaining experience in Europe would have been the perfect move for him.But maybe one day & I do hope he makes a success in England.HH

McGinn playing as an advanced midfielder bursting into the box from deep would have been a cracking signing for us and the perfect replacement for Stuart Armstrong and has shown already for villa what a good player he is.

Maybe he’s not shown his talents for Scotland but EBT hasn’t a clue and doesn’t play him in his best position

The only players that McKeech appears to play in their natural positions are goalkeepers But watch this space
I have it on good authority that he is debating using 4 4 2 system in the next match so that he can accommodate both SHAGGER and Gordon The word on the wires is that he.feels that a striking combination of both Naismith and Craig Gordon would be his preferred option as Gordon"s height would make him the perfect foil for the darting diving head shaking Naismith
SHAGGER will be installed as 1st choice keeper but may not always operate in that position Occcassionally if the situation demands he may be deployed as sweeper in front of a back 3 and in order to accommodate both KT and Andy Robertson the in form James Forest could be handed the goalkeeping spot allowing KT to fit in to his unatural position of right winger and Robertson would play CB with Andy Halliday being brought in to run around a lot and generally bolster the SEVCO contingent to appease the HUN hoardes
Stuart Armstrong with his ability to form a rather trendy quiff will be given the position of advisory hairdresser Calmac will be pushed further forward probably under a 34 bus thus enabling Barry McKay that £6million valued wonderkid to be used as team doctor Apparently he never misses HOLBY CITY reruns of CASUALTY and has recently become addicted to DOCTORS on BBC1 daytime so obviously has ample experience for the role
Gazza will be brought in as a personal aid to McKeech in a personal bar tender capacity doubling as team jester when spirits are needing raised

Further information will be supplied as and when it becomes available
HH?

Still think we should have signed him. Wouldn’t judge him on Scotland performances as EBT is an idiot.

Hope this doesn’t sound crass but i want us looking for better players than the spl.

Everytime i hear we are interested in someone here i think sh*t how embarrassin big petes keeping that fuqin tin closed and we’re gettin a tin man for it. ?

Mcginn is not the finished article but has tremendous potential to develop into a top player the way Scott did . With his type of attributes,he is perfect under the right coaching from a top manager, to develop into a perfect replacement for Scott .We will regret not getting him at this stage in his development.

Mcginn is not the finished article but has tremendous potential to develop into a top player the way Scott did . With his type of attributes,he is perfect under the right coaching from a top manager, to develop into a perfect replacement for Scott .We will regret not getting him at this stage in his development.
You said it. Developement. A word over used by Brendan. We dont need another project. We need established players to drive on.
HH?

Hope this doesn’t sound crass but i want us looking for better players than the spl.

Everytime i hear we are interested in someone here i think sh*t how embarrassin big petes keeping that fuqin tin closed and we’re gettin a tin man for it. ?
It’s a fair point but there is good quality in the league and with the right coaching he could have developed the way Armstrong did. With the way the club is now it has to be run efficiently when it comes to the financial side of things, but it’s pretty poor on the boards part as the manager wanted him and he went for around the same price we paid for Bangura or Puki. I’d rather have players that are tried and tested stand outs in the spfl than Scepovic who no one had heard of and looked out of his depth in the league.

What I would add, recognising his drive, enthusiasm and ability to get into the box, is that he seems to be technically not the best, his 1st touch is poor and his method of holding off challenges is questionable especially in Europe. He makes a lot of poor decisions , which could improve.

You said it. Developement. A word over used by Brendan. We dont need another project. We need established players to drive on.
HH?
He was an established player in the spfl same as Broony was when we signed him. From there he could of developed into a top player like Broony and play at European level?

Members online

Latest posts

Back