McGrain to McGrory – the back corridor between the Boardroom and the tunnel at Celtic Park

I am forever a Celtic supporter but there are moments when I feel that they do not deserve the loyal support they have enjoyed since 1888 .
The above article mentions the treatment Celtic displayed to the greatest goalscorer in UK history , Jimmy McGrory . On refusing to be sold to Arsenal for £10,000 the club repaid him by reducing his wages .
Similarly their treatment of the great Jock Stein when he was no longer wanted as manager - offering him the Celtic Pools job ! The people who did this do not deserve to be anywhere near a club like Celtic .

How many true supporters would treat either of these giants of the club in such a disrespectful way ?

I am forever a Celtic supporter but there are moments when I feel that they do not deserve the loyal support they have enjoyed since 1888 .
The above article mentions the treatment Celtic displayed to the greatest goalscorer in UK history , Jimmy McGrory . On refusing to be sold to Arsenal for £10,000 the club repaid him by reducing his wages .
Similarly their treatment of the great Jock Stein when he was no longer wanted as manager - offering him the Celtic Pools job ! The people who did this do not deserve to be anywhere near a club like Celtic .

How many true supporters would treat either of these giants of the club in such a disrespectful way ?

Totally agree wi you Millsy, they did so not in our name fuqers.

Disrespectful. All they got by on was their fuqin greed. Pigs in the sloth and tarnished our club. No they did not do this in our name pal

Members online

Latest posts

Back