McGregor escapes punishment

djcrtoye

Another Rangers player has been cleared of kicking. Scotland is the only place I know of, where kicking an opponent you get off scot free. Are we following the same laws of the game that FIFA proscribed or are we making new laws as we go along. This scandalous it looks like one rule for Rangers another for the rest of us. ???

The balls been cleared,its long gone but its ok to stamp on an opponent,hilarious the way rangers go on about not getting decisions,everyones against us blah blah blah,they get away with plenty.I would like the three man panel to come out and explain how its all fine and dandy,thats the second time in 2 weeks hes done that,its a joke.

I am not in the least bit surprised that the SFA disciplinary committee took no action against the thug. They have clearly on several occasions given tacit agreement to the use of physical violence and intimidation in the Scottish game. In fairness we saw the same result with the little Ned from Tynecastle. Shocked they did sanction Ajer for leaving his chest on Mc Gregors boot

Will it take a serious injury before this is sorted out of will it be different when it is a rangers player in the receiving end of a stamp it looks like rangers players can have open season in the rest of the teams with every red card rescinded

Will it take a serious injury before this is sorted out of will it be different when it is a rangers player in the receiving end of a stamp it looks like rangers players can have open season in the rest of the teams with every red card rescinded
It's now becoming more dangerous than farcical.

Thank you for allowing me to join, we have sat at the back of the bus for too long, it is time to get into the driving seat???????
Also just joined This echoes what I posted on another blog earlier
Since John Reid left we have moved to the back of the bus
Our PR is doing nothing and allowing sevco to set the agenda in everything!

Another Rangers player has been cleared of kicking. Scotland is the only place I know of, where kicking an opponent you get off scot free. Are we following the same laws of the game that FIFA proscribed or are we making new laws as we go along. This scandalous it looks like one rule for Rangers another for the rest of us. ???
Broony was booked in the same game for a tackle with no contact. Go figure. It's defo open season. The pretendys and Hertz will keep going into games knowing they will get away with off the ball incidents and persistent fouling with very little being done about it.

I think it's absolute nonsense that we are even having to dicuss this issue, it's black and white in the McGregor situation.no,if,and or buts about it. And I also agree on the one with Lafferty definitely a yellow if not a red.... But all the Scottish media are focused on is how Tom Rogic fouled Ryan Jack and how THIS situation was a massive game changing moment but not the other two (plus countless other moment in the game). We will soon see if "is it violent conduct" comes in to play when it's one of our own Bhoys. Time will tell.

Glad to be a part of this new forum. Best wishes to all who set it in motion.

The incident is crystal clear, the manager of the player involved in the kicking out states categorically in his opinion it merited a red card and so the compliance officer has no choice but to ask for guidance.

The anonymous panel then sits and because they cannot agree unanimously the matter cannot be dealt with.

Its hard to believe that this is the 21st century and the SFA is in any way fit for purpose.

The system has been set in place that decisions like this can be made and everyone who is VISIBLE to the process can put their hand up and say they did what they were asked to do and then say "the panel took the decision to refuse to take this matter up". BUT the problem here is the panel is anonymous and working in the shadows so any possibility of transparency and honesty is undermined even before the process starts.

Its like a rewind to Victorian times where every structure was put in place to remove the possibility of debate and input and honest analysis.

Ian Maxwell spoke recently of creating the framework of honesty and transparency or words to that effect and having an "open door policy" to usher in his tenure as SFA Chief Executive but this compliance system is nowhere close to meeting that objective so it begs the question is the SFA's new Chief Executive fit for purpose in his new role?

I think it's absolute nonsense that we are even having to dicuss this issue, it's black and white in the McGregor situation.no,if,and or buts about it. And I also agree on the one with Lafferty definitely a yellow if not a red.... But all the Scottish media are focused on is how Tom Rogic fouled Ryan Jack and how THIS situation was a massive game changing moment but not the other two (plus countless other moment in the game). We will soon see if "is it violent conduct" comes in to play when it's one of our own Bhoys. Time will tell.
I was surprised that the DR ran a piece where a ex EPL ref said it wasn't a foul and if it was it should have been given to us

This is outrageous - when are our club gonna stand up to this shit. He should have been off. Broonie got a booking but him and ex rangers players get nothing for booting our players. Last night had to listen to stv insinuating that we were in conflict with ibrox over seat issue. We did not start this. they did. Police scotland caused the problem over our fans getting in to the stadium. No one else!!!!

We better get used to it cos it's only gonna get worse, they have carte blanch to do as they please, unless of course we deprive them of the only thing they care about.
Money.
The sfa spokesman, Broadfoot I think his name is, confirmed that its all we have, they know fine well we won't do anything, you only have to look at the scramble for tickets against thems.

Why is everyone surprised its was probably decided a t a lodge meeting where that idiot McGregor is a member. The changes they made in the structure for these cases, was to cloak it in secrecy. If they were not up to no good their would be complete transparent and the game referee would be the first one to be consulted. We will not be the only team to suffer from the Masons

Personally I believe very hard to resolve this .The Scottish media and Sfa are corrupt .Referees have huge question marks hanging over them and that is putting it mildly. Sunday's tuggish attack by mc greggor and no punishment put the tin hat on it. So frustrarting I hate saying this but I think it is inevitable that a Celtic player gets seriously injured. I just hope I am wrong on this

Members online

Latest posts

Back