Melancholy tonight, any funny stories

That would make you a friend of Dorothy

I haven't heard this expression in quite some time and reading it in this forum, of all places, made me laugh aloud. Thanks.

I remember when I first heard that expression, in the late '80s when I moved to San Francisco. Someone asked me, "Are you a friend of Dorothy?" And I replied, "Dorothy who?" And that was the end of the conversation.

I told a gay friend shortly afterward and he laughed about it for hours. Apparently, that's sort of a code -- if you say, "Why yes, isn't everyone?" Then you're relaying to the person asking that you're gay. If you're clueless, like I was, then you're not. Pretty simple.

And you're right, it is from "The Wizard of Oz." Apparently the cast of characters around Dorothy were pretty much all effete, and they were all "friends of Dorothy" :D

I haven't heard this expression in quite some time and reading it in this forum, of all places, made me laugh aloud. Thanks.

I remember when I first heard that expression, in the late '80s when I moved to San Francisco. Someone asked me, "Are you a friend of Dorothy?" And I replied, "Dorothy who?" And that was the end of the conversation.

I told a gay friend shortly afterward and he laughed about it for hours. Apparently, that's sort of a code -- if you say, "Why yes, isn't everyone?" Then you're relaying to the person asking that you're gay. If you're clueless, like I was, then you're not. Pretty simple.

And you're right, it is from "The Wizard of Oz." Apparently the cast of characters around Dorothy were pretty much all effete, and they were all "friends of Dorothy" :D
Especially they wee dirty midgets,,,,,over friendly way what was a little girl??dirty little men.

Fk awks at least they use suhin called gaydar here.

You sure you no wanna tell us suhin bigcheese?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back