Memories View – Top Twenty Celtic Moments since Summer of ’69

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Memories View – Top Twenty Celtic Moments since Summer of ’69...as a matter of interest how many of these games were you at?

Some great memories there Captain.
88 semi, Henry, Henry, Drop the ball, Henry drop the ball.
88 final.. The only cup final where both sets of fans were singing the same song, Maggie Maggie get tae fuck, Maggie get tae fuck!
Hugh Keevins quote aboot Lubo. Henrik n Lubo less than million.
6-2 game, wow, wow, wow to quote one of our goal scorers that day.
Now for a top 20 for European nights......
Juventus
AC Milan
Man Utd
Liverpool, away
Blackburn Rovers, away
Ajax, away
Leeds United- home and away
Barca, away...David Marshall game
Barca home
Real Madrid
Lazio
???

As a fairly new supporter, I don't have the benefit of having years or decades of watching Celtic, so thankfully there is YouTube to help me out there. But I'll always be envious of you all for what I missed.

Richybhoy brings up a game that should be in there -- Lazio-Celtic in Rome back in November. Still buzzing from that game, where I shouted so loud while doing the Broony on my coffee table that my neighbour thought I was being murdered. My ringtone now is Chris Sutton's call on the goal -- "Wow Wow Wow! Rome, conquered" -- which went off once during a date when my daughter called to remind me to bring home milk, which is a story for another time.

All of which is to say, it's awesome to connect the mileposts in one's life to Celtic games. I get it now.

Memories View – Top Twenty Celtic Moments since Summer of ’69...as a matter of interest how many of these games were you at?

Yes, yes, yes! What memories. Whst a brilliant article. Sorry if I sound greedy, but can we have more articles like this, please? Thanks. 🍀

Some great memories there Captain.
88 semi, Henry, Henry, Drop the ball, Henry drop the ball.
88 final.. The only cup final where both sets of fans were singing the same song, Maggie Maggie get tae fuck, Maggie get tae fuck!
Hugh Keevins quote aboot Lubo. Henrik n Lubo less than million.
6-2 game, wow, wow, wow to quote one of our goal scorers that day.
Now for a top 20 for European nights......
Juventus
AC Milan
Man Utd
Liverpool, away
Blackburn Rovers, away
Ajax, away
Leeds United- home and away
Barca, away...David Marshall game
Barca home
Real Madrid
Lazio
???
Yes Richy. That will be brilliant.

Obviously an injury-ravaged "best club in the world" beating the "best team in the world" on our 125th birthday is my favourite.

Then Hartson near bursting the net against Liverpool in 2003 is my next favourite.

Back