Midtjylland part 2

Barkas has become our scapegoat for obvious reasons now.
Yet on Saturday he pulled off 2 great saves but yet gets slaughtered for poor positioning.
No doubt his own confidence is shot to pieces yet I still would give him the nod over Bain, just highlights how bad the situation remains.
My biggest criticism regarding Barkas now, is he still remains far to quiet with such a young back 4 in front of him.
He is the most experienced of the 5 and with his own confidence shot to pieces, he can hardly install confidence within what is in front of him.
Need to try to get through this game as best we can against a horrible shower of cheating bastards, a big ask but not impossible.
Think we showed enough in the 1st leg to say we are still a better footballing team and if we can cut out the individual mistakes and the full back's not being so gun ho in getting forward we still have a great chance to progress to the next round imo

Aye he made they 2 great saves John.....just a shame about the 6 goals he conceded right enough! 😜(y)

Seriously though Barkas is a dud mate, one of the worst keepers I've ever seen at Celtic, not only would I play Bain ahead of him I would play Hazard ahead of him. If we persist with him he's gonnae cost us big time. Time to cut our losses!

Opinions are great, everybody has one

Barkas is a professional footballer who is paid highly for being so
We're all dealing with our own personal shit show, during this pandemic but most of us don't fold when things get tough, we soldier on and get help when we need it

He looks afraid and nervy, and that's not entirely down to his defence
It's a two way street, they have no confidence in him, and vice versa

Once he comes onto the park, he has to make up his mind and let everyone know both teammates and opposition, that he's going to get that ball if it comes anywhere near him, and when necessary at crosses, come for it, and clear out whoever gets in his way
Courage is a 'must have' goalkeeping trait, and so is being a little bit mental, I see nothing of that in him
Get pissed off, buckle down and get pissed off at yourself, your teammates, whoever, but show some emotion and get your head back in the game

When you are at work, you have to leave the personal stuff behind, it's not easy, but it's the only way to ensure you are able to do your job to the best of your ability, and that way, you can fend for yourself and your family

In my humble opinion, he's not going to be the keeper we need for the SPFL and beyond

HH

Barkas has become our scapegoat for obvious reasons now.
Yet on Saturday he pulled off 2 great saves but yet gets slaughtered for poor positioning.
No doubt his own confidence is shot to pieces yet I still would give him the nod over Bain, just highlights how bad the situation remains.
My biggest criticism regarding Barkas now, is he still remains far to quiet with such a young back 4 in front of him.
He is the most experienced of the 5 and with his own confidence shot to pieces, he can hardly install confidence within what is in front of him.
Need to try to get through this game as best we can against a horrible shower of cheating bastards, a big ask but not impossible.
Think we showed enough in the 1st leg to say we are still a better footballing team and if we can cut out the individual mistakes and the full back's not being so gun ho in getting forward we still have a great chance to progress to the next round imo
Think we only highlighted our weakness for the danes to see and work on am not blaming the young center backs ,,,bitons fk up put them in that position and left us on our arse for the return leg

On the defenders ,,,,that's our weakness all night long they just can't play the system wanted not wanna keep harping on about Ralston but every ball across went to the opposing team ,a simple pass out of trouble went to the opposing team and he's no pace to even try and get back to cover his mistakes

Think we only highlighted our weakness for the danes to see and work on am not blaming the young center backs ,,,bitons fk up put them in that position and left us on our arse for the return leg

On the defenders ,,,,that's our weakness all night long they just can't play the system wanted not wanna keep harping on about Ralston but every ball across went to the opposing team ,a simple pass out of trouble went to the opposing team and he's no pace to even try and get back to cover his mistakes
The defence played pretty well considering v Middenland.
If ever there was a defence thrown together that was it, especially with Bitton being sent off. Mitigiating factors on our side.
They got that knob sent off which was one forward less;
They were fucking honking to be frank.

Put up against a team with real quality on Saturday that defence was exposed for what it was, cobbled together.
Even us keyboard warriors know when you play a better quality you need to squeeze the game more than normal. We played open and were destroyed.
Football people talk levels, that was what we witnessed, plain and simple.

Middenland will get a bounce as they are at home, but the only thing i fear is our own doing.

Aye he made they 2 great saves John.....just a shame about the 6 goals he conceded right enough! 😜(y)

Seriously though Barkas is a dud mate, one of the worst keepers I've ever seen at Celtic, not only would I play Bain ahead of him I would play Hazard ahead of him. If we persist with him he's gonnae cost us big time. Time to cut our losses!
He only conceded 3 Shadow and one of them was a penalty, everything else you stated though I agree with.

I stand corrected 50. Was too busy this weekend so I didnae see the game mate but knew Barkas was in the starting 11, when I seen 6 were conceded I just assumed it was the Holey Goalie that shipped them. ;)(y)
Ange hooked him at half time he was that bloody bad, even with 2 saves. Guy needs to go away and get confidence from somewhere, we dont have the luxury of nursing him I'm afraid, the fact that the Celtic Sieve is a prominent feature of the team at the moment wont help him either.

Ange hooked him at half time he was that bloody bad, even with 2 saves. Guy needs to go away and get confidence from somewhere, we dont have the luxury of nursing him I'm afraid, the fact that the Celtic Sieve is a prominent feature of the team at the moment wont help him either.

You're spot on 50 we don't have the luxury of nursing him through trying to build his confidence up over a period of time as we need everyone ready from the off this season. Don't even think that would work with him anyway as I've never seen a keeper rock up at Celtic with such poor decision making, poor positioning or less command of his area than Barkas.

You're spot on 50 we don't have the luxury of nursing him through trying to build his confidence up over a period of time as we need everyone ready from the off this season. Don't even think that would work with him anyway as I've never seen a keeper rock up at Celtic with such poor decision making, poor positioning or less command of his area than Barkas.
The club needs to take a leaf out wayne Roonys book and get him hooked up with 3 tarts in a hotel room feck he might even crack a smile ,and the only thing he'll drop is his kacks

The optimism I felt after the first leg disappeared with the WHU performance.

And Agne's comment after that game, to the effect of 'I can't protect the players' is also a bit concerning. You are going to have to mate because the defence just isn't good enough.

Still, with a bit of pragmatism and the fact that the Danes aren't anything special, we can still get through this round.

The optimism I felt after the first leg disappeared with the WHU performance.

And Agne's comment after that game, to the effect of 'I can't protect the players' is also a bit concerning. You are going to have to mate because the defence just isn't good enough.

Still, with a bit of pragmatism and the fact that the Danes aren't anything special, we can still get through this round.
Wouldnt look too much into the West Ham game ,only a friendly and the Danes looked shit at Parkhead.Im still confident we can get a result .

I think Hjelde is off to Leeds, that's why Murray has been playing. Otherwise why would he not of been in the team already. He showed last season he can play well at SPFL standard. Hjelde is a better player than Murray

He's reportedly started following Leeds on his social media accounts

Yet another we'll lose for nothing due to lack of chances

He should have been playing last season he couldn't have done any worse

I don't think we will be able to live with their physicality tomorrow as we seem a tad lightweight throughout the team at the moment...our best way to beat them is to be faster than them in everything we do and be clinical ....I think it will be a high scoring affair 4-3 to us

He's reportedly started following Leeds on his social media accounts

Yet another we'll lose for nothing due to lack of chances

He should have been playing last season he couldn't have done any worse
He looked good in the SPFL last season for a 17 year old. That's 2 good young CB's we have lost in the last couple of season. The boy who went Bayern Munich and now him to Leeds.
We need to do better with our youth academy and have a clear pathway to the first team. Hope Ange with get that sorted once he fixes the first team

I still believe it's too early to write Barkas off as a complete no-hoper.

Obviously he hasn't done himself many favours since he came in, but it's not all down to him.

Lennon didn't exactly inspire him (or anybody at all) in his first season.

He played in a brand new team with a defence in front of him which included Duffy! Last season's defence were a nightmare for whoever was between the sticks with a backline that looked terrified of everything!

Add to that he was in a new country under covid restrictions and even his harshest critic would have to cut him some slack.

I'm not sure how many games he played last year, but none of our keepers got an extended run in the team.

He's played ONE competitive game under AP with yet another makeshift defence.

I'm not saying he's the answer, I'm just saying he's had a colossal amount of shit to deal with as a new keeper, in a new country, with a pandemic and a shite manager in his first year.

HH 🇳🇬🍻🇳🇬
If you can't handle the heat.... He's rubbish. We can't wait years for ANYBODY to grow into a Celtic shirt.

100%, you can make all the excuses you want about not settling, Lennon, Kennedy and new culture, he's paid to play and he has been woeful
The rot starts from the goal line out
Whoever 'scouted' him, should have gotten their jotters by now
They should never have brought him in

Back