Midtjylland part 2

Fisiani

What did we learn from the first leg and from yesterday? And more importantly how do we win in Denmark? We cannot add any more players. Our defence needs to keep a clean sheet. We have to score. It's that simple. Time for our players to prove they deserve to wear the hoops. If they play to their potential we can do it. We have to win. Just do it. The past does not predict the future. Barkas to be the man of the match.

What did we learn from the first leg and from yesterday? And more importantly how do we win in Denmark? We cannot add any more players. Our defence needs to keep a clean sheet. We have to score. It's that simple. Time for our players to prove they deserve to wear the hoops. If they play to their potential we can do it. We have to win. Just do it. The past does not predict the future. Barkas to be the man of the match.
What did we learn you ask ? Well, we sometimes have a propensity to ignore the standard of the opposition when evaluating our own level of performance. As it happens I don't think a victory is beyond us in the second leg. We were without doubt the better side at Paradise. In fairness, home advantage may well be the deciding factor in the end. Much for Ange to think about. Then again, he's so very short on options, so maybe he doesn't have the luxury of being able to plan for the game in manner he would prefer.

2-1 victory.

I would consider throwing in Hjelde instead of Murry.

I hope to see more of Murry during the season against weaker Premiership teams or Cup ties alongside someone experienced like Starfelt so he can learn and develop.

Unfair to the young lads that they have this responsibility and I don't put it against them. During preseason, Hjelde always looked solid and confident than Murry in my opinion. I would do it.

I think midtjyland will have learned more about us from the first leg. I don't think they were expecting us to put in the performance we did. They are not a particularly good passing team that create too many openings. However with the back 5 we will line up with they will feel confident at home pressing us ....can't see how we keep a clean sheet to be honest. Would be nice if Eddie turned up for what might be his last game or two as I think we will need at least two maybe even 3 to get through. Barkas ....if he plays his performance will certainly be highlighted but it won't be for man of the match.

Thank You, Captain Obvious
We know where we need to be better, but the youngsters can't handle the pressure, not their fault, but as we know, our lack of getting experienced players in who can handle the pressure, is our undoing
Young Welsh is a steady player but needs an experienced player beside him
Bitton's red card put paid to that, and the Bhoy was shown up for lacking positional awareness yesterday, as good as young Murray might be, he's still too inexperienced to be thrust into a a game against European opposition, it's not his fault, you learn good judgement from experience, and you gain experience through bad judgement
Mitty will be champing at the bit to get in amongst our defence on Wednesday and as far as Barkes being Man of the Match... :rolleyes:
Barkas couldn't 'save up'

HH

Last edited:
I think midtjyland will have learned more about us from the first leg. I don't think they were expecting us to put in the performance we did. They are not a particularly good passing team that create too many openings. However with the back 5 we will line up with they will feel confident at home pressing us ....can't see how we keep a clean sheet to be honest. Would be nice if Eddie turned up for what might be his last game or two as I think we will need at least two maybe even 3 to get through. Barkas ....if he plays his performance will certainly be highlighted but it won't be for man of the match.
I think ur rite they will be rite on us from the off so we need to counter Sutton keeps saying about Eddie not stretching defences cause he likes it to his feet but if we tell him to stay on the back line all game chances will come we can pass well middle to front we stay tight and counter them I think we will have enuf 2-1 win

2-1 victory.

I would consider throwing in Hjelde instead of Murry.

I hope to see more of Murry during the season against weaker Premiership teams or Cup ties alongside someone experienced like Starfelt so he can learn and develop.

Unfair to the young lads that they have this responsibility and I don't put it against them. During preseason, Hjelde always looked solid and confident than Murry in my opinion. I would do it.
I think Hjelde is off to Leeds, that's why Murray has been playing. Otherwise why would he not of been in the team already. He showed last season he can play well at SPFL standard. Hjelde is a better player than Murray

It must be the free drugs you get dr fis or your on the wind up

For Barkas to get man of the match he’d need to make more saves in a game than he has in what 14 months ?

Fancy a bet

Last edited:
I was making a point about the past does not predict the future. Zero to Hero in 90 minutes is possible. I hope that Barkes does not have to save a shot all game and that would never make him Man of the Match. I still believe that we can win.

I still believe it's too early to write Barkas off as a complete no-hoper.

Obviously he hasn't done himself many favours since he came in, but it's not all down to him.

Lennon didn't exactly inspire him (or anybody at all) in his first season.

He played in a brand new team with a defence in front of him which included Duffy! Last season's defence were a nightmare for whoever was between the sticks with a backline that looked terrified of everything!

Add to that he was in a new country under covid restrictions and even his harshest critic would have to cut him some slack.

I'm not sure how many games he played last year, but none of our keepers got an extended run in the team.

He's played ONE competitive game under AP with yet another makeshift defence.

I'm not saying he's the answer, I'm just saying he's had a colossal amount of shit to deal with as a new keeper, in a new country, with a pandemic and a shite manager in his first year.

HH 🇳🇬🍻🇳🇬

I still believe it's too early to write Barkas off as a complete no-hoper.

Obviously he hasn't done himself many favours since he came in, but it's not all down to him.

Lennon didn't exactly inspire him (or anybody at all) in his first season.

He played in a brand new team with a defence in front of him which included Duffy! Last season's defence were a nightmare for whoever was between the sticks with a backline that looked terrified of everything!

Add to that he was in a new country under covid restrictions and even his harshest critic would have to cut him some slack.

I'm not sure how many games he played last year, but none of our keepers got an extended run in the team.

He's played ONE competitive game under AP with yet another makeshift defence.

I'm not saying he's the answer, I'm just saying he's had a colossal amount of shit to deal with as a new keeper, in a new country, with a pandemic and a shite manager in his first year.

HH 🇳🇬🍻🇳🇬
There is that side of it the fact that he's never had a settled defence in front of him we have been shit for so long u canny just shake that off over nite unfortunately he must have had something about him to pay wit we did cause we are so frugal way money so he might come good just depends I suppose on his own mentality how stong he is to overcome but that second goal other day his position was shocking I wid still rather getting someone else in

oh to be that positive

I’m not sure how having a shaky defence in front of you restricts your ability to use your hands.
In the last two games he’s proven he’s not up to the job. In complete control of a game he does the opposite of what a keeper should do and let’s a simple ball go in the net.
His positioning on Saturday was amateur like many other times

As long as this guy stays in goal for the season forget any chance of winning anything

and I’m normally the last to criticise a Celtic player

With his confidence at an obvious low, the worst thing to do was play Barkas on Saturday
nowt to do with confidence ,,,,,he's shite ,, his distribution is good ,his bombscare passing across the back is going to catch him out though

But the guy is not a goalkeeper ,,,he has no command of his box ,easy saves he fails makes an arse of and his positioning in a one on one are laughable he's aswell just stepping aside ,,, :unsure: wait ,,,scrub that he does that already

Even giving him a bigger pair of idiot mitts didn't help him ,whoever sanctioned signing him and dumping Gordon needs hunted andBain is no better

Barkas has become our scapegoat for obvious reasons now.
Yet on Saturday he pulled off 2 great saves but yet gets slaughtered for poor positioning.
No doubt his own confidence is shot to pieces yet I still would give him the nod over Bain, just highlights how bad the situation remains.
My biggest criticism regarding Barkas now, is he still remains far to quiet with such a young back 4 in front of him.
He is the most experienced of the 5 and with his own confidence shot to pieces, he can hardly install confidence within what is in front of him.
Need to try to get through this game as best we can against a horrible shower of cheating bastards, a big ask but not impossible.
Think we showed enough in the 1st leg to say we are still a better footballing team and if we can cut out the individual mistakes and the full back's not being so gun ho in getting forward we still have a great chance to progress to the next round imo

Members online

Latest posts

Back