Mikey Bhoy

Lubos left peg

Looks like Celtics IRISH star (I can hear the cries of anger from the smsm and huns all the way down in Surrey) came on and made an impact in his debut for his national team.
Does anyone think there is a future at Celtic for Miky Johnston?
I'll be honest, I've not been paying attention to his loan move so I'm not sure how he's been playing, but he must he doing something right to get an international call-up.
With talk of Abadas possible move away, and Forrest coming to the end of his career I believe it would be wise to keep hold of Mikey. On his day, I believe he's a cracking player. He gets far to much stick when he makes a mistake. More so than Jota, who is prone to imitating Ryan Kent on occasion, with his 40 step overs to nowhere. Maybe now that Johnston is no longer Scottish he won't get as much stick when things don't come off for him.
I hope he comes back to Celtic as I believe he could be a great asset for the team.

There’s Mikeys highlight run from the game, typically him, beats 4 players, with NO end product, as usual playing looking at his feet, can’t get his head up, can’t pick a pass, can’t slot it intae the net, knows roughly where the goal is and simply cannons a shot aff a defender fae 3 yards way 🤷‍♂️

If Jota does that he's a Portuguese superstar that beats 3 players and is unlucky with the shot. If Johnston does it he's got no end product. The fact he was able to beat 3 men completely ignored. Ange has worked wonders on Celtic players who were, IMO, average Scottish players. In Johnston he has a guy who has obvious talent. I understand why he went on loan. Ange was working with Haka, abada, forrest, Jota and Meada. At the end of this season we may only have Haka, Jota and Maeda on the wings. Kewell and Ange can give Johnston a bit of time and guidance. If Ange can turn Ralston into a top player and Taylor into a Champs league left back, I think he could easily work his magic on a guy who is already decent and already has the confidence in himself.

There’s Mikeys highlight run from the game, typically him, beats 4 players, with NO end product, as usual playing looking at his feet, can’t get his head up, can’t pick a pass, can’t slot it intae the net, knows roughly where the goal is and simply cannons a shot aff a defender fae 3 yards way 🤷‍♂️

Looks as though the last defender done well to block it... But I agree on the whole Mikeys final ball never the best, but under Ange and Harry who knows

If Jota does that he's a Portuguese superstar that beats 3 players and is unlucky with the shot. If Johnston does it he's got no end product. The fact he was able to beat 3 men completely ignored. Ange has worked wonders on Celtic players who were, IMO, average Scottish players. In Johnston he has a guy who has obvious talent. I understand why he went on loan. Ange was working with Haka, abada, forrest, Jota and Meada. At the end of this season we may only have Haka, Jota and Maeda on the wings. Kewell and Ange can give Johnston a bit of time and guidance. If Ange can turn Ralston into a top player and Taylor into a Champs league left back, I think he could easily work his magic on a guy who is already decent and already has the confidence in himself.
If he picks head head up there a team mate on the edge of the 6 yard box with a virtual tap in 🤷‍♂️

If he picks head head up there a team mate on the edge of the 6 yard box with a virtual tap in 🤷‍♂️

But he did beat a load of players to get into that position. A bit of coaching on his final ball and we have a player there. Maeda has the touch of an elephant and his shooting and crossing in 50/50 but he's Japanese, fast and exotic so that's fine. Jota spends 80 odd minutes doing step overs, has a decent shot but misses chances and his crossing isn't always great but he's a Portuguese superstar. Abada constantly makes the wrong choices but he does score goals and when he's on his game he's unplayable. I wouldn't change a single one of them by the way. Cause they believe in themselves and no matter the mistakes they make they keep trying. They get bums of seats and the fans love them for it. Mikey skins 5 players and shoots instead of cutting back and the fans want him sold. I don't get it.

But he did beat a load of players to get into that position. A bit of coaching on his final ball and we have a player there. Maeda has the touch of an elephant and his shooting and crossing in 50/50 but he's Japanese, fast and exotic so that's fine. Jota spends 80 odd minutes doing step overs, has a decent shot but misses chances and his crossing isn't always great but he's a Portuguese superstar. Abada constantly makes the wrong choices but he does score goals and when he's on his game he's unplayable. I wouldn't change a single one of them by the way. Cause they believe in themselves and no matter the mistakes they make they keep trying. They get bums of seats and the fans love them for it. Mikey skins 5 players and shoots instead of cutting back and the fans want him sold. I don't get it.
I have to say lubo I agree with most of what you say, except for maeda. I think he's exceptional and doesn't get enough credit. Jota on the other hand annoys the shite out of me with his Michael flatley impersonation every time he gets the ball, which is fairly often. For every ten balls he crosses maybe one is a good one.
As for mikey, I've been critical of him in the past for the reasons mentioned above, but I have to say, he looked different the other night. He looked happy and he was enjoying himself, which he wasn't doing at celtic. Remember calmac was struggling at celtic and went on loan and came back a different player. One thing is, if he's good enough, ange will give him a chance.
He's getting a lot of attention here over his performance, with a lot of people, who knew nothing about him, pleasantly surprised. I hope he comes back to celtic and proves me and everyone else wrong.

So lets re-cap...
Jota couldny cross the road,
Calmac used to be shite but he's awlrite noo,
Same with Taylor,
Maeda's got the touch of an elephant,
Abada canny make his mind up,
Jamsie's past it,
So Mikey might get a game, wan day, if he's lucky.

Not really. I was pointing out some flaws in players. All players have them. Simply to make a point that Johnston, and others sometimes dont get the same support as others. And that's why I said I wouldn't change any of them. Maeda does have a poor touch but his pace and determination can't be matched. A lot of things don't come off for Jota but a lot does and we love that about him. He's quality. Calmac wasn't shite. He just wasn't at the right level....the same as every player who starts out in football. He went on loan and now he's our leader and engine....so more than awrite. No one thought Taylor was the man for the job...but he's now got to be one of the first names on the team sheet. Abada can be frustrating. Sometimes doesn't pick out the right pass, but what a player he is. Beats people with ease and scores some big goals. Forrest will go down as a Celtic legend and will definitely get game time before the seasons out but time catching up on everyone and he's coming to the end of his Celtic career...but I wouldn't say past it

Members online

Latest posts

Back