Keep or sell Mikey Johnston?

• Keep

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Punt

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Loan out

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
We've seen what they can do and should never be allowed back at Paradise but I think the players deserve the chance to show what they can do after receiving the correct coaching.
Things have become that bad shammy that maybe a Howe and Keane partnership could be an option with Howe the main man on tactical issues and player recruitment, Keane setting the standards required for becoming and staying the best at the required level, just a thought

Very true Winter but I much preferred the less negative "which player would we like to see at the club" kind of threads.
That's why the loan option was included, but if we do loan players out this nonsense of loaned with option to buy has to stop. We are buying and flogging players at some rate and often without really seeing what they can offer, option to buy when loaning out a player means we never had any intention of keeping them anyway. Hendry, I've been led to believe falls under this category and that's ridiculous for a player his age an emerging Scottish talent.

I hope am wrong but I don't see it. he's been around the first team for a few years now without having any great impact / or even really getting a run of games. 59 appearances (hope @Winter's numbers are correct) over 4 years. Gives me the 'he gets better the less he plays' feeling.
The numbers come from a piece by "wheres the burds" on football insider TTQtKK

Johnston is too ‘lightweight’ and has no future at Celtic after what I saw v Rangers – pundit via @OneFootball. Read it here:

Very true Winter but I much preferred the less negative "which player would we like to see at the club" kind of threads.
Again shammy only highlights the big decisions that a new manager is going to have to make and no doubt they won't please us all but we won't mind if they are successful. The joys of being a football manager but hopefully with PL traitor out of the door he will stand some chance of delivering the success needed next season.

The numbers come from a piece by "wheres the burds" on football insider TTQtKK

Johnston is too ‘lightweight’ and has no future at Celtic after what I saw v Rangers – pundit via @OneFootball. Read it here:

I don't agree about him being lightweight, too many players get written off with that bullshit. But for me I don't see what he brings to the team consistently and I don't imagine anyone is banging our door down to get him.

Thought I'd throw this in having seen a similar poll for Jack Hendry. Was astounded to read this morning that johnston has now racked up 59 appearances in the hoops. I agree with "wheres ra burds" that hes too lightweight and against the rangers pushed off the ball too easily. He has talent but is he really Celtic first team quality? Right now , probably aye but next season? Those 59 appearances mustve passed me by. 2017 his 1st appearance. For me hes a luxury player who does well in a winning fluent Celtic side. When the coin flips hes nowhere yet still came on before Griffiths and ajetti at the bigotdome and that had me spitting fire at the telly ( sorry telly) I think we should punt .
He might've racked up 59 appearances but, I'd be fairly sure at least half of them were as a sub. I don't think he can be judged until he's played in his correct position for quite a few 90min games.

Pretty much all the squad are united when asked who's the most talented. I've seen the question and answer things from CP in the past and he's regularly top of the other players' lists on that score. I think he would've flourished under BR but Lenny was (as we all know) useless at improving players.

Thought I'd throw this in having seen a similar poll for Jack Hendry. Was astounded to read this morning that johnston has now racked up 59 appearances in the hoops. I agree with "wheres ra burds" that hes too lightweight and against the rangers pushed off the ball too easily. He has talent but is he really Celtic first team quality? Right now , probably aye but next season? Those 59 appearances mustve passed me by. 2017 his 1st appearance. For me hes a luxury player who does well in a winning fluent Celtic side. When the coin flips hes nowhere yet still came on before Griffiths and ajetti at the bigotdome and that had me spitting fire at the telly ( sorry telly) I think we should punt .
Get him out on loan. He needs to toughen up and get some game time. If he stays it will only be as a squad member I think. Build some confidence and who knows where it might lead.

Get him out on loan. He needs to toughen up and get some game time. If he stays it will only be as a squad member I think. Build some confidence and who knows where it might lead.
Mikey is ready, hampered by an injury and is now ready to fufill potential Duff spotted in him.

He might've racked up 59 appearances but, I'd be fairly sure at least half of them were as a sub. I don't think he can be judged until he's played in his correct position for quite a few 90min games.

Pretty much all the squad are united when asked who's the most talented. I've seen the question and answer things from CP in the past and he's regularly top of the other players' lists on that score. I think he would've flourished under BR but Lenny was (as we all know) useless at improving players.
Agree its perhaps unfair to judge a player who hasnt played enough time in his natural position, but this is the game we have now unfortunately. Theres no time for players who don't hit the ground running, klimala and shved are fair examples of that both for me did nothing wrong, klimala not enough time, shved scored on his debut. The fact his 59 appearances since 2017 came mostly as sub wont be afforded to other players. He might well be his peers pick for most talented player but it hasnt converted into his being a starter for Celtic. I remember WGS saying that Derek Rhiordan was the most natural finisher at the the club but he couldnt break into the side either.

Mikey is ready, hampered by an injury and is now ready to fufill potential Duff spotted in him.

Hope so Boab , he seems to be susceptible to injuries, why he was picked to replace Eddy over another striker when chasing a game boggles the brain. We saw he was simply doubled up on and any threat nullified . Eddy should've stayed on with Griffiths or ajetti joining him. Or was JK looking at damage limitation? If he was that hardly worked out

If hes to remain hes got to get first team minutes and more than 10-15. If hes not going to get those starts then loaning him out without the option to buy (which is a nonsense unless were trying to punt) would be a good idea

Theres somethin special about wee Micky ,just needs a decent run in the team and a manager who believes in his ability ,the talents clear to see

Back