Mikey Johnston

more time than most?

he hardly ever gets a game since he got injured under lennon and fell out of favour

i dont see any better options available as cover and he is still very very young

play him in games he can make a difference with tactics that suit his style

getting thrown in against leverkusen away when he cant really defend was tactically garbage move.

in a game we could have won Ange decided to keep a poor shape despite fact it was getting cut open time and time again

other than goal which came from another hate figure Bitton good pass

Jota didnt do that much wonder play imo

he was better than johnson but at the price he being offered at you would expect that

until we have a better back up option than mikey johnston i say mikey should be getting better opportunities against teams he can hurt to get his confidence up

mikey johnston is miles better than frimpong ever was yet frimpong for some reason got pass for being truly shite for us

but mikey who was doing well got injured gets it in neck

turnbull gets free ride and for me he is weak link in our team most games

now ange is the dude with the weak tactics against good teams

scoring 3 against a team means feck all if your losing 4 or more

the team are playing with more effort tha ;ast year

but the talent of the players is less imo

i dont really rate abada yet but as back up to forrest i think he decent

but mikey gets it in neck long before others

at start of season lot of people had knives out for ralston

but run of games in team got him up to speed

mikey johnston is a good player

i havent seen better in scotland for his age he is 22 ffs and when he match fit he as good as any other left winger in scotland
That's the problem Tarzan he's always carrying an injury.Imo would do him better to move on.

Understand Ally what you are saying but both Forrest and Jota were out on their feet and apart from that I dont think Jamsie contributed a lot.
The problem IMO was not bringing subs on the problem for me was who the subs were.
Ajeti, Mikey and James McCarthy I dont think have had 10-15 hours playing time between them all season,I believe also these subs cost us the game but only because they were not up to speed in playing times when they came on.
IMO we started to fall apart when big Nir went of,if he had stayed fit I think we would have seen the game out or at least got a point.

HH
Agree to some extent of what your posting,but I believe that having both Jota and Forrest on one of them would have taken a chance as we were still in it at that time.

Back