Milan: Celtic's Second European Cup Final

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member

Milan, What Might Have Been – Celtic’s Second European Cup Final...outstanding article from Mike Maher.​

Here's David Potter on his most painful of all experiences watching Celtic...

Tommy Gemmell was a good friend of mine. He'd always have a wicked smile on his face and glint in his eye whenever asked about his goal in the European Cup Final. "Which one?' he'd reply...

Incidentally Tommy always said that Roy Keane would make a good Celtic manager....

I asked for time off work to attend that final, but was refused. A trip to the doc for a sicky and that was me sorted.....or so I thought. I was filmed along with my fellow travellers boarding the plane for Milan. It was on the STV news for all to see. Still kept my job though.
Your boss must have been a tim..otherwise youd have been fired on the spot

My first time abroad - went on my own as my mates had no money and couldn't get time off work ( I was working in an office and was able to take time off - well actually , I went on the sick ! )

Wandered around central Milan during the day - was gob-smacked at the prices in the shops - went in to the Cathedral ( should have said a prayer for the team but , like most fans , assumed we would 'walk it against this unknown dutch team ! ' )

Impressed by the San Siro - just big concrete steps rather than seats - gave my new scarf away at the end to a mad Italian fan who was drooling over wee Jimmy .
Chaos at the Airport - got my return flight but was many hours delayed - got back to Glasgow and didn't feel guilty about work because I really WAS sick - at the result !

HH

Members online

Back