Elhamed set to leave Celtic on compassionate grounds?

I hope the team hit rock bottom in thier last game and turn the downward curve upwards,yes they are up against a team on the rise but that should not stop Celtic from haveing a go,it's also an opportunity for the players to prove they are worth the shirt they have seen the response of the supporters and in this game there will be no where to hide and I,m sure Lenny or whoever will I hope be letting them know that in no uncertain terms,guess we will have to wait and see

Did he say he would like to manage Celtic (or have I 'mis-remembered')? I'm sure I read once in the past that Roberto Mancini would like to manage Celtic one day (though he is in charge of Italy just now so that adds a complication to the salary that Parsimonious Pete won't pay.
Did i say he has been quoted as interested in managing us? Probably pure coincidence

Cmon the hoops

lets get the team shape better with the good players we have

lets get the ball moving more than the players

lets get chances created for strikers to shoot and lets hope the midfield stay in midfield to help protect the defence as well as support the offence.

hopefully the gang ho, long ball pish will be abandoned for a more team oriented structure that goes from weak to strong in fastest turnaround in history.

hh

No, I think I was remembering him saying that he was offered the job but didn't take it... probably the board's approach to managing their managers put him off.
What is the better approach to managing managers?

How do you get better players when your already over budget for the guys that aren't good enough?

Is the club wage budgets a hindrance to club?

No, I think I was remembering him saying that he was offered the job but didn't take it... probably the board's approach to managing their managers put him off.
club went all in this season

last year club costs were 80 million

which requires CL to make any money

failed

sold a top player and broke even

this year with pandemic revenues we are likely gonna have costs of 80 million

and even if we win league we likely lose 20 million

much worse if we lose league and cups

and we didn't sell anyone to offset the potential damage.

But lawell is a skinflint and needs to stop interfering in wages for players?

which top manager wants to work under those constraints with fickle fans who want to compete with CL clubs without the 100 million + tv subsidy the big league clubs get before they get CL funding from tv?

There is a good reason Celtic are financially in better position than most clubs outside the tv subsidy

And he might be a sleek it money grabber but he has been good for celtic in more ways than fans might ever understand

msm hate him
horde hate him

now celtic fans hate him

he needs to go for his silence and hubris imo

but he has done the job he asked to do and very well for most part of his tenure

Tonight is a game we neither want nor need. Those responsible should be rooting out everyone who is responsible for the current shambles. CEO should be sacked, manager should be sacked, coaching team should be sacked, the agents of players who want away should be told this is his price, find him a team as early in January as possible.
This won't happen. The egos, and bank balances, of the CEO, the major shareholder, the faceless NEDs who sit on the board and the manager supersede the good of the club.
It doesn't matter who he picks tonight, it doesn't matter which formation he tries to get them to play in, it doesn't even matter if by some miracle we turn in a good performance and take something from the game, the club is fucked and only major changes will start to rectify it. The longer we wait, the worse it will get, and the longer to will take to fix.

Tonight is a game we neither want nor need. Those responsible should be rooting out everyone who is responsible for the current shambles. CEO should be sacked, manager should be sacked, coaching team should be sacked, the agents of players who want away should be told this is his price, find him a team as early in January as possible.
This won't happen. The egos, and bank balances, of the CEO, the major shareholder, the faceless NEDs who sit on the board and the manager supersede the good of the club.
It doesn't matter who he picks tonight, it doesn't matter which formation he tries to get them to play in, it doesn't even matter if by some miracle we turn in a good performance and take something from the game, the club is fucked and only major changes will start to rectify it. The longer we wait, the worse it will get, and the longer to will take to fix.
how much does it cost and who funds the difference?

Im sure it will be just as costly now as it will be throwing even more money at it.

Because we already have a manager the players claim they want work for.

And there is no guarantee next guy will be better than the current championship holder, lenny.

the current players are contributing to costing club 80 million operating expenses this season with likely 60 million income at best if we win league

the cash in bank will need to be used to cover short term working capital in pandemic

And if operating costs are 80 million with these players and lennon and current ceo

are next dudes gonna be cheaper and better?

its a game I am looking forward to watching with hope.

there is previous evidense to suggest lennon can turn it around and I dont think anybody better will be interested in the current financial limitations at celtic without a war chest and expanding the wage budget beyond our already ratcheted up over expensive set up

we need CL at current costs to make small profit

need el and big player sale plus treble to maintain break even

we need massive influx of cash to cover short fall if we dont win league

And we need even more if we need to restructure entire set up for better one

so much for being skint flints

This is the type of game James Forrest would have revelled in... hopefully Lenny starts frimpong and plays him in this advanced role...we definitely play much better when we are not in the ascendancy in games....maybe we should invite teams onto us a lot more and play them on the break?

This is the type of game James Forrest would have revelled in... hopefully Lenny starts frimpong and plays him in this advanced role...we definitely play much better when we are not in the ascendancy in games....maybe we should invite teams onto us a lot more and play them on the break?
hopefully he picks a strong spine with an actual midfield with counter threat

I dont rate Frimpong passing

I hope he gets rest till he learns awareness and how to pass ball like a professional

how much does it cost and who funds the difference?

Im sure it will be just as costly now as it will be throwing even more money at it.

Because we already have a manager the players claim they want work for.

And there is no guarantee next guy will be better than the current championship holder, lenny.

the current players are contributing to costing club 80 million operating expenses this season with likely 60 million income at best if we win league

the cash in bank will need to be used to cover short term working capital in pandemic

And if operating costs are 80 million with these players and lennon and current ceo

are next dudes gonna be cheaper and better?
Do nothing and hope for the best does seem to be the board's position.

Do nothing and hope for the best does seem to be the board's position.
Erm it may be our best chance of success this season and they did back him with best ever signings only a couple month ago

Well at least that was the cry at end of transfer window

no sure sacking him with no contingency is best move tbf

I would like him replaced btw

I just dont think its gonna solve the issues but it will definitely cost even more than 80 million operating costs of last season if they sack him

Erm it may be our best chance of success this season and they did back him with best ever signings only a couple month ago

Well at least that was the cry at end of transfer window

no sure sacking him with no contingency is best move tbf

I would like him replaced btw

I just dont think its gonna solve the issues but it will definitely cost even more than 80 million operating costs of last season if they sack him
I agree there is no contingency, that damning for an overly paid CEO.
Sell the players who want away and you have Ā£50m+ even at reduced values they are now worth.
Massive changes were going to be required in the summer irrespective of winning the league or not, are we saying there is no finances in place to fund the step change?
How much more will bringing any plans (no laughing) forward by 6 months?
How much will it cost if they carry on with their head in the sand act and we don't win the league? Season tickets will plummet as will merchandise sales, sponsorship etc.
Complacency was always going to end the run of success, we just didn't think that consequences of that complacency would occur when we were on the edge of history.
The saddest thing is that isn't a surprise.
Celtic don't kick on from a position strength, they feck it up.

Back