Missing threads

I think the only things we really differ on here STG is whether the threads should have been pulled and maybe our reactions to what was being said.

Only points I would add is that I wouldn't necessarily say people were defending Prince Philip's racism it was more like they were trying to excuse it…like it wasn't really relevant or it was of little consequence.

It's relevant because nobody has a right to airbrush history to make it more palatable for themselves, if the media and others are going to eulogise about the man's 'achievements' then they also have to be honest and open about the man's 'faults' and accept that not everybody has the same level of respect for him as they do and for very good reasons.

He was a man in an extremely privileged position who held influence in the UK and abroad and his words and attitudes had consequences, not just for the people he racially abused but for the emboldening of similar attitudes and behaviours in those he influenced.

Also I don't really buy into the premise of 'it's not acceptable now but it was then' or 'it wasn't considered offensive then but it is now'. It never was acceptable to those on the receiving end of it and it was just as offensive to those people then as it is to them now. Just because those dishing it out thought it wasn't offensive or thought it was acceptable doesn't make them right.

HH (y)

On a lighter note, reading through, the Master being a 6 o'clock start and there being a bucketload of drink consumed, it seems i spent my time saying in 3,000 words over 3 posts what i could have said in a tenth

The threads were deleted for good reason.
I've no time for any of the royals but i refuse to gloat over the death of someone's dad or grandad.
Look at it another way. How would we feel if someone with Celtic connections passed away and threads on FF were gloating? I hope we're better than that. Nothing more to say on the matter.
What I've learned mate is "we" hate people for good reason and when "we" have a circle jerk about someone dying is because they deserved to die. Whereas when the huns hate people and have a circle jerk about them dying they target the wrong people because they're not as enlightened as "us" therefore we hold the moral high ground, apparently 🙄

What I've learned mate is "we" hate people for good reason and when "we" have a circle jerk about someone dying is because they deserved to die. Whereas when the huns hate people and have a circle jerk about them dying they target the wrong people because they're not as enlightened as "us" therefore we hold the moral high ground, apparently 🙄
Talking about threads 🧵 which stadium hud a big advertisement “sews like a dream”

Hatred is hatred mate, hating because of wealth or poverty, hating because of differing religions, hating because of race, hating because of privilege or deprivation its all the same, it's a poison.
I'm fucking strange I'm first to admit it, raised a protestant, turned to Catholicism, became a Buddhist, if anyone out there can convince me that hating folk different to me will improve my life I'll be all ears.
My belief and hope is that the Celtic family can act with decency in these times, no need to agree with, no need to eulogise, equally no need for rabid hatred.

Mate we could get into some long winded philosophical debate about this and for the most part I'd probably agree with you but...

'Hatred is Hatred, it's all the same.'

Is it though? Is hating people because of the colour of their skin the same as hating wealthy people who have enriched themselves at the expense of others? Well naw because hating people for the colour of their skin is irrational, there is no sense to it but hating wealthy people who've enriched themselves at the expense of others has a rationale to it no matter how uncomfortable that might make some people.

'Hatred, it's all poison.'

For the most part...aye it probably is but what about the hatred people have for their oppressors? Is it still poison if it fuels that people's anger enough to the point where it inspires them to rise up and overthrow their oppressors?

What about the hatred of the Allies for the Nazis? Was that burning hatred for the fascists and their fucked up ideals poison if it lead to the soldiers in the trenches pulling themselves through the muck and the horrors of war and helped them not only defeat their enemy but stop Nazism in it's tracks?

Like I said mate we could get into some big debate about all of this but I think we'd all rather move on from this now and get back to talking about the fitbaw. ;)(y)

Last edited:
Mate we could get into some long winded philosophical debate about this and for the most part I'd probably agree but...

'Hatred is Hatred, it's all the same.'

Is it though? Is hating people because of the colour of their skin the same as hating wealthy people who have enriched themselves at the expense of others? Well naw because hating people for the colour of their skin is irrational, there is no sense to it but hating wealthy people who've enriched themselves at the expense of others has a rationale to it no matter how uncomfortable that might make some people.

'Hatred, it's all poison.'

For the most part...aye it probably is but what about the hatred of people for their oppressors? Is it still poison if it fuels the people's anger enough to the point where it inspires them to rise up, overthrow their oppressors which leads to the building of a better society?

What about the hatred of the Allies for the Nazis? Was that burning hatred for the fascists and their fucked up ideals poison if it lead to the soldiers in the trenches pulling themselves through the muck and the horrors of war and helped them not only defeat their enemy but stop Nazism in it's tracks?

Like I said mate we could get into some big debate about this but I think we'd all rather move on from this now and get back to talking about the fitbaw. ;)(y)

110,000 people complained to the BBC about their coverage after the death of Phillip. Doubling the previous record held by "Jerry Springer- The Opera" with 65,000 complaints.
A few hundred complained it was disgraceful that newsreaders were not wearing black ties. Another 200 complained that it was too easy to make a complaint.
Someone said they would expect coverage like that in North Korea or Stalinist USSR.

110,000 people complained to the BBC about their coverage after the death of Phillip. Doubling the previous record held by "Jerry Springer- The Opera" with 65,000 complaints.
A few hundred complained it was disgraceful that newsreaders were not wearing black ties. Another 200 complained that it was too easy to make a complaint.
Someone said they would expect coverage like that in North Korea or Stalinist USSR.
Others were knocking Channel 4 for not flooding our screens on the night the Chookie Embra died. Why would they need to when BBC 1&2 STV and all the News channels had hours and hours of footage of the same folk saying the same things over and over again?

Fruitcakes.

Back