More Music

Benignus

Anybody remember an album that will be nearly 40 years old, a Celtic album that was by a sort of punk/electronic band called the 4 be 2's In honour of the ten men league win in 79?
I don't own one and I haven't heard it for years but it used to make me laugh.
One line from a track went,
'We don't care about your orange sash,
you can take it, and shove it up your arse,
Oh Celtic, Celtic, bonnie bonnie bonnie bonnie Celtic.'
It might have been a 12" ep

Last edited:

Lemon

Anybody remember an album that will be nearly 40 years old, a Celtic album that was by a sort of punk/electronic band called the 4 be 2's In honour of the ten men league win in 79?
I don't own one and I haven't heard it for years but it used to make me laugh.
One line from a track went,
'We don't care about your orange sash,
you can take it, and shove it up your arse,
Oh Celtic, Celtic, bonnie bonnie bonnie bonnie Celtic.'
It might have been a 12" ep
Don't remember that record B but 4 be 2 featured Jimmy Lydon brother of John and I think jock Mcdonald who was well known for various bands that tried to cash in on pistol notoriety by saying featuring J.Lydon on the sleeve. Do remember them highlighting their irish/catholic roots though and one of the offshoot bands was called ?Pope Paul and the Romans. Don't quote me on any of this. Memories are notoriously false in my head.

boab1916

Don't remember that record B but 4 be 2 featured Jimmy Lydon brother of John and I think jock Mcdonald who was well known for various bands that tried to cash in on pistol notoriety by saying featuring J.Lydon on the sleeve. Do remember them highlighting their irish/catholic roots though and one of the offshoot bands was called ?Pope Paul and the Romans. Don't quote me on any of this. Memories are notoriously false in my head.

Brimcbhoy

10,200+ views, wow, popular thread. I'll ad a wee vid too, not heard this for a long time but it was background music on something I was watching the other night and its stuck in my head now..