Mothers and fathers

I was the only boy among 5. I was always my mums favourite and could do no wrong. my two youngest sisters still refer to me as Golden Balls
Yip. I was the only boy among 6 and I think I said on here before aw my clothes were hand me downs. I went to school one day and had the same blouse on as the teacher.
I don't know who was more embarrassed. Me. Or him HH

It happens to be my mum and dads 48th anniversary today
It was quite emotional once I remembered at about 6pm and called wee mags and the shugster
Emotional because they deserve more than they can safely receive
Selfless people, the greatest compliment I can give them is that. They think about their own before themselves.
Parents of an addict (not me to clarify). A daughter whose first teenage experience of drugs was with heroin. Not a smoke of blow, a drop of acid (my personal favourite) or this or that, like me.
No sisters childhood tickle was the heaviest shit possible. If you’ve seen sweet sixteen the film then it was filmed 200 yards from my house and it was as portrayed. An area populated for decades by families, subsequently ruined by a councils decision to move every type of drug addict in the town to one place, that was that very place.
I have no experience with that drug, possibly every other I’ve sampled, liked, loved, disliked and hated. Thankfully not that. I digress. A point.
Ahh my point, when the social finally (after lots of pushing by myself) declared her 5 kids, yes 5 kids, in an unsafe environment, my folks took them on.
I stayed with the sis and kids for around 3 years simply to be someone in their life that wasn’t ruined. I offered to take them on and to this day I’ll never forget my mum took me aside, scolded me, if you do this son, you’ll never have the opportunity of your own.
they sacrificed themselves for these kids, us, me.
I never really considered it as taking one for the team till 6 months later and all of a sudden I’d met the next sweetheart and she was pregnant. Within time I’ve now got 2 girls that are really my favourite people in the world. Bar none
While my 67 year old mum and dad deal with their daughters 5 kids, I have my own family. It took me to be a dad to understand what being a parent really is. Taking the hits to give your kids a better life than you could ever dream of.
The daughter/my sister is a living fucking nightmare but ..... now I get it..., there’s nothing she can do to make them cut that chord... nothing she can do that'll make them turn their backs. Despite the worst shit imaginable.
Onto them as a couple, I remember asking my mum, jeez all those years together, how, why? Mum says we married the day after my 18th birthday, we were clueless son, think how much of a tit you were at 18, salient point mother
But we were different at 28,38,48,58 and will be at 68 but the secret is realising that me and your dad ain’t who we both married, from the next day on we never would be that kid anymore
We have to live with who we’ve become not through choice, just an acceptance that we love each other, we’ve both changed and the changes are just life.
we’ve improved as parents and people over time. We’re become much more than the teenagers that took vows and we’ve created more than we could ever have hoped.
I will never say this to them, but I need to say it, somewhere, even to strangers
Maw, paw, I only hope that I’m half the people you have been. It’s embarrassing how flawless you are as folks.
So in the spirit of a thread in the middle of a pandemic, open up about the people that made you who you are even if you couldn’t tell them, tell us, after all it couldn’t live up to my folks πŸ€”
Cos they’re the equivalent of jinky, lubo and henrik up front, the dream team
God bless my folks, I’m already blessed and god bless you all
Beautiful tribute to your parents m8.we can all be guilty of not appreciating the people we truly love sometimes but it's lovely to tell them now n again.HH

Thanks for the kind words folks, woke up this morning and saw a ton of notifications. S
hit myself, what have i done ?.
Thankfully on this occassion, Jack D has brought out the the best in me.
This site has been an outlet over these months while stuck at home alone and some my see these rambles as a pile of shite, thats ok, but they're my piles of shit :)
Anyhow Dear Deirdries retired, my pen pal is gone

Back