Motherwell v Celtic - all comments here

I didn't think we played too badly to be honest. Griff's poor penalty kick aside we totally dominated and defended well I thought. Gamboa is fouled in the lead up to their goal, as Mark Burchill pointed out on Celtic TV, and as for Clancy's performance, that clearly spoke for itself. How Benkovic's goal gets chopped off only he knows. Conditions were terrible also, so I'm not overly disappointed.

Looking forward to Saturday.
I thought it was a foul also but when we go down that route we get the paranoid tag, but roll on the games we will triumph, and the Huns have been shut up and put in their box tommorow. Killie just sitting at top keeping the pies warm until the weekend.

Regardless of the changes we had enough on that park to more than win that game.With that amount of possession it should be turned into goals.The warning sign was last Thursday night but never got punished tonight we did.We had a good spell for a while then dropped points at Livingston and again tonight.I think a lot of supporters are over confident,8 in a row isn’t a done deal yet,we’ve a lot of improving to do yet.HH

Apart from the goal. There wasnt anything that made me think there was going to be. Bad result. It's nights like this you take points...more than one. Our returning 11 aren't sharp enough .

Regardless of the changes we had enough on that park to more than win that game.With that amount of possession it should be turned into goals.The warning sign was last Thursday night but never got punished tonight we did.We had a good spell for a while then dropped points at Livingston and again tonight.I think a lot of supporters are over confident,8 in a row isn’t a done deal yet,we’ve a lot of improving to do yet.HH

We had a genuine goal chopped off and missed a pen so maybe Well deserve a wee bit of credit for digging in.Every team will get a chance at some point and Gamboa was fouled but we still failed to defend it.

I know I'm going to get it in the neck for this comment and I'm well aware there was loads of changes but we reverted back to that passing around the back bullshit that we started the season with. It stopped when Brown was out the team...we were on fire but I saw the same crap tonight. Brown coming back to pick up the ball. The whole team coming back with him..I understand how that tactic is supposed to work. Brown comes back. Drags their midfield out of position and creates space but opposition teams have got wise to it and hold their shape. It just means we are fucking passing the ball back and side to side constantly. I fucking hate the tactic...granted Griff was pish and Sinclair was his usual and French eddy couldn't be arsed.....I'm not sure what my point is anymore....?

???? optimism going forward is what we need as a team and as a support.

Few stand in’s tonight so can’t in all honesty br over/critical. Although hearing the boss perhaps i should be... but i just can’t.

Not with the MIB. Cant put that on my bhoys, end of story !
We could have went full strength and lost players so its a gamble with a squad and we have to play these guys, they are our team and squad when we win titles these guys are part of it as they enabled good players rest time. Shit happens, but it happens to all teams so we are the best and will remain the best.

Had to rest players and did so disapointed maybe, but lot of games coming short period of time and the huns get beat with the sheep, take the good with the bad beat Killie at weekend and sit with two and one in hand.

Some of the players definitely need a bit of rest but 7 changes to the starting line up in one go is too many Boab, get the points secured first then rest players up. It is what it is but we chucked away the 3 points tonight and it was avoidable.

HH.

Some of the players definitely need a bit of rest but 7 changes to the starting line up in one go is too many Boab, get the points secured first then rest players up. It is what it is but we chucked away the 3 points tonight and it was avoidable.

HH.
Fair enough as they say on the radio AB88 its all about opinions, but we will finish stronger.

I know I'm going to get it in the neck for this comment and I'm well aware there was loads of changes but we reverted back to that passing around the back bullshit that we started the season with. It stopped when Brown was out the team...we were on fire but I saw the same crap tonight. Brown coming back to pick up the ball. The whole team coming back with him..I understand how that tactic is supposed to work. Brown comes back. Drags their midfield out of position and creates space but opposition teams have got wise to it and hold their shape. It just means we are fucking passing the ball back and side to side constantly. I fucking hate the tactic...granted Griff was pish and Sinclair was his usual and French eddy couldn't be arsed.....I'm not sure what my point is anymore....?
I know what your point is and it’s a good one.We done it down at Kilmarnock and it gives teams time to sit in and it’s easier for them to defend against us.We’ve got to be quicker.HH

I didn't think we played too badly to be honest. Griff's poor penalty kick aside we totally dominated and defended well I thought. Gamboa is fouled in the lead up to their goal, as Mark Burchill pointed out on Celtic TV, and as for Clancy's performance, that clearly spoke for itself. How Benkovic's goal gets chopped off only he knows. Conditions were terrible also, so I'm not overly disappointed.

Looking forward to Saturday.

That's the annoying thing about it mate we weren't actually that bad it was just a bit disjointed at times and we were lacklustre in the second half and only sprang back into life after they scored but it was too late to do anything about it by then.

It's done, we dust ourselves down and move on but BR needs to be a bit more sensible in future when choosing to rest players. Stagger it over a period of games, rest a couple at a time so the changes don't have too much of a negative impact on the team dynamic.

HH.

no snap LUBO, brendan phuqed up with seven changes,bring broony back tae break up play but play mcgregor beside him to play killer passes! decision makin in the final third is abysmal,same as sunday, christie MoM performance again! phuq it ah'm fed up!!!!

We need to return to the midfield trio of Rogic, McGregor, Christie on Saturday. I would also play Forrest, Griffiths, Edouard up front.
Tonight was too slow, too many passes across the back and we started moves too deep. Cal Mac as deep lying playmaker moves us 20-30 yards up the pitch.

no snap LUBO, brendan phuqed up with seven changes,bring broony back tae break up play but play mcgregor beside him to play killer passes! decision makin in the final third is abysmal,same as sunday, christie MoM performance again! phuq it ah'm fed up!!!!

And what was the thinking behind playing Ntcham out on the left? Couldn't get my head around that one.

A couple of observations: one, being only 1-0 up with 10 to go in any match will encourage an "Honest mistake" from the MIB so we have to make damned sure we win the match before they can influence it's outcome. Two, whilst we need to rotate 5he team in December 7 changes is far too much. Brendan has did this b4 and it's rarely worked.
Time to get focussed.

I thought it was a foul also but when we go down that route we get the paranoid tag, but roll on the games we will triumph, and the Huns have been shut up and put in their box tommorow. Killie just sitting at top keeping the pies warm until the weekend.
That's the annoying thing about it mate we weren't actually that bad it was just a bit disjointed at times and we were lacklustre in the second half and only sprang back into life after they scored but it was too late to do anything about it by then.

It's done, we dust ourselves down and move on but BR needs to be a bit more sensible in future when choosing to rest players. Stagger it over a period of games, rest a couple at a time so the changes don't have too much of a negative impact on the team dynamic.

HH.
On another night, Griff scores the penalty, Benkovic's goal stands, we get the other penalty claim, score it and Clancy gives the free kick for the foul on Gamboa. That's all it is really, I'm not convinced it came down to the number of changes made. Aye we could have done better in the final third but you also have to credit, if that's the right word, Murderwell's defensive strategy on what was a terrible night to play a game of fitba. As you say though, we move on to Saturday.

Members online

Latest posts

Back