Motherwell v Celtic, Fir Park Wed 5 February, kick-off 7.45pm - all comments here

FIR PARK is always a tough place to visit and we've seen Celtic title dreams die in this ground, so three points tomorrow night will be that little bit more significant for those us at THAT game that they call Helicopter Sunday. That remains to this day my worst ever experience watching Celtic.

Tomorrow Neil Lennon will be looking to maintain the perfect start to the new decade and after the 4-1 win a few miles up the road at Hamilton on Sunday he will have numerous team selection matters to ponder.

1. Will Jozo Simunovic come into the back 3 now that we're back playing on grass or will be go with young Stephen Welsh who had a fine debut. Probably the latter.

2. Has Jonny Hayes done enough to replace Greg Taylor in the starting eleven? Probably not.

3. What about trying to fit Ryan Christie and /or Tom Rogic into the team after both made their case with assists on Sunday? Probably Christie will start with Rogic on the bench alongside Olivier Ntcham.

4. Has Callum McGregor recovered from that tackle that was similar to the one that Ryan Christie got a red card for at Livingston? Given it's Calmac, he'll play.

So the team could look like this

Forster

Welsh, Jullien, Ajer

Forrest, Christie, Brown, McGregor, Taylor

Edouard, Griffiths.

Score Prediction? Motherwell 0 Celtic 2

Oh Hibs are a Ibrox, worth mentioning if only because when we talked about their games alongside ours ahead of their matches against Hearts and Aberdeen, five points from six were dropped and Hibs will fancy getting something tomorrow. It would be particularly nice....
I'm always confident before we play anyone especially domestically , but you're right it will be another tough test though the way we are playing right now ,mainly in going forward I'm confident that even if we concede we will still outscore the opposition. Motherwell just lost away to Livingston 1-0 though theyve had much better fortunes on the road ,they are 3rd in the table and that represents a super season for them. On home form though they are in 6th place. They are the kind of side that you dont want to give any encouragement to apnd have given us some great games in seasons past. So we must start better than we did at Hamilton we were pretty lacklustre before the penalty which was most of the first half. I dont expect them to park the bus as much as other clubs would and think they'll fancy having a go ,which hopefully will be to our benefit and be a more open game. Forrest, Christie, rogic McGregor ntcham all look to be back on form and playing well just at the right time griffs getting better every time he runs out and eddys been unplayable. The confidence seems sky high right through the side and bench and for this reason I'm going for a rout Motherwell 1 Celtic 4 Edouard, Griffiths, Chritie McGregor banging in the goals and hibs taking a point at ibrokes with a kamberi own goal , sweet 😎 HH COYBIG ☘

Not been on much of late troops. But with everything going on lately with Jim Traynor and the Scottish Media's campaign against Celtic, a banner highlighting Jim Traynor's deeds and influenne, would be the ideal way to kick of "Traynor Watch". Both on social media, banners, phone in's and of course blogs. Smoke that twisted cunt and his acolytes, right out.

Clowns in the middle tonight will be

Don Robertson + dunderheid dallas 4th official for us

Madden has the sevco game

expect this to be a bruising game , we should play Rogic tonight can easily unpick a locked defence

going for a 0-1 ugly win

You're in an upbeat mood TV, what happened to you? 😹
I think it'll be tough tonight, hope im wrong. 3 points is all that matters.

I'm always upbeat about the team it's the board I that depresses me. I don't hold back when I think a player isn't good enough though. My view has always been if you're good enough for the team I support you, if you're not I don't. That will never change. If the jersey fits. Sentimentality never comes into it for me. If I could get over myself not being good enough to play for Celtic then I apply the same honest assessment of everybody.

Tonight I think we will be right on it. We have the ability. So 4 or 5 for me.

Latest posts

Back