Motherwell v Celtic - Sunday, all comments here

Without a doubt pal....I remember saying this before the start of the season...I said that it would be a leveller..and I got laughed at as per!
Not so funny now though
Of course it's a leveller, 60, 000 screaming mental Celtic supporters vs an empty stadium it's a no brainer. Also sevco are doing better without a support and that's a benefit for them on the field as their support are the most fickle in the country, leaving games at ht, no fans to get on their backs its helped them 100%

After one of our recent defeats, I heard Lenny say “we’ve got these apps” when he was asked about his preparation and analysis. He offered no detail, just “these apps”. I suspect he doesn’t even know the name of the software and has never once referred to it to analyse results, performances or fitness levels. He probably leaves that Kennedy...

Give me physiology over psychology any time. If your players are unfit a roar from the crowd will only take you so far.
How many times has that roar from the jungle practically sucked the ba' into the net over the years? Too many to count , supporters in their element at CP as you know is a special thing , to say that it has no effect on the team is just daft , it gives added confidence and strength to those on the field, they are people after all and those players who have been there all say the same thing it makes a difference, it's a leveller and it's also probably a big reason why we have southampton top of the EPL and Barcelona 15th in la liga

Look, folks, I don’t hate Lenny. I love the fact that his very presence infuriates the huns. But I love my club more. The 10 is something many of us have dreamed about all of our lives. Lennon’s inaction and failure to the do the basics is putting that dream at risk.

They are already making my new Celtic kit with the initials SB on it ready to manage the team. I'll give all you guys a heads up regarding the team I'm gonna put out😉
Heads up, overlooked oompaaloompahs
Making yir shirt are yi weeier thum Shammy
Stevieweebhoy evin so yi kin sit oan ma shooders Boss I’ll be yir waterbhoy

HH 😂

Lmao

I cant even get replies from jobs when I was fit and healthy

I know im probably naive with my analysis

But ive been watching enough football to know full backs at big clubs need to be defenders first

no wingers

nice if they can utilise space and shift up that line to support attacks when timing is good

but our full backs are more in opps half even when our cbs have the ball

how often is the punt 40 yards to the full backs

watch any top team and their number 10 is in their own half to start attacks no charging channels when ball is over 40 yards behind him with cbs

pick any famous number 10 and watch his games concentrating on him

you will see he always comes to the ball, always wants ball for triangles and creating space for other players

he might be gash at tackling but he still harries their mid field when they are on the charge

we have 3 attacking mids who very rarely come into our half

we have 2 cm who are forced to cover behind our full backs and it leaves a 30 to 40 yard gap to man marked attackers

so its hoofed instead of triangles and requires accurate passes to connect under press

its a very poor system we play imo

we sacrifice centre midfield despite playing 5 mids most games and supposedly narrow but narrow up top extra wide in the spine nearest goal

if they come central we are totally exposed on flanks

it works if opposition just sits back and struggles to pass 20 yards accurate

but against proper system we are toast if opps have good wingers and 3 guys who can play central mid

they risk the 40 yard pass over their head connecting and having 5 plus striker against 4 defenders

but our passing over 30 yards is pretty average and we struggle to one touch control high balls

but still that seems to be the plan

ram up close to their defence hope their midfield fall back far enough for scrappy random receives

but when opps can sit in front of our mids with 2 wingers and striker then percentage game swings in their favour

and then they have momentum charge of 3 mids bearing into channels to support and if they have wingers with talent our cms and centre backs cant get ball off them quickly enough to prevent gift chances on over loaded channels

weak low percentage tactics and worse we have the better talented players over 20 yard passing range but we are mostly 30 yard plus out of strong range

weak

even Brazil 1970 where 20 yards at most from guy on ball

and they had 40/50 yard accuracy with certain players in that team

we play high risk defending with low percentage long ball going forward

gash
I'm sure I heard packie say on radio the other night that you cant defend properly when ur full backs spend most often game up the other end crossing it to each other

This is such balls. The absence of fans hasn’t stopped Sevco staying fit, motivated and working as a unit has it?
No it hasn't Tyrone Celt. But they are playing better than us with no fans, it seems to suit them. We on the other hand need our supporters more than ever now. How many times in the past if players looked tired the supporters gave them the energy to get over the line. I remember the old days packed celtic Park driving the team on. It is no coincidence that Jinky played better when on the old jungle side of the ground, the wee man always gave his all for the punters. That's the difference the fans make to the team. Players busting a gut for the supporters.

After one of our recent defeats, I heard Lenny say “we’ve got these apps” when he was asked about his preparation and analysis. He offered no detail, just “these apps”. I suspect he doesn’t even know the name of the software and has never once referred to it to analyse results, performances or fitness levels. He probably leaves that Kennedy...
TC, let's all concede that you make very valid points about fitness. Let's also concede though that players can be either undercooked or overcooked in that respect too.

I had a period in my life where my hammys were like fuckin Arnold Shwarzenegger, but they were as tight as the infamous fat Pat's thong and once you twanged they bastarts, it was that bad you got whiplash!

Fitness is a big part of the equation just now, but it's not the only thing that's containing this team. In certain games they pass the ball to death because they're scared of being the one that gives it away. In other games they're just hitting a pass and hoping it gets somewhere remotely close to the receiver. In certain games they're too tight to opponents and giving away stupid fouls. In other games, the opponents can drive buses through the spaces.

Lenny does have to be accountable, but so do the highly paid professional footballers who look like they've never kicked a ba' sometimes.

Physical conditioning us a huge part of the modern game, but confidence is an often overlooked commodity and that's another thing that's not in plentiful supply right now.

You keep banging that drum because we need a rhythm section, but we also need the other band members to show up and play their instruments too.

Team

Bain
Frimpong Bitton Ajer Laxalt
Brown McGregor
Christie Rogic Elyounoussi
Ajeti
Like that line up though I dont believe ajer is fit enough yet but I dont know. I have a feeling that the line up will look more like this
Bain; Welsh, Duffy, Bitton; Frimpong, Brown, McGregor, Ntcham, Laxalt; Ajeti, Edouard

I’m not feeling it today down as fuck even if we lose if we fight like never before every player fighting for that Jersey that would be something I would be happier. But that to me is a ridiculous thing to want were Celtic
We should be aiming higher than that.
hope the Team turns up Today
3-0 but with no confidence
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

Members online

Latest posts

Back