Mourinho

Lenny. Every day of the week and twice on Sundays!

Completely agree. I'm still trying to figure out what the anti-Neil folks have against Lenny. The guy bleeds Celtic, he's a good manager (maybe not great . . . yet), and I think he understands the players pretty well. Also, I think the players like and respect him, which is an important element. True, he got off to a rough start, but I think now we're seeing the kind of lineups and play that are making the team his own. Clearly the next three weeks will be the deciding factor, but so far he has my support.

Completely agree. I'm still trying to figure out what the anti-Neil folks have against Lenny. The guy bleeds Celtic, he's a good manager (maybe not great . . . yet), and I think he understands the players pretty well. Also, I think the players like and respect him, which is an important element. True, he got off to a rough start, but I think now we're seeing the kind of lineups and play that are making the team his own. Clearly the next three weeks will be the deciding factor, but so far he has my support.
Spot on. I tell you what lcafiero he put his head on the block taking over from Brendan, had we had to recruit I don't think we'd be where we are. If we win this treble there can be no more debate, because he will have earned it. And next season if he's approached by another Club halfway through the season he'd tell them to stick it.

Dear God no. I'm aware of what he could do for the club but no. I can't fucking stand him.
I believe if this is the man they want then we are entering bigger stakes, lennon will not be pushed out and niether will JK, if this decision is made it is made for the big push to get 9 and 10 over the line and whilst it is happening European and top notch coaching for our team in general, i am like most on here and have backed Lenny, but Lenny commented when he arrived he was blown away with what BR had left in place in training techniques and line formation manuals, therefore Celtic will be looking at a bigger picture in this, so why not wait and if it materialises this will knock Europe and UK for six and Celtics stock and size will be recognised fully, we are too big a brand not to be exploited to the full and with history to compliment, bring it on.

I believe if this is the man they want then we are entering bigger stakes, lennon will not be pushed out and niether will JK, if this decision is made it is made for the big push to get 9 and 10 over the line and whilst it is happening European and top notch coaching for our team in general, i am like most on here and have backed Lenny, but Lenny commented when he arrived he was blown away with what BR had left in place in training techniques and line formation manuals, therefore Celtic will be looking at a bigger picture in this, so why not wait and if it materialises this will knock Europe and UK for six and Celtics stock and size will be recognised fully, we are too big a brand not to be exploited to the full and with history to compliment, bring it on.
still think it's clickbait Boab, nothin more!

Spot on. I tell you what lcafiero he put his head on the block taking over from Brendan, had we had to recruit I don't think we'd be where we are. If we win this treble there can be no more debate, because he will have earned it. And next season if he's approached by another Club halfway through the season he'd tell them to stick it.

What does having a different opinion from both of you/wanting the club to keep its options open until the end of the season, and then take stock, mean we are anti Neil Lennon?

That’s just bizarre.

We know he’s a Celtic man, and we all appreciate what he’s given the club, but he’s been given plenty back.

As for putting his neck on the block, - yeah to a point, but he was out of work, had left Hibs under a cloud, and probably wouldn’t have got another decent job in Scotland.

We know he still lives in Dowanhill, his boy goes to St Aloysius, and his stock isn’t great in England anyway.

He’ll probably make about 500k(inc bonus’) for his few months, and I’m basing that on his previous salary, which like I said, he won’t make anywhere else.

He has loads of good points, but I also know enough about him to realise he also has plenty of faults.

If he gets the job, I’ll be right behind him, but everyone I go to the games with, also friends and family all think that we should be going for the very best that’s available.

It’s nothing personal for God’s sake, and we also shouldn’t be using Rodgers as any sort of moral compass. He’s irrelevant now.

We have to keep improving.

In the week we’ve lost Billy, and Stevie Chalmers, it should reinforce how huge a club we are, and what we should always be aiming towards.

What does having a different opinion from both of you/wanting the club to keep its options open until the end of the season, and then take stock, mean we are anti Neil Lennon?

That’s just bizarre.

We know he’s a Celtic man, and we all appreciate what he’s given the club, but he’s been given plenty back.

As for putting his neck on the block, - yeah to a point, but he was out of work, had left Hibs under a cloud, and probably wouldn’t have got another decent job in Scotland.

We know he still lives in Dowanhill, his boy goes to St Aloysius, and his stock isn’t great in England anyway.

He’ll probably make about 500k(inc bonus’) for his few months, and I’m basing that on his previous salary, which like I said, he won’t make anywhere else.

He has loads of good points, but I also know enough about him to realise he also has plenty of faults.

If he gets the job, I’ll be right behind him, but everyone I go to the games with, also friends and family all think that we should be going for the very best that’s available.

It’s nothing personal for God’s sake, and we also shouldn’t be using Rodgers as any sort of moral compass. He’s irrelevant now.

We have to keep improving.

In the week we’ve lost Billy, and Stevie Chalmers, it should reinforce how huge a club we are, and what we should always be aiming towards.

Hi Ronin, First time chatting to you, Hope you are well and pleasure to meet you.

To take your first point I don't believe the original poster meant anyone was particularly anti Lennon as a man, he meant anti Lennon for the post as in would prefer an alternative. I obviously can't speak for him but as I read it that's how I interpreted it. I doubt any offence was intended.

For your second point he may well have got another job in Scotland but his reputation at Celtic (and this is the reputation he put on the line) would have been somewhat diminished had he failed, had he not got us over the line, in fact if he hadn't also got us to the cup final. A reputation he was willing to put up to scrutiny, without a second thought. The financial recompense is no doubt considerable, but I do doubt it was even much more than a secondary consideration than Celtic's need for an immediate bum in seat was great.

I personally don't think we'd be in such a position had the Board had to start a recruitment process. We needed continuity and this is where again he put Celtic before reputation. He was willing to come in without his own backroom team and simply guide the team, predominately without changing much at all. Ego set aside. Again we'd have been hard-pushed for a successor from outside not to try an immediately make his own mark.

I'm also not sure his own residence or the schooling of his child entered the thinking upon jumping in, I may be wrong of course but I'm not sure he pops out for the School pick up at 3.30 or drops home for his sandwiches at lunchtime for 30 mins R&R :)

I also don't believe the original poster, and nor did I mean anyone who doesn't want Lennon for the job does it for personal reasons. Even those who don't want him for the job more than likely still adore the man. I hope nothing from my post would make you feel that way. Apologies if it did it certainly wasn't intended.

As for the best man for the job. I've written fairly extensively elsewhere that I have no doubts Lennon is just that, I appreciate every Celtic fan wants just that.

But again Rodgers was not used as a 'moral compass' more an example of this mythical better man I hear of but with rarely a credible name put forward, is more than likely to be using Celtic as a stepping stone (one bitten twice shy). My own personal feeling is I want 9 and I want 10. To do that I believe we need continuity and someone who doesn't have an eye on SkySports ticker tape for the next EPL vacancy. Someone who understand what it takes to win in Scotland, someone who will understand just how much people will want Celtic to fail, someone who understand the game's governance in Scotland often lacks somewhat in fairness. A safe pair of hand to carry us to 10. These will be stormy waters.

I'm sure it doesn't take the loss of 2 Lions to understand we are a big Club and we need to move forward, but they were both Celtic men, as is Neil Lennon. I obviously can't speak for them but I'm certain at the very least they would have seen in Neil Lennon a Celtic man like themselves and man with the Club before anything else.

It's my own personal feeling we risk a lot over the next 2 seasons by bringing in someone else who may not quite get what's ahead.

It's nothing personal (genuinely) and I don't believe anyone who supports the club is Anti Lennon. far from it but in my book Lennon steadied the ship, kept it ticking along and calmed the place down, finished the league, all without really making a mark of his own. If he wins the Cup I think he's earned the right to implement his own plan and maybe could well prove to be be the man as you say to keep us improving

Hi Ronin, First time chatting to you, Hope you are well and pleasure to meet you.

To take your first point I don't believe the original poster meant anyone was particularly anti Lennon as a man, he meant anti Lennon for the post as in would prefer an alternative. I obviously can't speak for him but as I read it that's how I interpreted it. I doubt any offence was intended.

For your second point he may well have got another job in Scotland but his reputation at Celtic (and this is the reputation he put on the line) would have been somewhat diminished had he failed, had he not got us over the line, in fact if he hadn't also got us to the cup final. A reputation he was willing to put up to scrutiny, without a second thought. The financial recompense is no doubt considerable, but I do doubt it was even much more than a secondary consideration than Celtic's need for an immediate bum in seat was great.

I personally don't think we'd be in such a position had the Board had to start a recruitment process. We needed continuity and this is where again he put Celtic before reputation. He was willing to come in without his own backroom team and simply guide the team, predominately without changing much at all. Ego set aside. Again we'd have been hard-pushed for a successor from outside not to try an immediately make his own mark.

I'm also not sure his own residence or the schooling of his child entered the thinking upon jumping in, I may be wrong of course but I'm not sure he pops out for the School pick up at 3.30 or drops home for his sandwiches at lunchtime for 30 mins R&R :)

I also don't believe the original poster, and nor did I mean anyone who doesn't want Lennon for the job does it for personal reasons. Even those who don't want him for the job more than likely still adore the man. I hope nothing from my post would make you feel that way. Apologies if it did it certainly wasn't intended.

As for the best man for the job. I've written fairly extensively elsewhere that I have no doubts Lennon is just that, I appreciate every Celtic fan wants just that.

But again Rodgers was not used as a 'moral compass' more an example of this mythical better man I hear of but with rarely a credible name put forward, is more than likely to be using Celtic as a stepping stone (one bitten twice shy). My own personal feeling is I want 9 and I want 10. To do that I believe we need continuity and someone who doesn't have an eye on SkySports ticker tape for the next EPL vacancy. Someone who understand what it takes to win in Scotland, someone who will understand just how much people will want Celtic to fail, someone who understand the game's governance in Scotland often lacks somewhat in fairness. A safe pair of hand to carry us to 10. These will be stormy waters.

I'm sure it doesn't take the loss of 2 Lions to understand we are a big Club and we need to move forward, but they were both Celtic men, as is Neil Lennon. I obviously can't speak for them but I'm certain at the very least they would have seen in Neil Lennon a Celtic man like themselves and man with the Club before anything else.

It's my own personal feeling we risk a lot over the next 2 seasons by bringing in someone else who may not quite get what's ahead.

It's nothing personal (genuinely) and I don't believe anyone who supports the club is Anti Lennon. far from it but in my book Lennon steadied the ship, kept it ticking along and calmed the place down, finished the league, all without really making a mark of his own. If he wins the Cup I think he's earned the right to implement his own plan and maybe could well prove to be be the man as you say to keep us improving
Hard to argue with any of that. Also as Commons pointed out on Saturday Lenny may have other offers to consider. I think the Mouriniho story is bollox and just paper talk. My own personal preference is Stevie Clark, don't care what he says, offer him enough salary and he'll take it.

Members online

No members online now.

Back