Moussa

Not sure this is the right thread for this post , but here goes . Moussa has gone after having sited that the club had not honored a gentlemans agreement . Now some of you older fans ( aka Celtic Da's , like myself ) will remembered the gentlemans agreement being brought up by the likes of DiCanio , Van Hoiijdonk etc., for this to be later poo pooed by ex players / team-mates years later . All these players have agents who are , and were well versed in contract negotiations so why would they accept these " gentlemans agreements "? I would venture that they wouldn't and didn't . So that said I think the club have done well in getting more than 40 times what they payed for a player that didn't want to be at the club anymore . Before anyone thinks this is going to be a post congratulating the club on their transfer window dealings , it most certainly isn't . As I have already posted on this thread we ,as a self professed selling club , should have players pre- targeted for such eventualities . In Dembeles case they may not have seen this stance from the player coming , so they get a bye ball in that respect , but were was the planning to replace Boyata a player who didn't want to renew his contract before going to the world cup , I wonder why ? Maybe planning on going ? I think everyone saw that coming except our board . Now rather than making a hefty profit on a player , like Dembele , who is looking to move on , we are about to lose him for SFA , ( Does'nt mean sweet Fanny Adams ) so therefore , poor management . We still haven't addressed our problem area , defence , other than a single loanee , and there is no defence for that . We still need a creative midfielder ( what I'd give for a Lubo ) , but hey we have finally brought in cover for Broony , should we be eternally grateful ? You decide ! HH. COYBIG.

Back