Nasty Nicola doing her best

Has she praised the Huns for staying at home yet?

Embittered wee orange tramp.

Watched her fumble her rhetoric, claiming she wasn't versed in the exact nature of Celtic's visit.
And to me, that's a bigger crime - do your own fucking research if you're a politician addressing a nation at a sensitive time, and alienating a portion of your voting populous already suspicious of your party's underlying dogma. Her and that gormless goon Swinney yesterday put me off them for life.

I'd only like to see one concise reply from Celtic to the maelstrom the SNP & SMSM tarantulas are trying to create - 'Shut the fuck up.'

We can all agree that they agreed this on 12th November. It is the responsibility of the people making the trip to make sure they are still in compliance with the latest regualtions and travel advice. This is something our Supervisor at work has had to do repeatedly since July when we have needed to send someone away. He has been doing this weekly, daily and latterly hourly!

And yet a huge organisation like Celtic didn't bother checking again in the 7 weeks after the initial agreement. I repeat, as employers it is the responsibility of our club to keep up-to-date.
I don't want to get involved in politics (all a bunch of self serving cunts as I've already said, which apparently makes me a tory 🙄)
So let me remove the sainted snp and just deal with the facts, we have an overseas trip sanctioned but its up to us to confirm that sanction on a daily, hourly basis rather than assume the sanctioning body will contact us if the rules are about to change? Really??
Its not as though they had 5000 elite sport overseas trips to consider, they had roughly one apparently.

Some folk should really listen to what she was asked and what she actually said ,as Bridie says it was a loaded question which by all acounts she kinda knew she didn't have all the facts and said so

Her understanding and the clubs explanation of the elite sports protocol are vague good luck getting the sfa to do anything they don't even understand testing

It's the bastards at the scottish office folk are needing to direct there moans at their the ones stirring the shit the quicker folk get a hold of that the better
They all know in advance who they will speak to and the questions.They can avoid certain questions if they choose to do so. She chose to speak about the subject. To think otherwise is niave tbh.

Well I watched the full briefing today and she was asked a loaded question about the Celtic trip and a possible visit from Trump to avoid the presidential inauguration. She acknowledged straight away that this was dangerous territory but she gave a full answer to a direct question. If you haven't seen the full response then I'd suggest you watch it rather than read headlines from the Scottish media.

So Celtic consulted the Scottish government and got agreement with our travel plans on the 12th November. And then no-one ftom our club thought it was prudent to check since if it was still OK? Has there not been a single person within our club that has watched the news in the last 7 weeks? The huge increase in infections, the discovery of a new strain of the virus which is 70% more infectious. Multiple countries entering into lockdown situations as they desperately try to keep the infection rates down - which bans non-essential travel. Why the hell weren't we in constant communications to establish the latest recommendations (as my work has been doing as we send workers abroad for essential work) - clearly there has been a massive shift in the Covid situation since 12th November!

I personally agree it is extremely unnecessary travelling to Dubai at this time for a few days of warm weather training (a month ago - I'd have said fine, even though we gave subsequently discovered it was not a good idea). IMO we have unnecessarily risked the healtg of our players and staff, never mind the poor publicity it was always going to bring onto the club after the developments of the last couple of weeks.
You nailed it BB. Celtic are in the wrong here and there's no excuse whatsoever. I don't care whether it was sanctioned or not sanctioned but surely someone at the club has some common sense but apparently not. Stupid stupid stupid.

Last edited:
They all know in advance who they will speak to and the questions.They can avoid certain questions if they choose to do so. She chose to speak about the subject. To think otherwise is niave tbh.
Nothing niave about it

She answered that she didn't have all the facts and why avoid the question ,,,,covid protocols in sport and the elite sports protocols don't sit with the snp ,it sits with the scottish office and scottish govt depts

We need to defend ourselves ..We are getting attacked from every angle here..If Celtic come back from Dubai and it has the same effect that it has had in previous seasons and we blow teams away , im all for it..What did Sturgeon say when Rangers players broke Covid rules ? The government commended them..Sturgeon shouldnt be allowed to comment on any Covid breach after she broke the rules..What punishment did she pay for that ????

As far as i know we have broke no rules in going to Dubai (rightly or wrongly) so all the hun critics can go to fuck as they are only hoping to land us in trouble..Obviously a wee hun basta*d that took the pictures ..
There is no defence for stupid.

Nothing niave about it

She answered that she didn't have all the facts and why avoid the question ,,,,covid protocols in sport and the elite sports protocols don't sit with the snp ,it sits with the scottish office and scottish govt depts
So she chose to answer a question she couldn't give us any reasonable and informed responce or did she take the opportunity to put the boot in? If you read properly what i said i mentioned they all know in advance. If you don't have all the facts as a polititian you should avoid it. She chose to plant a seed of doubt. Bitch.

So she chose to answer a question she couldn't give us any reasonable and informed responce or did she take the opportunity to put the boot in? If you read properly what i said i mentioned they all know in advance. If you don't have all the facts as a polititian you should avoid it. She chose to plant a seed of doubt. Bitch.
maybe you should watch the whole question and listen to the answer

Why is this about politics? The club is the wrongdoer here. They have put this trip ahead of the health and wellbeing of the players. Thousands are jetting off to the same locale probably carrying the bloody virus along with them. Utter madness to not take responsibility for such a cock-up.

BTW, I am no fan of wee Nic or the SNP although I'm a Nationalist. Some folk think they go hand in hand but it isn't so.

Have you watched that part of the briefing yet Stevie? She never put the boot in! Watch it and then comment.

We are going round in circles here so I'll just say that these regulations and the advice has been put in place to protect the health and wellbeing of our players and their families - as well as the rest of us - and at no point since 12th November did we check if it was still safe for us to send our people to Dubai for a few days of training rather than continue to use Lennoxtown.

Why is this about politics? The club is the wrongdoer here. They have put this trip ahead of the health and wellbeing of the players. Thousands are jetting off to the same locale probably carrying the bloody virus along with them. Utter madness to not take responsibility for such a cock-up.

BTW, I am no fan of wee Nic or the SNP although I'm a Nationalist. Some folk think they go hand in hand but it isn't so.
:unsure: too much common sense in that post

Have you watched that part of the briefing yet Stevie? She never put the boot in! Watch it and then comment.

We are going round in circles here so I'll just say that these regulations and the advice has been put in place to protect the health and wellbeing of our players and their families - as well as the rest of us - and at no point since 12th November did we check if it was still safe for us to send our people to Dubai for a few days of training rather than continue to use Lennoxtown.
I've watched it all mate. If you read back I've never condoned our trip. I've stated we've done nothing wrong regarding the rules. I wouldn't have commented unless i saw it all.

Because politicians are interfering with our clubs business Shammy when there is no need. Please tell me what rules have been broken? That's what this is about. I'd say the same of any polititians allegiances.

Back