Nasty Nicola doing her best

Torrancetim

despite what we think about the rights or wrongs of the Dubai trip , the SNP trying to score cheap points and appeal to the unionist vote by criticising the trip , is a low blow even for nasty nic, she should concentrate on trying to make up for some of the catastrophic mistakes she has made in this pandemic , even the SFA are bewildered by these comments
Appealing to the lowest of the low
Shameful

Well I watched the full briefing today and she was asked a loaded question about the Celtic trip and a possible visit from Trump to avoid the presidential inauguration. She acknowledged straight away that this was dangerous territory but she gave a full answer to a direct question. If you haven't seen the full response then I'd suggest you watch it rather than read headlines from the Scottish media.

So Celtic consulted the Scottish government and got agreement with our travel plans on the 12th November. And then no-one ftom our club thought it was prudent to check since if it was still OK? Has there not been a single person within our club that has watched the news in the last 7 weeks? The huge increase in infections, the discovery of a new strain of the virus which is 70% more infectious. Multiple countries entering into lockdown situations as they desperately try to keep the infection rates down - which bans non-essential travel. Why the hell weren't we in constant communications to establish the latest recommendations (as my work has been doing as we send workers abroad for essential work) - clearly there has been a massive shift in the Covid situation since 12th November!

I personally agree it is extremely unnecessary travelling to Dubai at this time for a few days of warm weather training (a month ago - I'd have said fine, even though we gave subsequently discovered it was not a good idea). IMO we have unnecessarily risked the healtg of our players and staff, never mind the poor publicity it was always going to bring onto the club after the developments of the last couple of weeks.

despite what we think about the rights or wrongs of the Dubai trip , the SNP trying to score cheap points and appeal to the unionist vote by criticising the trip , is a low blow even for nasty nic, she should concentrate on trying to make up for some of the catastrophic mistakes she has made in this pandemic , even the SFA are bewildered by these comments
Appealing to the lowest of the low
Shameful
She will never win them over.. full stop.
She is regarded with.distain,I was standing in a que just before Christmas and a wee wifey.was given her disgusting verbal.

Last edited:
Well I watched the full briefing today and she was asked a loaded question about the Celtic trip and a possible visit from Trump to avoid the presidential inauguration. She acknowledged straight away that this was dangerous territory but she gave a full answer to a direct question. If you haven't seen the full response then I'd suggest you watch it rather than read headlines from the Scottish media.

So Celtic consulted the Scottish government and got agreement with our travel plans on the 12th November. And then no-one ftom our club thought it was prudent to check since if it was still OK? Has there not been a single person within our club that has watched the news in the last 7 weeks? The huge increase in infections, the discovery of a new strain of the virus which is 70% more infectious. Multiple countries entering into lockdown situations as they desperately try to keep the infection rates down - which bans non-essential travel. Why the hell weren't we in constant communications to establish the latest recommendations (as my work has been doing as we send workers abroad for essential work) - clearly there has been a massive shift in the Covid situation since 12th November!

I personally agree it is extremely unnecessary travelling to Dubai at this time for a few days of warm weather training (a month ago - I'd have said fine, even though we gave subsequently discovered it was not a good idea). IMO we have unnecessarily risked the healtg of our players and staff, never mind the poor publicity it was always going to bring onto the club after the developments of the last couple of weeks.
She's a wee poisonous bitch. No rules broken yet it's a big deal? Approved by both the SFA and the Government now trying to backtrack. Her response didn't acknowledge that the new rules were put in place AFTER we were in Dubai. She can fuck right off.

She's a wee poisonous bitch. No rules broken yet it's a big deal? Approved by both the SFA and the Government now trying to backtrack. Her response didn't acknowledge that the new rules were put in place AFTER we were in Dubai. She can fuck right off.
I know that has always been your opinion of everyone in the SNP Stevie and you are entitled to it. But seriously? You do not think that it would have been prudent for someone in our club to have rechecked again at some point in the last 7 weeks based on the very public change in circumstances that have occurred since 12th November? I'd say that was negligent on our part.

Last edited:
I know that has always been your opinion of everyone in the SNP Stevie and you are entitled to it. But seriously? You do not think that it would have been prudent for someone in our club to have rechecked again at some point in the last 7 weeks based on the very public change in circumstances that have occurred since 12th Novemeber? I'd say that was negligent on our part.
I'm not saying it was the best idea in the world at present but please tell me what rules our club has broken to warrant this level of scrutiny? Main news headlines? Ffs gimme a break.

It was booked and approved more than a month ago pal. I personally think it a bad idea however we've done nothing wrong with the rules so why the high level scrutiny?

I'm not saying it was the best idea in the world at present but please tell me what rules our club has broken to warrant this level of scrutiny? Main news headlines? Ffs gimme a break.
The question was a setup by a bluenose journalist and everyone watching it knew it and Sturgeon knew as soon as it was asked how her answer would be reported no matter what she said. In fact we just watched the STV News and when they said their headline about the story my (non-Tim 😒) wife just turned and said "that"s not what she said at all".

As usual, this is 100% being driven by the media.

Last edited:
It was booked and approved more than a month ago pal. I personally think it a bad idea however we've done nothing wrong with the rules so why the high level scrutiny?
But medical advice has changed drastically in that time period. Millions of us have had their travel plans scrapped over the last 10 months. Getting away from the politics, I can't understand why we weren't in constant dialogue with a number of parties in the lead up to this jaunt.

But medical advice has changed drastically in that time period. Millions of us have had their travel plans scrapped over the last 10 months. Getting away from the politics, I can't understand why we weren't in constant dialogue with a number of parties in the lead up to this jaunt.
I don't agree with us being in Dubai, unnecessary risk and probably in bad tase given what the country is facing.
But surely the parties that sanctioned the trip (the Scottish government and the SFA) should have opened dialogue with us if their advice/rules had changed or were about to change?

I don't agree with us being in Dubai, unnecessary risk and probably in bad tase given what the country is facing.
But surely the parties that sanctioned the trip (the Scottish government and the SFA) should have opened dialogue with us if their advice/rules had changed or were about to change?
The responsibility is ours - we are the ones travelling abroad in a global pandemic which has quite clearly changed dramatically in December. During these seven weeks no one at our club sought clarification if it was still OK to travel!

We need to defend ourselves ..We are getting attacked from every angle here..If Celtic come back from Dubai and it has the same effect that it has had in previous seasons and we blow teams away , im all for it..What did Sturgeon say when Rangers players broke Covid rules ? The government commended them..Sturgeon shouldnt be allowed to comment on any Covid breach after she broke the rules..What punishment did she pay for that ????

As far as i know we have broke no rules in going to Dubai (rightly or wrongly) so all the hun critics can go to fuck as they are only hoping to land us in trouble..Obviously a wee hun basta*d that took the pictures ..

Don't you think they should have advised us regarding any concerns? They approved this as i said over a month ago. We don't make the rules.

Don't you think they should have advised us regarding any concerns? They approved this as i said over a month ago. We don't make the rules.
We can all agree that they agreed this on 12th November. It is the responsibility of the people making the trip to make sure they are still in compliance with the latest regualtions and travel advice. This is something our Supervisor at work has had to do repeatedly since July when we have needed to send someone away. He has been doing this weekly, daily and latterly hourly!

And yet a huge organisation like Celtic didn't bother checking again in the 7 weeks after the initial agreement. I repeat, as employers it is the responsibility of our club to keep up-to-date.

We can all agree that they agreed this on 12th November. It is the responsibility of the people making the trip to make sure they are still in compliance with the latest regualtions and travel advice. This is something our Supervisor at work has had to do repeatedly since July when we have needed to send someone away. He has been doing this weekly, daily and latterly hourly!

And yet a huge organisation like Celtic didn't bother checking again in the 7 weeks after the initial agreement. I repeat, as employers it is the responsibility of our club to keep up-to-date.
So it's our fault we didn't read the minds of the government? Ffs the whole nation is guided by THEIR decisions.

So it's our fault we didn't read the minds of the government? Ffs the whole nation is guided by THEIR decisions.
Did you watch the whole segment when she discussed this? If we have been able to discuss the changes of circumstance here on the Noise then why the hell didn't someone in our organisation think it prudent to check if it was still safe to send our players and employees abroad given the discovery such a virulent new strain of this virus?

Some folk should really listen to what she was asked and what she actually said ,as Bridie says it was a loaded question which by all acounts she kinda knew she didn't have all the facts and said so

Her understanding and the clubs explanation of the elite sports protocol are vague good luck getting the sfa to do anything they don't even understand testing

It's the bastards at the scottish office folk are needing to direct there moans at their the ones stirring the shit the quicker folk get a hold of that the better

Back