Neil Lennon – Motivational Strengths, Man-Management and a November reckoning

Why do Celtic chase after players, then eventually sign them, then leave them sitting on the bench?.
Christie, Taylor and now Turnbull.😡
Makes we wonder if we are operating like many do nowadays and a manager identifies a type of player he is looking for and leaves it down to the recruitment to see who is available to fill the role. Once in the door the manager don't rate them. I stated earlier that in a interview after Milan he would like to play a 433 but has no wingers for me that is alarming, as I don't believe lenny really wanted to play that way as we never made any real attempt to bring any in. Saying that is Turnbull a lenny signing or a board signing as I can't see him being happy about his opportunity's at the moment especially when a lazy so and so is well ahead of you by the looks of things

Makes we wonder if we are operating like many do nowadays and a manager identifies a type of player he is looking for and leaves it down to the recruitment to see who is available to fill the role. Once in the door the manager don't rate them. I stated earlier that in a interview after Milan he would like to play a 433 but has no wingers for me that is alarming, as I don't believe lenny really wanted to play that way as we never made any real attempt to bring any in. Saying that is Turnbull a lenny signing or a board signing as I can't see him being happy about his opportunity's at the moment especially when a lazy so and so is well ahead of you by the looks of things
Nice one, John

Stevie....Time is not on our side....We either have to give him time to change it or appoint somebody else.....If we don't beat Aberdeen....his time will be up I reckon....It is too much an important season....His win rate is ok....its the way his tactics are, thats not working,,,,I don't know if he can change it......If he has lost the dressing room. then afraid his time is up......I would be worried that a new manager would have some job on his hands to hit the ground running :unsure:
. That depends on the quality of Manager we hire.

I feel empathy and sympathy for him if he stressed and ill, but if thats the case he needs to go off sick like Griffiths because he will be even more sick if he looks back and we buckled as team cause he no well.

Might even buckle if he jacks it.

But if he ill and no making good choices the board should be insisting he take a back seat. His health is more important for him and his family. The clubs health is not got room for stressed out men who are making poor management calls through need of rest.

For same reason Griffiths had my sympathy but also no fit to play despite empathy for him, same goes for Lenny. If Lennon thinks the team is playing, Fantastic, then I think the men in white coats should take good care of him.

We really haven't been playing very good, fantastic or the best football under your management in recent months.

If you genuinely think we are the strongest looking unit under your command then you are no well.

this team would get pumped off the Barca side we beat if we played the way you claim is fantastic.

I heard a rumour today and I'll put it out there and maybe someone on here who is closer to the wheel than me can tell me if its shite or not.
Allegedly the whole issue with the dressing room stems from the bolingoli and griffiths situation and how they were handled so differently by Lennon. It seems boli was a very popular figure in the dressing room and a lot of the players are pissed off at the way he was treated. Especially jullien, ntcham and Eddie. Then griff done what he done and basically got a rap on the knuckles.
Like I said it's only a rumour I heard and it's quite possibly shite. I also heard that jullien and Lennon have fallen out.
Could be true Deadner, I have said before that the French lads don't want to play for Lenny as they say he is a bully. I believe, Win or lose the league this season Lenny will be gone. Either sacked or he will walk away again.

Made no secret that I wasn't keen on Lenny coming back on a permanent basis, said at the time that I thought he was tactically suspect/naive and the Lazio games aside (where he seemed to get his tactics and game plan spot on) I think my initial reservations about him getting the gig permanently have turned out to be valid.

However when he did get the nod I fell into line, vowed to give him my backing and even after Saturday's clusterfuck he still has it. NOT once have I called for him to resign or be sacked but legend or no legend Lenny is not above criticism and he's more than due it for some of the catastrophic decisions he's made and the capitulations he's presided over.
Nice one, Shadow
Let's be honest if this was anybody other than Lenny getting turned over by a bang average hun side
on multiple occasions, being fucked out at the qualifying stage of the CL by the likes of Cluj and Ferencvaros, being turned over in the Europa League by Copenhagen or sending out a Celtic team with NO strikers then there wouldn't be any 'let's get behind the manager' narrative being pushed by ANYONE we'd be unanimously calling for their head on a fucking spike!

There's nothing I want more than to see Lenny succeed, deliver the 10, secure the treble and smash the huns along the way but while he might still have my backing I'm fucked if I'm gonnae sit here and say nothing or happy clap when he fucks up just because he's Lenny! This club is bigger than any one man no matter who that man may be!

Back