Neil Lennon – Motivational Strengths, Man-Management and a November reckoning

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Nae pressure then......I actually feel sorry for Neil Lennon...he must be under tremendous stress....not an easy time coming up.....hope he turns the tide and gets us back firing on all cylinders.....I really do...but if not....then I am afraid no man is bigger than the Club, no matter how much he loves Celtic.....we have to move on......One of our biggest seasons since 1888.....We cannot stand still, or worse, go backwards............................ Come on Neil....You Can Do It 🍀

Nae pressure then......I actually feel sorry for Neil Lennon...he must be under tremendous stress....not an easy time coming up.....hope he turns the tide and gets us back firing on all cylinders.....I really do...but if not....then I am afraid no man is bigger than the Club, no matter how much he loves Celtic.....we have to move on......One of our biggest seasons since 1888.....We cannot stand still, or worse, go backwards............................ Come on Neil....You Can Do It 🍀
Surprised at that Lenno. This is OUR TEAM. No loyalty or sentamentally for Lenny. Only the team.

Surprised at that Lenno. This is OUR TEAM. No loyalty or sentamentally for Lenny. Only the team.
Stevie....Time is not on our side....We either have to give him time to change it or appoint somebody else.....If we don't beat Aberdeen....his time will be up I reckon....It is too much an important season....His win rate is ok....its the way his tactics are, thats not working,,,,I don't know if he can change it......If he has lost the dressing room. then afraid his time is up......I would be worried that a new manager would have some job on his hands to hit the ground running :unsure:

I feel empathy and sympathy for him if he stressed and ill, but if thats the case he needs to go off sick like Griffiths because he will be even more sick if he looks back and we buckled as team cause he no well.

Might even buckle if he jacks it.

But if he ill and no making good choices the board should be insisting he take a back seat. His health is more important for him and his family. The clubs health is not got room for stressed out men who are making poor management calls through need of rest.

For same reason Griffiths had my sympathy but also no fit to play despite empathy for him, same goes for Lenny.

We really haven't been playing very good, fantastic or the best football under your management in recent months.

If you genuinely think we are the strongest looking unit under your command then you are no well.

this team would get pumped off the Barca side we beat if we played the way you claim is fantastic.

He bought a left back to play like winger.

He bought a rb and made a wee boy first pick

he bought a no nonsense centre back and told him to punt it long like beckanbauer despite fact he has terrible 30 yard connection rate.

he bought numerous strikers and put christie up front

then elyounousi

he signed Soro, why exactly

he signed boli, never had 1 good game

he paid a fortune for Ajeti claims he still no fit????

he paid fortune for Klimala still no fit????

Eddy not getting passes

brown telling everybody to push up for punts in first half

wee frimpong cant pass ball very well gets start every game

christie became the greedy b gets picked for random positions

bitton hasn't put much wrong hardly gets a game

released Hayes when we are weak in left wing

constantly playing players out of position

Lewis Morgan as striker

we have about 40 players but refuses to sell trouble makers

all in all I haven't been that impressed with his management but he was stumbling to wins in close games even with the wonky tactics, imo

hard to complain about somebody you wanted as manager

but its not running smoothly and he doesn't appear to be giving correct signals to motivate squad to get into team fit and ready for biggest season in donkeys????

oh and we have umpteen attacking midfielder and very few stable defensively brilliant midfielders bought another one who must be at least 4th or 5th choice number 10???

is elyounousi a winger or a striker?

I assumed he was left winger but at Molde he seems to be striker

So why sign ajetti? with so many strikers fighting for 1 spot cause christie seems first pick for 10 slot imo

I just dont get the formation no matter how many times I try give it benefit of doubt its a mess

seems to be 3 1 5 1 with no actual midfield 30 yard gap between dm and 6 players on the opps defensive line.

gash

3 cbs 1 dm

3 AM

2 wingers/wb but never ever in our half when cb got ball

and a striker who never gets ball passed to him

Sorry loyalty to the club, the team is players and management Stevie, so no players or managers are bigger than the club, so loyalty to the club and support to whom is given the job to lead us or play for us.
The club stevie is the fans, we make the club, we remain loyal to the values we all share, so if there is a time for change it will be done in a proper manner, there will be no gnashing of teeth or protests or demos, the people in charge will come to a decision if they think its the right one.
If not we will make the change happen but it will be done gracefully, after all the guy in charge is a supporter with the dream job, he wants what we want, maybe some of the player want the wonga instead.

Last edited:
Neil Lennon – Motivational Strengths, Man-Management and a November reckoning - article by Niall J

Interesting article Niall j even though I might not agree with all the points especially after such a gut wrenching display on Saturday
If I could send a message to lenny and the team I would say as follows

I am just an ordinary member of been part of the biggest footballing family in the world football. I am PROUD to be such a member, and I wear our club colours with PRIDE. That does not make me any better or worse than the hundreds of thousands who do the same as me worldwide. We are the most LOYAL and PASSIONATE fans you could wish to know and set the template for which other clubs have tried to copy. Why are we that way is because we are CELTS and will always will be while there is breath in our bodies.
Our HISTORY is filled with standing up and been PROUD members of such a family. For all of our LEGENDS have not and never will be forgotten.
For you and this current squad of players have been blessed with the opportunity of entering that LEGENDS hall of fame and an eternal member of the CELTIC family.
This opportunity may never come around again for all members of the family a 10 in a row league titles, so it should be grasped with both hands.
In a season that means so much to so many it is not easy to watch and see the way it has been gone about to date. In fact I would state we are a SHAMBLES to where we should be in a season that stands for so much. The preformances with only 3 exceptable, 9 poor with scrapped results except 1. And 1 that was so disgusting and disgraceful it is not easy to put into words.
We are all PROUD CELTS and to lay down and die in our own back yard on the last 2 occasions is nearly classed as unforgiveable when it is against our dirty neighbours for all that they stand for.
This hole can be quite easily climbed out of that we have fell into and all it calls for is putting the PRIDE back into the famous GREEN and WHITE HOOPS that you have been blessed to represent as we are to follow.
The time has come where failure is no longer an option for all concerned as we have been patient so far to date, and for any representatives of our club that are not willing to wear the top with the same PRIDE as ourselves, then there is a door that they can walk through and leave, as no individual has or ever will be bigger than our club and we have many upon many who will always be immortal.
We no longer will wait for a change in our approach to this season we DEMAND it, as for many members of this family would play for free if they were blessed like you all to be given the opportunity.
We can still have our dreams fulfilled as nothing has been lost and still so much to gain. All it calls upon is the UNITY and COMMITMENT that we are so famous for, and no more of that SHIT we were given on Saturday as I don't think we deserve to be HURT in such a manner
HH.
YNWA

Interesting article Niall j even though I might not agree with all the points especially after such a gut wrenching display on Saturday

I am just an ordinary member of been part of the biggest footballing family in the world football. I am PROUD to be such a member, and I wear our club colours with PRIDE. That does not make me any better or worse than the hundreds of thousands who do the same as me worldwide. We are the most LOYAL and PASSIONATE fans you could wish to know and set the template for which other clubs have tried to copy. Why are we that way is because we are CELTS and will always will be while there is breath in our bodies.
Our HISTORY is filled with standing up and been PROUD members of such a family. For all of our LEGENDS have not and never will be forgotten.
For you and this current squad of players have been blessed with the opportunity of entering that LEGENDS hall of fame and an eternal member of the CELTIC family.
This opportunity may never come around again for all members of the family a 10 in a row league titles, so it should be grasped with both hands.
In a season that means so much to so many it is not easy to watch and see the way it has been gone about to date. In fact I would state we are a SHAMBLES to where we should be in a season that stands for so much. The preformances with only 3 exceptable, 9 poor with scrapped results except 1. And 1 that was so disgusting and disgraceful it is not easy to put into words.
We are all PROUD CELTS and to lay down and die in our own back yard on the last 2 occasions is nearly classed as unforgiveable when it is against our dirty neighbours for all that they stand for.
This hole can be quite easily climbed out of that we have fell into and all it calls for is putting the PRIDE back into the famous GREEN and WHITE HOOPS that you have been blessed to represent as we are to follow.
The time has come where failure is no longer an option for all concerned as we have been patient so far to date, and for any representatives of our club that are not willing to wear the top with the same PRIDE as ourselves, then there is a door that they can walk through and leave, as no individual has or ever will be bigger than our club and we have many upon many who will always be immortal.
We no longer will wait for a change in our approach to this season we DEMAND it, as for many members of this family would play for free if they were blessed like you all to be given the opportunity.
We can still have our dreams fulfilled as nothing has been lost and still so much to gain. All it calls upon is the UNITY and COMMITMENT that we are so famous for, and no more of that SHIT we were given on Saturday as I don't think we deserve to be HURT in such a manner
HH.
YNWA
👏 👏👏👏👏 Slainthe John Hail Hail ☘️🍺🥳

The problem is, how long do we wait before deciding whether Lennon can turn it around? Then we have the problem of who replaces him?

Wait too long or get the wrong person next and we are royally f#£€×&.

Lennon has to turn it around now. There is too much at stake not to.

Until anything is confirmed kelly it can still only be treated as speculation. I think his agent gobbing off to the press only heightens the speculation. Lenny will still get my backing all the time he is in charge of team affairs, no matter how much he has pissed me off, and still believe someone else could do a better job

HH.
YNWA
👏 👏

Until anything is confirmed kelly it can still only be treated as speculation. I think his agent gobbing off to the press only heightens the speculation. Lenny will still get my backing all the time he is in charge of team affairs, no matter how much he has pissed me off, and still believe someone else could do a better job
Same here
He's got my backing has had from the start

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back