Neil Lennon – Motivational Strengths, Man-Management and a November reckoning

I just listened to NL media conference. I'm no great NL fan but he came out fighting, told it like it is and I certainly hope he gets it right for the club, for him and for us.
One thing that did resonate was we should be enjoying this season, it's the culmination of 9 years previous hard work that could have gone astray at any point.
Torrancetim did a great post on what it means to be a Celtic fan and the memories and strengths we have. So let's get on and enjoy this, pile the pressure on them, because that's where it is, and I for one will try better to see the big picture rather than through the prism of one week of disappointment.
HH

Apologies to all Lennon fans for having a different opinion. I thought I was allowed.
You are indeed entitled to your opinion Niall J and that opinion may be deabated but the concensus of how we as fans feel is the force should unite us, for if we can at the end of the day , (not this day) when all is done and dusted at the seasons close, be it defeat or victory, each who held their opinions be it in differences, admit that their opinion was done when not seeing things as other did. Hail Hail Neil,

You are indeed entitled to your opinion Niall J and that opinion may be deabated but the concensus of how we as fans feel is the force should unite us, for if we can at the end of the day , (not this day) when all is done and dusted at the seasons close, be it defeat or victory, each who held their opinions be it in differences, admit that their opinion was done when not seeing things as other did. Hail Hail Neil,
This for Neil or for me? think I need an avatar..or Neil does. too similar :)

I just listened to NL media conference. I'm no great NL fan but he came out fighting, told it like it is and I certainly hope he gets it right for the club, for him and for us.
One thing that did resonate was we should be enjoying this season, it's the culmination of 9 years previous hard work that could have gone astray at any point.
Torrancetim did a great post on what it means to be a Celtic fan and the memories and strengths we have. So let's get on and enjoy this, pile the pressure on them, because that's where it is, and I for one will try better to see the big picture rather than through the prism of one week of disappointment.
HH
Dyou know wher TorranceTim's post is? Can't find it. Just spent 20 mins looking for it :)

Dyou know wher TorranceTim's post is? Can't find it. Just spent 20 mins looking for it :)
Here it is :

Yesterday at 5:09 PM
Add bookmark
When times are hard and the chips are down this is what we do , we pull together, we work for each other, we focus on the positives and ignore the noise , that’s why we are who we are , every day of my life I thank god I am a Celtic supporter . For all the joy they have brought me and my family , memories , Milan, Barcelona , Lisbon, Vigo , Seville, Paris, to name a few away trips where we played hard and partied harder, and last year my first away trip with my 18 year old son to Valencia , stories and memories I will never forget and am blessed to have and shared with family and best mates and of course the Celtic family , do not let these cunts get us down, we are better than that , that is what they want to do , to demoralise , to destabilise , but we are better , if they want a war , let’s give it to them , all guns blazing , and as usual at the end of the season we will be victorious
Fuck the huns
Like Reply Report

TT' s journey is not unlike my own, maybe he's a bit younger😉
but it seems to me to encapsulate the big picture which I for one sometimes lose sight of.
Could be worth an article Neill
HH

Here it is :

Add bookmark
When times are hard and the chips are down this is what we do , we pull together, we work for each other, we focus on the positives and ignore the noise , that’s why we are who we are , every day of my life I thank god I am a Celtic supporter . For all the joy they have brought me and my family , memories , Milan, Barcelona , Lisbon, Vigo , Seville, Paris, to name a few away trips where we played hard and partied harder, and last year my first away trip with my 18 year old son to Valencia , stories and memories I will never forget and am blessed to have and shared with family and best mates and of course the Celtic family , do not let these cunts get us down, we are better than that , that is what they want to do , to demoralise , to destabilise , but we are better , if they want a war , let’s give it to them , all guns blazing , and as usual at the end of the season we will be victorious
Fuck the huns
Like Reply Report

but it seems to me to encapsulate the big picture which I for one sometimes lose sight of.
HH
Thanks Lmc. I like it. Reminds me of Sean Connery's Untouchables speech. Not that I would condone putting anyone in a morgue you understand, More the sentiment 😉

There's another slightly different angle to take here too.

Do any of you need your boss to tell you how to do your jobs?

Would any of you welcome it and be grateful if your boss told you that your work was substandard?

Would you not know yourself if you weren't performing to expectations and would you not just take a shake to yourself and do something about it?

These boys are experienced players. If they need someone how to tell them how to do their jobs at this stage, then they're in the wrong profession.

Aye, the formations and line-ups might be questionable, but that doesn't exactly explain how the good sense to make a run after you pass a ball, or take a man on, or hold your position has evaporated from the memory banks?

This is not a one-man issue - it is a collective problem which they all have the capacity to sort oot.

There's another slightly different angle to take here too.

Do any of you need your boss to tell you how to do your jobs?

Would any of you welcome it and be grateful if your boss told you that your work was substandard?

Would you not know yourself if you weren't performing to expectations and would you not just take a shake to yourself and do something about it?

These boys are experienced players. If they need someone how to tell them how to do their jobs at this stage, then they're in the wrong profession.

Aye, the formations and line-ups might be questionable, but that doesn't exactly explain how the good sense to make a run after you pass a ball, or take a man on, or hold your position has evaporated from the memory banks?

This is not a one-man issue - it is a collective problem which they all have the capacity to sort oot.
Spot on there is a collective issue here certainly and much of it really is, like you say around the basics.
Take shane Duffy. I'd been thinking take him out the firing line, let him get his head straight, but if I went to my boss and said, 'I know I've been making uncharcteristic errors that my CV would indicate I shouldn't be making, I think you should ask Janet from the admin team to fill in for a few days while i recharge the batteries' She'd be well with in her rights to write my resignation letter for me and just ask me to sign and date.
One proviso I'd make is there have been so many below par until the last couple of games that at what point do you say, is it the performance or is it instruction and strategy? I don't know, hopefully we are moving out this dark place now. A settled team for a whie would go a long way, especially the backline.

Spot on there is a collective issue here certainly and much of it really is, like you say around the basics.
Take shane Duffy. I'd been thinking take him out the firing line, let him get his head straight, but if I went to my boss and said, 'I know I've been making uncharcteristic errors that my CV would indicate I shouldn't be making, I think you should ask Janet from the admin team to fill in for a few days while i recharge the batteries' She'd be well with in her rights to write my resignation letter for me and just ask me to sign and date.
One proviso I'd make is there have been so many below par until the last couple of games that at what point do you say, is it the performance or is it instruction and strategy? I don't know, hopefully we are moving out this dark place now. A settled team for a whie would go a long way, especially the backline.
Niall J, did Duffys CV indicate he was a ball player like Julien or did it state a no no no-nonsense defender to take the hits for the two ball palyer in a back three, only for us to be left with a crisis as Julien took a knock and we are either faced with playing a kid or the option of adopting a new shape to counter the inadequices.
My argument in your office arrangement is you are claiming your CV does state man for the job with the skills whereas Duffys might state not a ball player or comfortable when played in that role, however has the attributes Julien lacks in hardness and winner of the ball in crunching tackles.

Niall J, did Duffys CV indicate he was a ball player like Julien or did it state a no no no-nonsense defender to take the hits for the two ball palyer in a back three, only for us to be left with a crisis as Julien took a knock and we are either faced with playing a kid or the option of adopting a new shape to counter the inadequices.
My argument in your office arrangement is you are claiming your CV does state man for the job with the skills whereas Duffys might state not a ball player or comfortable when played in that role, however has the attributes Julien lacks in hardness and winner of the ball in crunching tackles.
Very good points Boab, you are quite right. Though I would say whether Bobby Moore or big John Hughes, both CV's would say they knew when to put the ball in the stand. Poin take we are certainly asking him to do things he's never had a rep for that's for sure. (y)

Drop Duffy for the next game and Mibbies even the cup Semifinal agin the sheep put Bitton and Elhamed if fit with Ajer. With Duffy on the Bench both are no nonsense players that very rarely let the Team Down
Bain
Frimpong Elhamed Bitton Odin Laxalt
Rogic CalMac Corpus
Eddy
Griffiths

Solid flowing team especially agin the 🐑
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

Drop Duffy for the next game and Mibbies even the cup Semifinal agin the sheep put Bitton and Elhamed if fit with Ajer. With Duffy on the Bench both are no nonsense players that very rarely let the Team Down
Bain
Frimpong Elhamed Bitton Odin Laxalt
Rogic CalMac Corpus
Eddy
Griffiths

Solid flowing team especially agin the 🐑
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀
El Hammed is oot not fully recovered yet.

Here it is :

Add bookmark
Fuck the huns
Like Reply Report

HH
HH

Neil Lennon’s Siege Mentality, Steven Gerrard and what constitutes a crisis in Scottish football...excellent article by Niall J, please read...

Neil Lennon’s Siege Mentality, Steven Gerrard and what constitutes a crisis in Scottish football...

We've been discussing it on here for weeks. Yes, the media have ramped it up, but let's not pretend that no Celtic fans have been involved.
Lets not even try to pretend the support haven't the right to say we have been shite, the tactics have been shambolicat times and the team selections wrong too often. Do we just sit after the cowardly display against Sevco and just brush it off, that's 3 games in a row Slippy has handed Lennon his arse tactics wise. The simple solution is for Lenny and the team to step up and stop giving anyone, us included, the reasons to criticise. Lets be clear, we are were we are because we have failed to start the season. We got out of jail with a couple of late goals, in an overall terrible performances, that without those goals we would be 10 points behind. Thats abysmal and if he thinks he will get a bye he's kidding himself on. He has got it in the neck because he's deserved it. Only he can fix it and he can start tonight.

Back