Neil Lennon is gonna break our hearts

Lenny seems keen on the last few lads that have been signed.
More positive than the last few?
Don't think any of them were fit or done the business in training.
Kilmala seems to do it on the park. The snowman is fit now.
Wasn't before. Eddie is a bit fucked after forced to play in France.
Read and belive what you want to.
I think RC started because he was fit. That's it. The only one.
Brown as much as I've seen a drop I don't think is fit either and carrying a knock.
But playing when he needs a rest.
Lenny talks about resting him. No surprise to me.
I seen this slow start coming. We all did.
Fucked over by FF and duff departing. Players deciding they want a switch.
It's a different place from last season. In the celtic dressing room.

Ajeti ...Seems to be finding the net. Duffy wants to be here. Turnbull must be buzzing around in training.
Huns fucked it.
So we know the hype is just that.
I will make no excuses or condone our early window complacency. It's a spear in my side as long as I can remember.
Been that way for decades from past my time.
I remember in my short time every manger not signing the best players or making a move to improve.

Tell you this lads it's happened twice I've seen. Mibi three.
Tommy signed attacking players
O'Neill spent in today's money as big as you could
Des got pissed off and littered BR with more stinking bonuses than will ever make print till he signed a new deal.

It's all dough and timing.
Just my eye on it and what I've watched.

Nope. Nope. Nope.
Have to agree big micks days are past seen it with Ipswich his style of fitba, defence defend defence defend and long ba' break up the park, the supporters wouldnt have it. You see how irate the supporters got when brs side, as dominant as they were got to the 18yrd box and then went sideways and backwards and it did all our heads in. No one was complaining about results how could we, but the pass to death syndrome was not what we wanted to see ( I say we as I do believe that we the supporters want the cavalier swashbuckling approach, but it must be a winning approach) we had that for a while under br and it was a thing of beauty to to see. You can see it work better at leicester given they have better players to put it into practice, I wouldnt be just accepting that the attack looks after itself if mick was in charge. That can work for Ireland but not at an , on the front foot club like Celtic. Course that's just my opinion but it does and always has been my experience of supporting Celtic that we outscore sides and have always lost goals whether under lenny MON ronny tommy and even back further than that how many times have we gone out of Europe on the away goals rule? Its endemic in the club part of our culture dare I say even. Partisan Belgrade comes to mind right away, cluj at CP beer sheeva even the recent ferencvaros game we totally outplayed them , two shots 2 goals were out. Even now big Duffy is susceptible to balls over the top, but it was the same when kt was here. Itll stay the same until we return to bringing in quality defenders like reiper, mjallby, bobo, aitken , van dijk, ready to go right away not projects that will come good , ajer gets found out a lot , too much for my liking but hes originally a midfielder and bitton as well. It's not all gloom though I think that we will have a settled back line though when is anyones guess. That's what I mean by it's in our nature or culture that we have the better attackers and wingers first and defence has always came second. Hopefully it will not be too long before we strike the right balance. We play clubs in Europe and Scotland who are terrified of our attacking qualities but not so our defence any club knows we are suss in that department but we still outscore the opposition and win , its the true Celtic way , entertainment for our supporters. Perhaps we should have a dedicated defensive staff like we do with goalkeeping. If anything its encouraging the powers that be at CP are apparently looking at this side of our game. There was a time the first 15 minutes versus Celtic was like facing a tornado now in Europe how often are we a goal behind before 15 minutes have passed? It has to change and be properly addressed and since my glass is half full I think it will be. ☘

Have to agree big micks days are past seen it with Ipswich his style of fitba, defence defend defence defend and long ba' break up the park, the supporters wouldnt have it. You see how irate the supporters got when brs side, as dominant as they were got to the 18yrd box and then went sideways and backwards and it did all our heads in. No one was complaining about results how could we, but the pass to death syndrome was not what we wanted to see ( I say we as I do believe that we the supporters want the cavalier swashbuckling approach, but it must be a winning approach) we had that for a while under br and it was a thing of beauty to to see. You can see it work better at leicester given they have better players to put it into practice, I wouldnt be just accepting that the attack looks after itself if mick was in charge. That can work for Ireland but not at an , on the front foot club like Celtic. Course that's just my opinion but it does and always has been my experience of supporting Celtic that we outscore sides and have always lost goals whether under lenny MON ronny tommy and even back further than that how many times have we gone out of Europe on the away goals rule? Its endemic in the club part of our culture dare I say even. Partisan Belgrade comes to mind right away, cluj at CP beer sheeva even the recent ferencvaros game we totally outplayed them , two shots 2 goals were out. Even now big Duffy is susceptible to balls over the top, but it was the same when kt was here. Itll stay the same until we return to bringing in quality defenders like reiper, mjallby, bobo, aitken , van dijk, ready to go right away not projects that will come good , ajer gets found out a lot , too much for my liking but hes originally a midfielder and bitton as well. It's not all gloom though I think that we will have a settled back line though when is anyones guess. That's what I mean by it's in our nature or culture that we have the better attackers and wingers first and defence has always came second. Hopefully it will not be too long before we strike the right balance. We play clubs in Europe and Scotland who are terrified of our attacking qualities but not so our defence any club knows we are suss in that department but we still outscore the opposition and win , its the true Celtic way , entertainment for our supporters. Perhaps we should have a dedicated defensive staff like we do with goalkeeping. If anything its encouraging the powers that be at CP are apparently looking at this side of our game. There was a time the first 15 minutes versus Celtic was like facing a tornado now in Europe how often are we a goal behind before 15 minutes have passed? It has to change and be properly addressed and since my glass is half full I think it will be. ☘
Agree with the defensive coaching staff, 100%! Been saying that ad nauseum for time! Nae idea why we don't. American fitbaw has it right, coaches for every position.
Aye, we all want the late, great Tommy Burns' style of fitbaw. A style that would've won us trophies, had we been on a level playing field, as opposed to trying to compete with a corrupt and cheating rival, coupled with a corrupt board of our own! O'Neil's teams were a joy to watch aswell, but the Burns ethos was fantastic. πŸ™ŒπŸ€

I don't necessarily want Lennon to go, but I do want him to use our squad, especially when so many are not at full pelt. Taylor, Forrest, Brown, Hamed in my opinion need a rest. I too was completely fucked off yesterday when he brought on Forrest, who went on to do fuck all. Turnbull and Soro need a start, Luca for me is a much better option than Taylor, who I cannot believe he keeps playing. Now, if we re going to bring in a real LB that's great, but, all I hear is another punt young guy for Β£700k and we're fucking haggling over that. So the player we want to replace KT is a young guy who isn't a natural LB and who we don't think is worth Β£800k?

Lenny has tactical limitations, two years in a row he has fucked us up in the CL by playing mental formations. Not being prepared for these games is also his fault. We dither like fuck, then have players not fit enough to play? Thats utterly pathetic and the worst thing is it happens every fucking year. Not a good sign of someone who knows what need to be done then does it. My fear is also that he hasn't a fucking clue what hs best team is. I think we need Griif back too. His partnership with Eddy is dynamite and I think our luck of penetration is a lot to do with that. Brown cannot or should not play every game and forMe Young Sorocouldfit in, Turnbull will take over from Ntcham when he goe, but I think he should join now and t least put a bomb up the arse of those layers who would be benched.

Defensively we still look weak. With Luca and Frimpong in with a back three of Ajer Julien and Duffy it will settle. or the new LB if Laweel finds another tenner down the back of his sofa. I want Lenny to lead us to the 10.But I won't sacrifice it for him. He needs to use the squad, story playing hs favourites unless they deserve to be in and blood the new players.

Ona brighter note, they bastards just dropped two points.
(y)⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
NFL is D man 4 10, but as u say
Lenny has tactical limitations,
& wiv no cred backup team alongside him now, as JK & WGS jr r NOT & r not NFL's pix.
Best signing wud b a top former top player (like Duff or Dolph were) as assistant Coach, & a LB as Taylor is a limited 4-4-2 Sub at best for Celtic.
& Squad is good 2 go .

(y)⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
NFL is D man 4 10, but as u say

& wiv no cred backup team alongside him now, as JK & WGS jr r NOT & r not NFL's pix.
Best signing wud b a top former top player (like Duff or Dolph were) as assistant Coach, & a LB as Taylor is a limited 4-4-2 Sub at best for Celtic.
& Squad is good 2 go .
It's a bit early to pass judgement on Strachan jnr for me granted I know little of him and also granted is how effective he will be but I dont blame Duff for answering his country's call nor FF as he owes us nothing. Mjallby has made it clear that he wants to be his own man I'd love nothing more than the return of Alan Thompson to the fold but that would require lenny offering an olive branch however there is one other who could come in and i think that he would be for the position of defensivev taskmaster who has been overlooked and that man is Jackie McNamara notvavyes man. Thoughts folks?

It's a bit early to pass judgement on Strachan jnr for me granted I know little of him and also granted is how effective he will be but I dont blame Duff for answering his country's call nor FF as he owes us nothing. Mjallby has made it clear that he wants to be his own man I'd love nothing more than the return of Alan Thompson to the fold but that would require lenny offering an olive branch however there is one other who could come in and i think that he would be for the position of defensivev taskmaster who has been overlooked and that man is Jackie McNamara notvavyes man. Thoughts folks?
Great shout, Winter, but I think he'd need a bit of time to recover from his recent health issues.

Don't think the stress would be conducive to his recuperation.

Early on in his managerial career I thought Jackie Mac might be a suitable future manager for us. Then I have a recollection of him being a bit of an arse mouthing off against Celtic when he was manager at Dundee Utd and most people at that point agreed that he would never join us after that (sorry, I can't remember the details). As SP says, his current health issues probably rule him out from a return to football management at our level (even as an assistant). I hope he is getting better and can return to full health.

People are completely missing the points being made by the "people who dare to criticise" brigade. Speaking for myself, I don't want lennon sacked. I want him to get a fucking grip. His team selection has being confusing, his in play tactics have been confusing, his use of subs has been poor, his reason for resting players and not playing players doesn't make sense. Eddy gets a rest but broony, while dying on his feet and being a yard of pace, plays 90 minutes. Im all for getting behind the team. I always have and always will, even when I have a moan. But if we continue to play like this then we will drop points. I dont want this season to be about "aye but we will drop less points than them"....we are good enough to blow away every team in Scotland if we play how we all know we can. Its up to lenny to get us doing that and at the moment he isnt doing his job properly. IMO. When we win the 10, which im sure we will, I will NOT bow my head in shame for criticising lenny. Ill hold my hands up and say "fair enough, he done his job and got us playing"....and as for all the sentimental shit about what he's given to the club. Lennon knows how brutal football is. You are only as good as your last result. He will always be a legend and all the great things he's achieved will always be celebrated by the fans. But he will know that this won't give him a free pass. He still needs to do his job and at Celtic, unless you are winning and winning well, you will always be under scrutiny from the fans.

Mjalby + Delia

would be a good management team would also bring back Duff

Caveat

I've never been bored out my skull enough to play football manager

But if i did ,,,,,,,,,all you other losers would be miles behind me

🀫 up the free folk

People are completely missing the points being made by the "people who dare to criticise" brigade. Speaking for myself, I don't want lennon sacked. I want him to get a fucking grip. His team selection has being confusing, his in play tactics have been confusing, his use of subs has been poor, his reason for resting players and not playing players doesn't make sense. Eddy gets a rest but broony, while dying on his feet and being a yard of pace, plays 90 minutes. Im all for getting behind the team. I always have and always will, even when I have a moan. But if we continue to play like this then we will drop points. I dont want this season to be about "aye but we will drop less points than them"....we are good enough to blow away every team in Scotland if we play how we all know we can. Its up to lenny to get us doing that and at the moment he isnt doing his job properly. IMO. When we win the 10, which im sure we will, I will NOT bow my head in shame for criticising lenny. Ill hold my hands up and say "fair enough, he done his job and got us playing"....and as for all the sentimental shit about what he's given to the club. Lennon knows how brutal football is. You are only as good as your last result. He will always be a legend and all the great things he's achieved will always be celebrated by the fans. But he will know that this won't give him a free pass. He still needs to do his job and at Celtic, unless you are winning and winning well, you will always be under scrutiny from the fans.
πŸ™„ Boax withdrawel 😷

Members online

No members online now.

Back