Neil Lennon Something Inside So Strong Hail Hail !!

Not convinced that NL is the man to do this . He stepped in to help us when that ''lifelong supporter'' buggered off to Leicester and I thank him for that , but don't let's get carried away with the result today .
A club with real ambition would be scouring the world for a manager to take us to another level .
NL , I think , would simply have us standing still .

HH
I understand what your saying WFB and I was thinking along the same lines, but when I read the names being bandied about, Benitez Martinez, AVB etc I thought how will these guys react to the job? I mean if anyone understands what it means to be Celtic Manager its Lenny. HE knows how much it means to US and THEM to win 9iar and The Ten. He's matured, he's not arsed about a wee huff like when Slippy wouldn't look him in the eye as he was shaking his hand. He's had all that with McCoist an his sneaky whispers. In short, he loves us, some might think a more detached, clinical thinking manager is what we need, i nearly did, but Lenny is us, and we are him, give him the job. he wont walk out on us like Frodgers, Hail Hail.

I am so torn on this one. Lenny is a Celtic man and would give everything for us and 10 in a row. That is a great plus factor but it cannot disguise what I see as an average managerial/coaching career. I loved the football that we played in our first season with the snake and really thought we would progress from there. We have not and the board must take some responsibility for that as well as br. The financial figures have been well laid out and I don't think the board are going to push the boat out just yet so my guess is that they will stick with Lenny on a yearly rolling contract and operate on our same budget. I do think though that it may be a bit like this year, in that if it is tight in the league come Xmas, money will be found to bolster the squad and pull away. This is a risky strategy in itself but it is the one I believe the board will adopt and will continue with until other revenue streams are available. I may have said it before but it is in our youth we need to invest and a youth development system is where I would risk any big bucks. You never know we might create a new team of lions or at least have a regular supply of quality street. HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back