Neil Lennon v Roberto Martinez

Winter

I never believed for a second the Marco rose for Celtic story. He loves the club , what it stands for and all the rest but that's it. Martinez however looks like it may actually be a goer of a story. Should he get the job it would in no two ways about it show ambition from the board, such a high profile name. Neil Lennon on the other hand has been there got the t-shirt etc and is a very safe pair of hands, especially given whats approaching for Celtic in the coming seasons. If Martinez genuinely does want the gig at parkhead can the Celtic board afford not to sign such a high profile worldwide name in football? Also in Lennon we know what we're getting a man who bleeds green and white, knows the pressures and the game. So question, Martinez and Lennon want the job. What do we think the Celtic board should Do? Appoint Martinez with the stature he brings and the players he could also bring, or appoint Lennon, a man whose seen it done it all before and has the credentials as well? What do yous think? If its true about Martinez who should get the job?

Tbf on Martinez I dont think he was given proper time at Everton but won't here either should a bad start occur. He did however work some great stuff at Wigan yes they were relegated but 2 fa cup finals in 2/3 seasons and that wc run which many say anyone could do with that Belgium side but fact is they didn't and he did. My concern here is that should we kb Martinez if he really wants it, will it have an adverse effect on future appointments ?

A doubt it mate there will always be a big name interested in managing our club.Thing is with Martinez will he do a Brendan and fuck off down south the first chance he gets?.Lenny knows the club and what it means to the fans and so will Clarke so either of them for me.HH

Last edited by a moderator:
Not happy with either TBH.
My shout is still Benitez, give him a two year £10m deal, 3 for each season and 4 for the 10.
Bring Kennedy through for season after that if he doesn't want to stay.
HH

Lennys team selections so far don't inspire much confidence ,it will be interesting to see his next team selection

It will be very interesting indeed to see the selection vs 2012 also as much as I love lenny he did also say he'd taken us as far as he could albeit under very different circumstances HH

Not happy with either TBH.
My shout is still Benitez, give him a two year £10m deal, 3 for each season and 4 for the 10.
Bring Kennedy through for season after that if he doesn't want to stay.
HH
Benitez? That's the 1st ive heard his name connected. I think it would take a fortune to get him from Newcastle and then dealing with Ashley? It's a non starter for me but Kennedy is definately a future Celtic manager of that I've no doubts HH

Winter
Benitez is out of contract the end of this season. No compensation due. We could be doing a deal with his agent now, much in the same way the blessed Brendan ?did to us. You don't do a deal in 12 hours
HH

If the choice was Lennon or Martinez, them it's Lennon for me. On the other hand if I had a choice of someone else, then I would like to see Eddie Howe from Bournemouth get the job. As for John Kennedy, he's far too big a risk. He needs to go away and get experience and prove he's good enough to manage Celtic.

If the choice was Lennon or Martinez, them it's Lennon for me. On the other hand if I had a choice of someone else, then I would like to see Eddie Howe from Bournemouth get the job. As for John Kennedy, he's far too big a risk. He needs to go away and get experience and prove he's good enough to manage Celtic.
Mentioned Howe on here last week good shout ?

Members online

Latest posts

Back