Neil Lennon v Roberto Martinez

That sounds a bit too much like an experiment to me and we have tried that kind of experiment before with John Barnes and Liam Brady which were less than successful.
I know he hasn't been hugely successful at management but what if the King of Kings came back to Paradise? I used to think he would but that's my heart ruling my head. ❤
aye ta ta to that idea
we'll get Mark Mcgee and you'll all just have to like it

I know he hasn't been hugely successful at management but what if the King of Kings came back to Paradise? I used to think he would but that's my heart ruling my head. ❤

Even when Henrik was still playing at parkhead, his latter days, he was mentioned as a possible future Celtic manager but I could never see it. Always a humble and mellow person didn't strike me as a leader except in leading by example on the field which he did as captain. We can see the same thing with scholes whose quit quickstyle realising hes not a manager. A leader on the field off It, is a different story

Have to admit that Clarke would be a good fit at Celtic but after the sectarian shitstorm I think he'll end up going down south again.
He always puts out a spirited side and has had Killie punching above their weight all season. Someone who can drive a team like that would be bound to succeed with the infrastructure we have built at Celtic.

Have to admit that Clarke would be a good fit at Celtic but after the sectarian shitstorm I think he'll end up going down south again.
He always puts out a spirited side and has had Killie punching above their weight all season. Someone who can drive a team like that would be bound to succeed with the infrastructure we have built at Celtic.
Spot on pal?think he would do great for us

Nice to see the Celts Are Here site is today discussing Rafa Benitez for manager.
Remember where you saw it first!!! ?
HH
That would be quite something. When the shit first hit the fan with BR and the board didn't back him in the window and we lost dembele as it closed. I can remember seeing Benitez almost in tears at the lack of backing he was getting. Newcastle had just been thumped rotten by a lower French or Spanish side in a pre season friendly, and he was every bit as unhappy as BR with the lack of funding. It's why I can't see it, even less backing at Celtic. Celtic PR, would love it to be true. It's coming from the fact his contracts up soon and he hasn't committed I think. He's done a really good job bringing Newcastle up and leading them to 10th last season. He really would be high profile , i think hes got another top job or 2 at the top level but never know HH

That would be quite something. When the shit first hit the fan with BR and the board didn't back him in the window and we lost dembele as it closed. I can remember seeing Benitez almost in tears at the lack of backing he was getting. Newcastle had just been thumped rotten by a lower French or Spanish side in a pre season friendly, and he was every bit as unhappy as BR with the lack of funding. It's why I can't see it, even less backing at Celtic. Celtic PR, would love it to be true. It's coming from the fact his contracts up soon and he hasn't committed I think. He's done a really good job bringing Newcastle up and leading them to 10th last season. He really would be high profile , i think hes got another top job or 2 at the top level but never know HH
I think your reading of the Rodgers situation is totally different than mine and a lot of my Celtic friends. Rodgers knew and spoke about it from day one, that he had a lack of funds, and he accepted that. Rodgers USED Celtic to get back in the shop window after being roaded from Liverpool.
He tried to angle a big money move last year to China of all places (hardly driven by ambition) and promised to take dembele with him. He managed to get himself a pay rise off the back of it, even though the move fell through. That's why dembele was calling him a hypocrite. Rodgers is a fuckin parasite.
As for Benitez, I'm not so sure. Would you be better with a young up and coming manager, or one looking for a final payday? Or maybe better the devil you know! NFL.

I think your reading of the Rodgers situation is totally different than mine and a lot of my Celtic friends. Rodgers knew and spoke about it from day one, that he had a lack of funds, and he accepted that. Rodgers USED Celtic to get back in the shop window after being roaded from Liverpool.
He tried to angle a big money move last year to China of all places (hardly driven by ambition) and promised to take dembele with him. He managed to get himself a pay rise off the back of it, even though the move fell through. That's why dembele was calling him a hypocrite. Rodgers is a fuckin parasite.
As for Benitez, I'm not so sure. Would you be better with a young up and coming manager, or one looking for a final payday? Or maybe better the devil you know! NFL.

i don't see Rafa coming to Scotland , he will go to either italy or spain , Scotland offers nothing to him , money? he's loaded

Last word on BR no club in their right mind would back him , while in the knowledge that he was getting ready for the off
Seems quit a lot of folk knew in the sporting world what he was up to , the board failing to chuck money at signings proves to me that they knew also ,,,,,he was playing the cnt

However you read into the many different aspects of BR coming and going from Celtic (Always a stepping stone of course) for Benitez to really be in the frame for Celtic is too leftfield to me. It wouldn't be as a stepping stone club for a start it would be a project of his, how far can he take us in europe etc. Still , in saying that it was pretty leftfield also even when he took the Newcastle job I thought so you never know.

However you read into the many different aspects of BR coming and going from Celtic (Always a stepping stone of course) for Benitez to really be in the frame for Celtic is too leftfield to me. It wouldn't be as a stepping stone club for a start it would be a project of his, how far can he take us in europe etc. Still , in saying that it was pretty leftfield also even when he took the Newcastle job I thought so you never know.
I wouldn't look at Benitez using Celtic as a stepping stone. It would be more like a retirement check. That's why I would like to either stick with Lennon or go for a young ambitious manager with a bit of success behind him. Easier said than done, I know!

Not happy with either TBH.
My shout is still Benitez, give him a two year £10m deal, 3 for each season and 4 for the 10.
Bring Kennedy through for season after that if he doesn't want to stay.
HH

I raised this yesterday and today 3 different blogs have now added fuel to the fire.
Wee name check would have been nice bhoys?
HH

Spot on TD, Rodgers is a gobshite, he knew right from the start that we can't raise enough funds to go on a spending spree on a premier league scale, he knew the restraints well beforehand, when Celtic first made a move to get him I bet he was told upfront what would be available, he took the job for 1 reason only and that was to get back in the saddle and put himself in the shop window, if he'd been honest about it he may not have ruined his reputation with the fans. Sleekit if you ask me.

Latest posts

Back