Neil Lennon

And again, guys like soro and turnbull aren't getting a chance to prove themselves due to Lennons refusal to change things up and see the errors he is making.
Aye ano mate for some reason lenny buys players n not give them chances I've not seen enough of soro by all accounts hes full of energy but turnbull we know wit he can bring to a game but hes not had look in when we have been playing pish for wee while we awe knew the middle needed freshened up why did coaching staff not act and try n rejuvinate everybody we've all been waiting on celtic hitting top gear but it's no happened and we have waited long enough to see if current players can change things we need to introduce other players now into team get some fight back didnae think I wid ever say that about celtic we better get our act together pronto don't care how just fucking do it celtic sorry for the rant troops youl be glad my rants over HAIL HAIL

Last edited:
We definitely need the team to be freshened up. Forget about playing Brown Ntcham and McGregor together. I would drop Ntcham. Give Turnbull and Soro a chance. I saw a picture of Soro and I honestly didn’t know who he was. Get back to playing fast football. Enjoyable to watch. This tippy tappy stuff from the back is boring. Get Griffiths in. I’m beginning to think it’s not injuries etc with Juillen and Edouard.

We definitely need the team to be freshened up. Forget about playing Brown Ntcham and McGregor together. I would drop Ntcham. Give Turnbull and Soro a chance. I saw a picture of Soro and I honestly didn’t know who he was. Get back to playing fast football. Enjoyable to watch. This tippy tappy stuff from the back is boring. Get Griffiths in. I’m beginning to think it’s not injuries etc with Juillen and Edouard.
It has also been crossing my mind about these injuries also

Neil Lennon today - "I'm passed the stage in my career where criticising players publicly works"

Also Neil Lennon - "The players need to buckle up. They've been OK but some of their attitudes need to be better. I'm just detecting a bit of malaise sometimes among them and they're not as good as what they think they are"

Neil Lennon today - "I'm passed the stage in my career where criticising players publicly works"

Also Neil Lennon - "The players need to buckle up. They've been OK but some of their attitudes need to be better. I'm just detecting a bit of malaise sometimes among them and they're not as good as what they think they are"
Did he really say that Fader cause they are the sort of comments of a man looking at the exit door imo

Did he really say that Fader cause they are the sort of comments of a man looking at the exit door imo
As quoted by Sky Sports, John.

To be fair to him though, the second quote came after the Ferencvaros game (the 1st quote from today) So maybe he's learned from then, or maybe he has a very short memory. I'm hoping it's the former.

Edit: I'm not disagreeing with what he said - if true about the players - but it should have been dealt with behind closed doors. If certain players don't want to be here, fine. But it's his job to sort it out with them personally.

Not as good as they think they are.
You could also say that about the manager.

Players not as good as they think they are........I think if I was playing for Celtic and just done the treble treble 9iar etc etc.....I wid be thinkin a was the best out there....And rightly so.....Let's face it....because we can noo see the huns comin.....there's a wee bit of a panic settin in....And yes they are comin and yes they have got the beatin of us....and yes we are playin utter pish at the moment....But....all that can change after one or two games.....I seen glimpses of the true Celtic against Milan.....We keep that up against Eberdeen tomorrow and we are on the road to recovery....back to winnin ways.....back tae bein happy.....And I think we will get it together sooner rather than later.....Once we get on that run of winning again.....Then we will beat the huns and win the 10.....

"We are making too much of one result and one performance,"

It's not just the one result, Neil. That was the culmination of a run of poor performances and scraped results leading up to that horrendous shit show.

"We will come back stronger than ever. We are looking forward to the challenges which lie ahead, we are not panicking, we are staying calm, and we have great belief in the players"

I really hope so, and hope you do have belief in the players, because that wasn't the case a few weeks ago.

"I think we have every right to believe in them because of what they've done and can do. What have they won? 11 trophies in a row. It's not bad. And I think the criticism at times is overbalanced against them"

You criticised them, Neil. That would hurt the players more than any criticism from the fans.

"I'm passed the stage in my career where criticising players publicly works, I don't think you get the right response, and I don't think they deserve it. I think they'll come again and be stronger than ever."

Again, Neil. YOU criticised them.

He's acting as if his post match interview after getting dumped out of the CL never happened and we're bang out of order for demanding more from the players when they play below par far too often.

Not using this as an excuse because the results of late have been dire, but the thought just occurred to me this morning after Lennys latest presser. If this is the improvement that DD was hoping for when he brought in a Psychiatrist (witch doctor).... he must rue his comments and employment of this ridiculous nonsense. The results since the witch doctor came in have been awful. Not saying he is to blame but it does not seem to have improved the attitude of the team. In fact, it would seem to have had the opposite effect

Our midfield has been very poor lately and Broonie is no longer the warrior of days gone by. Enough has alrady been said about Ntcham , but it is Calmac who is the real worry. He looks absolutely knackered since before the last international break. Maybe he has had too much to do in midfield...The last Scotland game he looked like he could not raise the energy levels needed to be Calmac and he has been the same in the Rangers game and again looking less effective against Milan

Last edited:
Our midfield has been very poor lately and Broonie is no longer the warrior of days gone by. Enough has alrady been said about Ntcham , but it is Calmac who is the real worry. He looks absolutely knackered since before the last international break. The last Scotland game he looked like he could not raise the energy levels needed to be Calmac and he has been the same in the Rangers game and adain looking less effective against Milan
Time for Turnbull to step in. Rest players when you have Rogic soro available. But will Lenny do it is against sheep. Damned 8f he does damned if he doesn't. Change and lose the game, or stick to tried and his trusted players. Blinkers have to come off now we must get back to the for that will win the ten.

Members online

Latest posts

Back