Neil Lennon

We played against the scum the exact same way we have played all season. They defended slightly better, not much, slightly. And slightly better was enough to stifle our "tactics" what ever the fuck they were. If lennon was to pop on here and read most of the match threads from the games this season he would see the exact same complaints. If us armchair jock steins can see it then surely his coaches and he can see it. But he's carried on with the same game plan. It won't change. He's to stubborn to admit he's wrong. Proven by the fact that the same team walked out the tunnel after the 1st 45 minutes when every celtic fan and his dog could see it wasnt working. Even my hun mate texted me to tell me they were all buzzing when they saw lenny hadn't changed things....and if their fans could see it imagine how happy their playere felt at the beginning of the 2nd half.

If this was the case with all our best players then yes I would agree but on Saturday Neil's hands were tied behind his back with what had happened in the previous days, 4 players out due to covid, not injuries you just can't contemplate for this, it's unpresidented in football but it you just can't deal with something as crazy as this

If this was the case with all our best players then yes I would agree but on Saturday Neil's hands were tied behind his back with what had happened in the previous days, 4 players out due to covid, not injuries you just can't contemplate for this, it's unpresidented in football but it you just can't deal with something as crazy as this
But that doesn't explain the pathetic couldn't-care-less lethargy or lack of drive or tactics. The players we were able to field were still mainly international players or else highly rated youngsters who should have been desperately trying to grab their opportunity with both hands.

Neil Lennon should do the right thing and resign by admitting he has lost his ability to motivate the players. Has no tacticle knowledge to change the way the game can be played.
No fucking chance, we are one game away from one point behind and then we exert pressure, this mob have never won fuck all and they will have to raise their levels and expectations, aint going to happen we stand as one, one game does not win a title.

No fucking chance, we are one game away from one point behind and then we exert pressure, this mob have never won fuck all and they will have to raise their levels and expectations, aint going to happen we stand as one, one game does not win a title.
I think the point most people seem to be making is the lack of the "stand as one" that was coming from the playing field and dug out and whether lenny is the solution has now become the follow up to that question.

Have a wee think back McGarrell to the St Mirren game when French Eddy declared himself unfit to play but then goes away with the French u21,s and plays twice. Returns from International duty and declares himself unfit again,Lenny is left to tell us all Eddy has a problem with his thigh,is this the same problem we were told was the reason he could not play against St Mirren,,Nir bitton is taken of after about 10 minutes against St Johnstone I think and Lenny tells everybody,,it looks a bad one he could be out for a couple of weeks,,Bitton show,s the world the respect he has for Lenny just the same as Eddy did by playing for his country the following Thursday after Lenny telling the Isreali coach Bitton is not fit to play..Bittons answer when asked about his injury was...I was never going to miss that game...I have blocked Neil Lennon on my phone..
the more cynical of us would now question Bitton being as badly injured as first thought in fact he obviously was,nt..
It all boils down to respect McGarrell and clearly Lenny has lost some of the players respect..

HH.

Best chances in the game fell to Celtic in my opinion, we created one mistake and a fluke in their goals, but Ely missed the glaring chance and Griff runs them ragged with minutes to go but unfortunaetly too far, thats their defence in a nutshell, the two goal hero was all over the shop with Ely chance.
I am very optimistic and really confident this is still our season, quality in abundance, but cunts not wanting to impose themselves yesterday.

Not buying it. The team that started, Edouard and bitton apart, would have been pretty much the team that started anyway. Lenny would have played ntcham brown and mcgregor I have no doubt. Eli would have started. Laxalt and frimpong would have started. Not one player looked motivated for the match. Lenny did nothing to fire them up.

Have a wee think back McGarrell to the St Mirren game when French Eddy declared himself unfit to play but then goes away with the French u21,s and plays twice. Returns from International duty and declares himself unfit again,Lenny is left to tell us all Eddy has a problem with his thigh,is this the same problem we were told was the reason he could not play against St Mirren,,Nir bitton is taken of after about 10 minutes against St Johnstone I think and Lenny tells everybody,,it looks a bad one he could be out for a couple of weeks,,Bitton show,s the world the respect he has for Lenny just the same as Eddy did by playing for his country the following Thursday after Lenny telling the Isreali coach Bitton is not fit to play..Bittons answer when asked about his injury was...I was never going to miss that game...I have blocked Neil Lennon on my phone..
the more cynical of us would now question Bitton being as badly injured as first thought in fact he obviously was,nt..
It all boils down to respect McGarrell and clearly Lenny has lost some of the players respect..

HH.
Then they should never play again and you go with the new guys who have arrived, easy to sort out trumpets who think they are bigger than a club and can take a wage. January sale looking forward to it if thats the case, and save them the hassle tell them in advance you can fuck off in Januray mate phone your agent.

Not buying it. The team that started, Edouard and bitton apart, would have been pretty much the team that started anyway. Lenny would have played ntcham brown and mcgregor I have no doubt. Eli would have started. Laxalt and frimpong would have started. Not one player looked motivated for the match. Lenny did nothing to fire them up.
Lubo if they need fired up for a game then they would be better off somewere else, we dont do firing up, the jersey fires you up and the hatred you listen to leading up to it.

Best chances in the game fell to Celtic in my opinion, we created one mistake and a fluke in their goals, but Ely missed the glaring chance and Griff runs them ragged with minutes to go but unfortunaetly too far, thats their defence in a nutshell, the two goal hero was all over the shop with Ely chance.
I am very optimistic and really confident this is still our season, quality in abundance, but cunts not wanting to impose themselves yesterday.

Then it comes back to lenny boab. Why aren't the team trying for him. Why is eli still getting a game. He's rank. Why not start griff or bring him on at half time. The defeat is worse because sevco didn't even have to try. Because we weren't trying. We have a squad of players that don't seem to give a feck about 10IAR and certainly don't respect the manager. They haven't been fired up all season. Do we sit and hope that the squad somehow gain a bit of respect for the manager or even worse, sit and hope that the arse falls out of sevcos challenge....again. Both are very shit positions to be in....

Lubo if they need fired up for a game then they would be better off somewere else, we dont do firing up, the jersey fires you up and the hatred you listen to leading up to it.

Totally agree boab. Lennon shouldn't have to get them fired up. Playing for celtic should be enough...but its not at the moment so that's when lenny should step in to remind him...but he isnt..or if he is they arent listening. And they arent being dropped. Brown plays. Eli plays. Ntcham plays. Brown is different of course. He is 100% but he needs a break. Ntcham can't be arsed. Eli is shite but they all play. All the time.

Then it comes back to lenny boab. Why aren't the team trying for him. Why is eli still getting a game. He's rank. Why not start griff or bring him on at half time. The defeat is worse because sevco didn't even have to try. Because we weren't trying. We have a squad of players that don't seem to give a feck about 10IAR and certainly don't respect the manager. They haven't been fired up all season. Do we sit and hope that the squad somehow gain a bit of respect for the manager or even worse, sit and hope that the arse falls out of sevcos challenge....again. Both are very shit positions to be in....
If you cannot get yourself up for a game and need to be fired up then whats the fucking point of pretending you are a player.
Every Saturday is football day as a player no need to have someone tell you how good you are, you have trained all week and harnassed your skills did drills now you should be bursting to score, win be the best, you need that shite when you are in primary learning the game and need to be told its alright to try things, you are good, you are better than him etc, FFS grown men who have championships we are talking about,

Totally agree boab. Lennon shouldn't have to get them fired up. Playing for celtic should be enough...but its not at the moment so that's when lenny should step in to remind him...but he isnt..or if he is they arent listening. And they arent being dropped. Brown plays. Eli plays. Ntcham plays. Brown is different of course. He is 100% but he needs a break. Ntcham can't be arsed. Eli is shite but they all play. All the time.
Lubo coaches should be doing that job.

I am not a Lenny fan boab and have never been a fan of his but I respect what you are saying in his defence,it would be great if the players he looks after every day had the same respect,,and again I think you are right it is only one point of difference if we win our game in hand,the worst scenario is we dont get 10 IAR but we need to remember we are 2 games away from another unbelievable acheivement in footballing history anywhere in the world.

HH.
Then they should never play again and you go with the new guys who have arrived, easy to sort out trumpets who think they are bigger than a club and can take a wage. January sale looking forward to it if thats the case, and save them the hassle tell them in advance you can fuck off in Januray mate phone your agent.

If you cannot get yourself up for a game and need to be fired up then whats the fucking point of pretending you are a player.
Every Saturday is football day as a player no need to have someone tell you how good you are, you have trained all week and harnassed your skills did drills now you should be bursting to score, win be the best, you need that shite when you are in primary learning the game and need to be told its alright to try things, you are good, you are better than him etc, FFS grown men who have championships we are talking about,

Its the same in every job boab. My old boss was an ex gas engineer. Laziest bastard ever. Didn't so anything to help us boys out. Got a promotion and became contract manager. We had no respect for him. When he came to site to tell us what to do we shrugged our shoulders and did our own thing. Wouldnt put the extra effort in. Im not saying lenny is a lazy bastard or like my old boss but what I mean is if the players dont respect him they will give a shrug of the shoulders and not really give a shit. Players now a days are in their own wee bubble. Its possible they arent thinking about the fans as they walk about the park not giving a shit....

He has already Lubo called time on Eddy for the A.C.Milan game,said he only arrived back on Friday so I dont expect him to be fit...nobody needs to crucify him he is doing alright by himself.

HH.

When Lenny was doing his outstanding caretaker's job continuing our success I expressed my reservations about him getting the job full-time due to his occassional tendency for strange team selections, bizarre tactics and poor in-game management. Once he was announced as our full-time manager then he got my full support and he proved me wrong as he seept us yet more success (though Lawwell was still grossly negligent if his boasts about not even considering anyone else are true).

Since lockdown though, he is resembling the Lenny that I was concerned about and the same one the sevconuts were celebrating. I hope he can refind his mojo very quickly and take us onto history. But there is little to show that he is able to turn things around. I'm not even sure he accepts he is in anyway responsible for the problems we are currrntly experiencing.

Back