New Celtic manager , who do we want?

Who do you want as the inevitable new manager?

• WGS

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Frank Lampard

• Rafa Benitez

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Steve Clarke

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • Martin O'Neil

• Other (please state)

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Martinez /Maloney

Votes: 12 21.4%

• Total voters

Winter

Every manager who is out of work as per is linked with the Celtic post. I'd like to ask who is the noise's preferred choice weve had Howe, Lampard, Benitez , WGS and now Clarke, Martinez and Maloney who do you want as the new manager?

Last edited:
I like Clark,I like his honesty,I think he could do for us the same as Rogers did.
A name always carries weight no matter what industry it is in,we cant deny the name, Brendan Rogers carried a lot of clout I believe the name Stevie Clark would have as big an affect on potential signings..I also believe a name can be a monkey on your back like we have now,I have no doubt if for instance Brendan Rogers had stil been the Celtic coach and had shown interest in Ben Davies,,Davies would have signed a pre season agreement at the very least way before Liverpool became interested,but all we had to offer was Neil Lennon not a name that excites potential signings.

HH.

Martinez /Maloney would be a major boost for us, problem is with the European championships coming up they would not be available in time to resurrect us this summer, Eddie How would be the obvious choice, organized, experienced, has been there in the EPL and could maybe see us as the pathway back into the EPL if successful, Rogers has shown the way to the forgotten but talented mangers who have to prove themselves before being again noticed as the top managers they still are/can be.

1st time in our history that I have no idea and I am 58 years in ...none of the aforementioned excite me like O'Neill did back then or indeed Brendan who led us to the 2nd 9 and a continuation of dominance. . When both these two guys were appointed we all felt excited. ..and knew what was coming ...there is no one I see at the moment who matches either in their era ...but listen we are talking about being up against Gerrard ..let's be clear a liverpool legend who never won a league title but did succeed on the European stage ...as a manager he has relied heavily on a coaching team and a Celtic team in demise otherwise he is inarticulate unimpressive with no particular management style and for sure will fail when he moves to England ... without the help of the Scottish authorities both in government and certainly in Football governance. So whilst we think it might take someone particularly special. ..I think not and just someone who understands the modern game (Sorry Neil not you) So we shouldnt worry to much ...bit of a cop out on who should be the next manager but just being honest .

Members online

Back