New European format. Should Celtic increase Capacity?

Proposal in for new toilet facilities reserved for OFFC fans

pig-iron-stalls-old-dirty-116480324.jpg

Sevco have installed a new entertainment in their stadium

I think if they were going to increase the capacity, they will also have to severely improve the inside of the stadium. Go to a big stadium in North America and by comparison our stadium is amateurish, not just our but all the stadiums I've been to in the uk.
The Americans & Canadians have it sorted
The lack of glitz behind the scenes at paradise is because it was built at a time we were skint so it was breezeblock
But I think wee Fergus used the budget well to make sure the actual arena was world class.
This coupled with a lack of space means you really are limited to what you can do. The site it is on is the spiritual home and it’s not ideal to have it next to a graveyard.
They’ve done their best in the surrounding areas since.
Building the north stand and leaving the main stand in tact meant space was limited.
But I think if they were to demolish the main stand and start again, you’d find they would likely use up half the room between the current entrance and London road.
They’ve been saving money up for a few years. Before covid they generally had 30 million in bank and the recent accounts show they have that again.
I’m hoping it’s not for the ongoing issue we don’t like to speak about and it’s for a project such as main stand or the hotel/banqueting project

The lack of glitz behind the scenes at paradise is because it was built at a time we were skint so it was breezeblock
But I think wee Fergus used the budget well to make sure the actual arena was world class.
This coupled with a lack of space means you really are limited to what you can do. The site it is on is the spiritual home and it’s not ideal to have it next to a graveyard.
They’ve done their best in the surrounding areas since.
Building the north stand and leaving the main stand in tact meant space was limited.
But I think if they were to demolish the main stand and start again, you’d find they would likely use up half the room between the current entrance and London road.
They’ve been saving money up for a few years. Before covid they generally had 30 million in bank and the recent accounts show they have that again.
I’m hoping it’s not for the ongoing issue we don’t like to speak about and it’s for a project such as main stand or the hotel/banqueting project
Compared to most UK stadiums there is a huge amount of space between the current main stand and the main road, so plenty space to enlarge this stand. I can't see how a 1980s facing would be listed but if it was I'm sure we could dismantle and rebuild it to incorporate it into a new stadium.

The changing rooms need enlarging and modernising, make the entrance nicer and improve the seating to make our stadium fit for hosting major European finals. Improve the facilities too so fans want to go there early and spend their money there on quality food and a pleasant drinking experience and family entertainment will increase revenue too.

Compared to most UK stadiums there is a huge amount of space between the current main stand and the main road, so plenty space to enlarge this stand. I can't see how a 1980s facing would be listed but if it was I'm sure we could dismantle and rebuild it to incorporate it into a new stadium.

The changing rooms need enlarging and modernising, make the entrance nicer and improve the seating to make our stadium fit for hosting major European finals. Improve the facilities too so fans want to go there early and spend their money there on quality food and a pleasant drinking experience and family entertainment will increase revenue too.
I agree m8
My memory’s a bit hazy as it was 10 years ago I did the tour
Somethings protected in the main stand and I’m sure it was the brick but may be wrong
Feel an email to Celtic coming on 🤔

I've gone on the ST waiting list twice and was in the 2000s each time. If the capacity could be increased by 5,000 for example I think it's reasonable to expect at least 80% would be snapped up as STs right away and given the demand for tickets that might be an overly-cautious estimate.

I agree m8
My memory’s a bit hazy as it was 10 years ago I did the tour
Somethings protected in the main stand and I’m sure it was the brick but may be wrong
Feel an email to Celtic coming on 🤔
I just did the tour last month and it is brilliant. But compared to other tours like Real Madrid & Barca, our main stand needs updating. Probably most on here it is the stand we probably use least so don't appreciate how tired & old fashioned it is.

I just did the tour last month and it is brilliant. But compared to other tours like Real Madrid & Barca, our main stand needs updating. Probably most on here it is the stand we probably use least so don't appreciate how tired & old fashioned it is.
nou camps a dump mate
Not even got a pie stall 😂
Some woman selling home made bocadillas on a tressle table.
Can’t comment on the grub though cos the 3 times I tried they were sold out by time I got to front
Ended up eating loo roll and drinking toilet water 🙄
But you do the tour which I have, they have that section of stadium too class
Best stadium I’ve seen from outside is san Siro, but shared costs allow that budget. Would love to visit Allianz
As an arena probably cappielow, the view behind that pole 😂
Nah seriously Amsterdam arena, was first time I saw the lights we have now bettered

nou camps a dump mate
Can’t comment on the grub though cos the 3 times I tried they were sold out by time I got to front
Best stadium I’ve seen from outside is san Siro, but shared costs allow that budget. Would love to visit Allianz
Nah seriously Amsterdam arena, was first time I saw the lights we have now bettered
Oh yeah, Neu Camp is horrible and is going to get demolished. But the players area and down to the dugouts is nice.

Real Madrid's stadium is excellent but they are a shower of pricks!

nou camps a dump mate
You should see the Rogers Centre in Toronto, its like a shopping mall inside . It has bars with open fronts onto the stands plaus there are wee guys walking up and down the stands selling ice cold beers

You should see the Rogers Centre in Toronto, its like a shopping mall inside . It has bars with open fronts onto the stands plaus there are wee guys walking up and down the stands selling ice cold beers
Sports venues in the American Continent are a whole different experience. I've been in Fenway, Foxborough, Gillette Stadium, The Boston Garden and the Tennessee Titans stadium.

The thing about sports stadiums in America, they are often funded in part or whole by the taxpayer.

There is no way that would ever be accepted here, and neither should it.

The Dallas Cowboys stadium cost 1.3 billion dollars, paid for by the local council, and for which the team pays only 2 million a year in rent ! Nice arrangement if you can get it.

Maybe we should float this idea to GCC, if the huns are correct it would be agreed in an instant.

Sports venues in the American Continent are a whole different experience. I've been in Fenway, Foxborough, Gillette Stadium, The Boston Garden and the Tennessee Titans stadium.
Very impressive 26. But can you say you've watched The Ants playin' at their ground, ( Moorpark ) in Govan? I watched a certain Willie O' Neill score for them, too !
Beat that.

Very impressive 26. But can you say you've watched The Ants playin' at their ground, ( Moorpark ) in Govan? I watched a certain Willie O' Neill score for them, too !
Beat that.
Did I mention the trip to Gillette Stadium was to see Celtic play the New England Revolution where there were hoors firing muskets when they scored and the Celtic team included such legends as Kenny Misser (scored the equaliser ironically) and Paul Telfer :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I know, not even close :ROFLMAO:

It's never going to happen in the current economic climate, to do that main stand properly is going to be north of £100M, unless some of our major shareholders decide to leave a legacy.

Also pointless to build another 20,000 seats, it'd rarely be filled, better to have say 67,000 but a shed load of top class corporate booths and facilities, then use the existing corporate areas in the JS and LL stands for multiple "Kerrydales" for the fans use on matchdays (they are already opening the other bar later this season as the Kerrydale is a now "closed shop"), proper boozers in there would generate good returns.
In the main stand development they should also integrate the club superstore, club museum and the hotel, that in itself would be unique in fitba and offer a USP and tourist attraction in itself.

Not read back and don't know if anyone mentioned this but apparently the steel in the main stand is coming to the end of its safety life in a couple of years, so it will need to be rebuilt anyway.

Back