New formation on the horizon

I wonder what innovations will we see this season if any. 3-5-2 means no full backs and no wingers. Useful perhaps during domestic games when we have 90% of the possession. There is no perfect formation and a formation only lasts till the the kickoff. We have not shown that we know how to use the 5 subs rule as well as others. We have no players that can take a long throw in. We should not be predictable. We should practice free kicks with the wall 8 metres away as that's all the Masons will allow.

On your last point, Winter...........one of the things that really makes my blood boil, is when fans are told that there is no place that sport and politics should co-exist.

That rule only seems to apply to fans, as the political classes are more than willing to choose, use and abuse sport when it suits their agenda.

Even recently, wee Nicola has decided that sport should be held to a different standard than her own government advisors and she is also playing God in choosing which sports are currently available for live public consumption.

On a global scale, news coverage of events in Gaza and the West Bank are often filtered through a very narrow lens and the viewer is often spoonfed a narrative which gives neither context or meaning. It's not a straightforward subject and the (various) religious and political divides which have permeated throughout this region - have been a feature for a good period over 2,000 years. The Green Brigade have built a platform based on many our own experiences of living in Scotland and Ireland and can draw a comparison between events in the Middle East and similar atrocities which have occurred in our own towns, cities, villages and countries.

Yeah, you can debate some of the methodology and you have to pay heed to the fact that there is a decent proportion of the Israeli population who want to co-exist with Palestine and also it has to be stated that there are elements of the PLO that have no desire to acknowledge Israel. I believe the message that the Green Brigade wish to convey is that there is no need for human atrocity in any way, shape or form. Especially against a section of society which does not have the means to effectively defend itself.

Any venue which provides a platform to relay a message to a broader audience is fair game in my book. Politicians have hijacked sporting events to elicit a political advantage, but the same politicians seem hasty to take umbrage when the electorate use the same platform to convey their own message.

Whatever message the GB are hoping to transmit can be counter-demonstrated by fans with an alternative view. I personally believe it is our responsibility and obligation to give voice to the voiceless, but I respect the right of others to disagree. I do not respect the right of politicians and an agenda-driven media to condemn the rights of free and public speech.

Palestinian Lives Matter too.
SP what an outstandingly brilliant post 👏👏👏☘✌

SP what an outstandingly brilliant post 👏👏👏☘✌
Ach, I just don't like the GB being bandied about as some form of protest/riot/terrorist group when all they're really trying to highlight is a human rights issue in another part of the world.

I think they should be applauded for their humanity, not condemned for fake blood that can be washed away.

No amount of washing will clean away the real blood that's been spilled in that part of the world by genuine terror threats.

This attack the board,the board are pish, ah'm no a fan of the board, but where we go, is down to one man, and ah'm sick of sayin it, it's Dermot Desmond,everybody else is an employee or an appointee, if DD doesn't want res 12 or the five way agreement adressed,then it does'nt get adressed,DD calls the shots,so aim yer ire ire at him! rant over, noo where's ma feckin beer! mutter, mutter! 🍺 🥳
Exactly MD put the blame where it belongs

This transfer window has possibly been the most intriguing that I can ever remember. We went into this window mainly in the hope of keeping hold of players more so than looking to bring new ones in. I think most would have been happy just for us to keep hold of Eddie and Foster would never have imagined so much activity with more still to be done i believe. The main reason for this as I can see a new shape developing plus 2 players at least for each position on offer. I also believe we have not shown our full hand yet as with the vultures looming from down south why would we want to put all our jewels in the shop window now. With the signing of Duffy I can see us going 3 at the back with jullian to the right and ajer to the left should he wish to Stay mind you a left footed center back would be very useful. I can see us only playing 1 holding midfield with maybe a line of 4 in front of that with either wingers or wing backs in that role and 2 in the middle with 2 up top. I can see us playing a much higher pressing game in order for oppersition to go long and our centre backs to mop up. Let them try and play through us with the speed of our midfield would be very high risk. As we should have great possession we will hopefully have the players who can go at these tight net defences from all angles. Of course that decision remains with the coaches and ultimately team selection with Neil himself. This process is still ongoing at the moment as a left back in the form of another frimpong is required. But at the moment we are not in bad shape if this should be our future style of play as most of the players are already intact as well as plenty been developed for replacements in the long run. To maybe balance the books we may well be able to sell ntcham as this long term plan would have been funded just on his sale alone. Ajer would mean a huge profit of course a replacement would be needed but I hope that is for next season as a development would be good enough for now. I am really getting excited about the prospect of what we could have in store thís season with the 10iar as well as other trophies. Getting back to becoming that force in Europe again whether that is with Neil remains to be seen. But for now the board needs to be given great credit for what they are looking to assemble not for just this season but for many to come.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back