New players

Colbhoy

To start with I am delighted with the start on the transfer windows, at the moment it all looks great. Been reading posts that we are still in for loads more, just wondering what you are all thinking?
There seems to be a glut of almost everything, CM, wingers & defenders, do we really need any of them. If we sign Jota & CCV or even if we don't they are still here until the end of the season. I don’t think we need any more wingers, I think JM just needs a goal to calm min down then we will see the best of him on the other side we have to give young dembele a chance, JF will be back. The injury problem is huge but once we get our players back all should be good. If we buy just for cover when players are injured then we will have a glut when they all comecreating creating a larger wage bill & some unhappy players 🤔

To start with I am delighted with the start on the transfer windows, at the moment it all looks great. Been reading posts that we are still in for loads more, just wondering what you are all thinking?
There seems to be a glut of almost everything, CM, wingers & defenders, do we really need any of them. If we sign Jota & CCV or even if we don't they are still here until the end of the season. I don’t think we need any more wingers, I think JM just needs a goal to calm min down then we will see the best of him on the other side we have to give young dembele a chance, JF will be back. The injury problem is huge but once we get our players back all should be good. If we buy just for cover when players are injured then we will have a glut when they all comecreating creating a larger wage bill & some unhappy players 🤔
IMO a larger squad breeds competition,which in turn, produces better more consistent players.
It helps players recover after a gruelling shift, this reducing injuries. It is expensive, no doubt, but access to CL money will ease that strain.
Unlike other clubs we are going to emerge from this transfer window stronger, fitter and able to handle the demands of playing in three competitions.
What a window! Well done Celtic😍😍😍😍😍

I don't know about having a squad of unhappy players when we've witnessed the punishment our team has taken at the feet of the hammer throwers and the amount of injuries that were piling up. They know what they're signing up to and when they get their chance it's up to them to make themselves become number one in that position. Players have been playing out of position because of the injury list too and some that have been played weren't good enough but at least they were available, just not Celtic class.

I think we will still offload several players yet, but they have been on the fringes of the side without many minutes played so far. I also think we need a larger squad than anyone else for the following reasons:
  1. We will be playing a very large number of high pressure matches, usually twice a week for the next few months (particularly if we progress in Europe and the Scottish Cup).
  2. The very high tempo that Ange insists on takes its toll on players physically as we have seen with the very large number of muscle strains and tears so far this season. This is why he likes to swap our front players out after about 60 minutes as you are more likely to start to pick up niggly strains once you are fatigued. This style requires extreme levels of fitness built up over an extended period of time which we haven't yet had so it often results in more injuries early on as players bodies develop to the new regime (the same happened in Klopp's first season at Liverpool).
  3. The brutal treatment of our players that is allowed by the MIBs in nearly every domestic game. We are very very lucky to have avoided a couple of very serious leg/ankle breaks this season.

If we have more players then it should increase competition and better performances form the players. But I agree that it is a difficult balancing act keeping those who are not starting enthusiastic if they are just on the bench or in the stands, and no doubt there will be a couple of disgruntled players in a few months time as there is at every club.

Had the misfortune to listen to Radio Clyde last night tell us we have to many mids and it will only cause unrest, their theory fails on a number of counts, but the main ones being,

#1Ange has stated on a number of occasions that we need more bodies in to ease the pressure on the bhoys that play every week.

#2 As you say injurys are horrendous or at least they have been.

#3 The same team doesn't start every week and we must be able to swap like for like or else we only weaken our team.

#4 We play in a league where we seem to pick up more red and yellow cards despite dominating possession and as the season progresses we are more susceptible to suspension.

#5 Clyde are only shit stirring, if any other Glasgow teams particularly the new one had that kind of depth of squad, they would be calling the league as over.

H.H

Had the misfortune to listen to Radio Clyde last night tell us we have to many mids and it will only cause unrest, their theory fails on a number of counts, but the main ones being,

#1Ange has stated on a number of occasions that we need more bodies in to ease the pressure on the bhoys that play every week.

#3 The same team doesn't start every week and we must be able to swap like for like or else we only weaken our team.

#4 We play in a league where we seem to pick up more red and yellow cards despite dominating possession and as the season progresses we are more susceptible to suspension.

#5 Clyde are only shit stirring, if any other Glasgow teams particularly the new one had that kind of depth of squad, they would be calling the league as over.

H.H
OMG! Iam horrified! We have too many midfielders!
wasn't that long ago they were telling us how light we were in the middle of the park.
A***h***s.

H.H
Stopped listening to that shite years ago…..just a Celtic hate fest, they aw get a stauner when the Huns are mentioned 🤣🤣

Ange has already addressed this with his comments on players ...he won't try and change the mind of any player who doesn't want to be here .....he has said many times regardless of if your in the the starting squad or not you have to be ready when your opportunity comes along so you need to train that way and be part of his philosophy for a squad whether your a development player or the 3rd number 10. He is creating healthy competition and a togetherness of a squad creating an environment where they can all be part of something special which he keeps mentioning week in week out. The players who cant do this are already out the picture and will leave and that's fine by me. We've used 34 players in first team games this year and 27 of them were in December all be it we had a lot of injuries. The demands that Ange is making demands a big squad of quality who will all play their part and I think the players will buy into that if they haven't already.

H.H
Heard that wee bastard keevins sevco have a good big squad Which is good but on us we now have too many players last week we never had enuf quality🤦‍♂️ canny wait to lift this title shut these fuckers up

I believe Ange has been totally trusted in what he is trying to create within the club to date, and can't fault his judgement either on the players he has bought into the club at present.
I also think he has been fair enough on giving so many the opportunities to stake there case of remaining worthy of being in contention for keeping a 1st team squad place.
To date we have been fairly rigid with a 433 and easily enough to place all the players in a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice in each position so far and even had to depend upon the flexibility of josip and Bitton also.
Injuries to key players within the system of play and the demands placed upon the players with our expectations and having to do the Thursday /Sunday turn around has taken its toll to date with extra pressure placed upon the squad yet with great credit the squad haven't faulted to the challenge either.
Yet that lack of extra quality and lack of flexibility has still been there for all to see, especially against these anti football Park the bus teams, and also believe Ange has addressed this problem now, especially where the league title can be decided, we have currently dropped 7 points against the likes of such shit and only remain 6 behind currently.
I actually don't fear any team that want to actually try and play against us, as our extra quality should shine through in the end.
With covid still having the impact it can have still then the clearing of the deadwood may well take longer than Ange would possibly like it to, yet I don't see the potential trouble makers within the squad having any impact this season as they did last season as Ange got them all out of the door quickly enough.
Still have an overload of players that I can't see really fitting into the long term plans of Ange and the club still and these should be reduced in time and easily done so as the main squad of players become more settled.
This transformation of the squad has been an amazing feat to date imo, and went far smoother than I was fearing and that is something Ange deserves great credit for, especially as he has nearly completed a squad that we should be proud of having assembled and looks like being here for some time yet, so stand to become and get even better than what we have witnessed so far which has already been pretty impressive.
For the first time in a number of years, I believe the club is in a very strong position and looking forward to all the success that they will bring and even more so with a squad of players where all will play there part when required to do so imo.

See awe u lucky bassas who will be at celtic Park for the Derby don't get too pissed before it ive got a feeling this game is gonny be a cracker so savour it soak it all in make good memories of singing loud and proud it will be a celebration of fitbaw and an over all thanks to the board and ange for giving us hope back so quickly but especially to big ange for giving us this team so far the excitement he's instilled back into us all is uncalculable and long may it continue HH YNWA COYBIG.....LEAGUE FLAGS COMING HOME TROOPS🥳🥳💚🇮🇪🍀

Members online

Latest posts

Back