News from today's Celtic Media Conference

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
I attended today's Celtic Media Conference which featured Greg Taylor then Ange Postecoglou...quick summary below for Celtic Noise...

Jota - few weeks away probably ‘more likely’ rather than Monday. Nothing further on talks with Benfica, so this will roll until the summer, not likely to happen in January.

McGree - decided to look elsewhere - "which is fine” so NOT happening.

ALL other links with players LIES - total fabrication, fictitious, falsehoods - no other offers have been made by Celtic this month for anyone.

Unlikely anyone else coming in. Not 100% but nearly.

Welsh ‘going nowhere’ -rated highly, more room for development.

Griffiths’ looking at opportunities elsewhere’ - Ange not involved with discussions but agrees with that outcome. He's NOT coming back to Celtic.

Johnny Kenny - club scouted for a while, like what they’ve seen.

Ange approves of 5 subs change, even though he didn’t used to be in favour of it.

I asked him about first six months, said fans delighted asked for his assessment and what message he has to the support for second half of season

I then asked him about the good job Michael Nicholson seems to be doing - "Not seems" he started with….!) Got good answers to both questions.

I asked Greg Taylor how his Japanese was coming along and then what the new signings have been like in training. He seemed very confident that the silly dropped points in fort half of season would not be repeated.

More on The Celtic Star later folks...

I attended today's Celtic Media Conference which featured Greg Taylor then Ange Postecoglou...quick summary below for Celtic Noise...

Jota - few weeks away probably ‘more likely’ rather than Monday. Nothing further on talks with Benfica, so this will roll until the summer, not likely to happen in January.

McGree - decided to look elsewhere - "which is fine” so NOT happening.

ALL other links with players LIES - total fabrication, fictitious, falsehoods - no other offers have been made by Celtic this month for anyone.

Unlikely anyone else coming in. Not 100% but nearly.

Welsh ‘going nowhere’ -rated highly, more room for development.

Griffiths’ looking at opportunities elsewhere’ - Ange not involved with discussions but agrees with that outcome. He's NOT coming back to Celtic.

Johnny Kenny - club scouted for a while, like what they’ve seen.

Ange approves of 5 subs change, even though he didn’t used to be in favour of it.

I asked him about first six months, said fans delighted asked for his assessment and what message he has to the support for second half of season

I then asked him about the good job Michael Nicholson seems to be doing - "Not seems" he started with….!) Got good answers to both questions.

I asked Greg Taylor how his Japanese was coming along and then what the new signings have been like in training. He seemed very confident that the silly dropped points in fort half of season would not be repeated.

More on The Celtic Star later folks...
Watched it and have to say it took him until he spoke to yoursel WC before he raised a smile and you can see he appreciated your comments thanking him on behalf of the support for the job he has done so far. Love his prezzers as you can feel the hacks squirming in the background as he gives them a look and an answer that recognises the stupidity of their questions. Well done for that today enjoyed it 🍀👍

Great to see straightforward talking and honesty from Ange. Straight upfront about our incoming transfers. It shows me the respect he has for us, the fans. No nonsense straight talking, no false hope, not misleading, not playing to the gallery, no playing games. All about the club. The way it should be.

A proper manager and a breath of fresh air. Thanks Ange. 💚 🍀

I think he's going to end up in the MLS. I don't have any proof of this other than just a gut feeling, but he'd do well over here.
At his best he was by far the best finisher in our game. A crying shame that he maybe took his gift for granted. I'll cherish the memories of watching him in The Hoops. Been a bit silly at times, but I can't help liking the bloke. Wish nothing but good things for him.

Back