NEWS NOW

J

JFanCelt

Bhoys, Ghirls can anyone help me. I have the app “NEWS NOW” that I thought was predominantly a Celtic web information site.
However, this site is always speculating and providing false and pathetic information regarding possible Celtic Signings etc
So much so, I believe News Now to be a provider of made up information with no true reflection of what is actually happening at Celtic.
Can anyone help? Should I delete News Now.

Bhoys, Ghirls can anyone help me. I have the app “NEWS NOW” that I thought was predominantly a Celtic web information site.
However, this site is always speculating and providing false and pathetic information regarding possible Celtic Signings etc
So much so, I believe News Now to be a provider of made up information with no true reflection of what is actually happening at Celtic.

I think the News Now site just picks up on any News related to that particular section of news now. So it will pick up all the speculation news for the subject.

I look don the list of news and look at the source and then depending on the source I decide if ill read it with any particular trust.

Its a good site if you like to see mostly all the latest news outputs with Celtic doing rounds over last few hours. But its always going to have a lot of banger information amongst the hits, especially during transfer windows.

I find it relatively useful at times but mostly with pinch of salt.

Newsnow is perfectly legitimate , except for two small faults :

Firstly , they don't have any news and secondly , well it doesn't matter if its Now or whenever - they don't have any news . You might as well read the leaves in a teacup .
Thank you very much Millay, greatly appreciated.

I go on Celtic news now (not got the app ) but I find it has a lot of old news from years ago and just cuts and paste's the rest

Boabs yer man to block hitc and the rest of the shit.

Seen big pierre tonight.

on the cunt thats missin his fez raman style.

Big pierre still got lips to die for. Good looking man.

Life has been kind to him.

Soz bhoys shammy and GG will appreciate this post where y’all might not ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Delete it even the pc version is shit. Best news is reliable sources, if the newspapers have not got the news from Celtic no -one has it, tight ship been run. Sometime Phil Mac and Scottish Football Monitor get info thats bang on due their site been watertight and all things questioned, rabble rousers are told to get to.

I'd divide this into three categories.
a) Celtic Fans Media - sites like The Celtic Star, The Celtic Blog and Video Celts
b) MSM
c) Click bait sites

These are all featured on News Now and indeed on Celtic News Now - they are not the same.
On News Now you can block sites you don't like and highlight the ones that you do like. There is also a sub category of Celtic Blogs that is worth using as it takes out the MSM and the Click Bait sites and just gives you the Blogs.

There is seldom anything original or worth reading on c. We all know that bias that has always been there on b and in a you now need to watch out for Rangers supporters pretending to be something they are not in a. They are actually from the c category and also publish the Rangers News.

I'd divide this into three categories.
a) Celtic Fans Media - sites like The Celtic Star, The Celtic Blog and Video Celts
b) MSM
c) Click bait sites

These are all featured on News Now and indeed on Celtic News Now - they are not the same.
On News Now you can block sites you don't like and highlight the ones that you do like. There is also a sub category of Celtic Blogs that is worth using as it takes out the MSM and the Click Bait sites and just gives you the Blogs.

There is seldom anything original or worth reading on c. We all know that bias that has always been there on b and in a you now need to watch out for Rangers supporters pretending to be something they are not in a. They are actually from the c category and also publish the Rangers News.[/QUOTE
Good shout

Newsnow is just data grabbing via RSS feeds from sites.
The quality of the feeds churned out depends on the code and person putting the keywords in to rule ones possibly valid, even with the best will they are going to pull in pathetic ignorant shyte now and then like this today
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/970340043?-10583:834
A supposed news item based on McKenna being valued at 1.1 million!

If they cared! they would not even consider grabbing rss feeds from such poor quality sites.

Useful for scanning possible news but many are not even worthy of a click, anything from the likes of hitc are just in there for google adsense clicks.
Nothing wrong with that, all sites need to fund themselves somehow, but at least put some work in and realise that linking to such sites as supposed news will eventually put people off clicking more than just the obviously pathetic adsense clickbait ones.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Back