News on Bolingoli

Getting information from Celtic on these matters isn't easy. Information tends to break when other parties in the transfer discussions speak to the media for their own ends, maybe trying to talk up a player, drum up interest (see Morelos stories over the past few years) and stuff like that. Celtic never say anything to the press unless it suits them for a very specific purpose. Sometimes the odd snippet is available and we've had a decent record on this on The Celtic Star. But there is NO WAY that anyone from Celtic is talking to these click bait sites. Sometimes we rely on carefully constructed hints, that point us in the right direction, or we'll get a clear text reply with a few words that explain the club's position for us to do as we will, the most recent example of that is of course the club letting it be known to TCS that null and void was not going to happen.

On Bolingoli it's easy to join up the pieces on this story. Bayo's wife had a baby the day Celtic played down at Kilmarnock a month or so ago. Yet he made sure he was there and was on the bench. That's a commitment to the cause that is appreciated, these who don't show it aren't in the team, and that applies to a couple of players, one who was in the news today and maybe also Bolingoli.

Neil Lennon doesn't tolerate it.

I think too many fans forget that, due to their fantastically high salaries, players are people too who have to overcome the real life obstacles that we all do - emotions, family life & problems, home sickness, adjusting to a different culture, dealing with Scotland's driech weather, etc. Maybe Boli hasn't settled down yet or maybe he really is just shite as many fans think.

It is a bit of a shame that Boli is clearly better suited to a further forward wing back position but he was exclusively played as full back in a 4-5-1 formation, which could at times highlight his defensive inadequacies. Yet when we made the very successful transition to a 3-5-2, which he is much better suited to, we mostly played Greg Taylor who is probably most suited to a 4 at the back.

Personally I don't think we've yet gotten the best out of Boli and I would be starting Taylor too, or possibly try to snap up Hickey as a bargain buy from cash-strapped Hearts (but again he is young and will still make errors as he learns the game). If we get a good enough offer then we probably will cash in on him, but if not then I wouldn't write him off just yet.

I think too many fans forget that, due to their fantastically high salaries, players are people too who have to overcome the real life obstacles that we all do - emotions, family life & problems, home sickness, adjusting to a different culture, dealing with Scotland's driech weather, etc. Maybe Boli hasn't settled down yet or maybe he really is just shite as many fans think.

It is a bit of a shame that Boli is clearly better suited to a further forward wing back position but he was exclusively played as full back in a 4-5-1 formation, which could at times highlight his defensive inadequacies. Yet when we made the very successful transition to a 3-5-2, which he is much better suited to, we mostly played Greg Taylor who is probably most suited to a 4 at the back.

Personally I don't think we've yet gotten the best out of Boli and I would be starting Taylor too, or possibly try to snap up Hickey as a bargain buy from cash-strapped Hearts (but again he is young and will still make errors as he learns the game). If we get a good enough offer then we probably will cash in on him, but if not then I wouldn't write him off just yet.
I agree,would like to see boli in the 3 5 2 formation,i think he offers more than taylor in the forward position,i wouldnt give up on him yet.

I agree,would like to see boli in the 3 5 2 formation,i think he offers more than taylor in the forward position,i wouldnt give up on him yet.

The thing is imo.....the wing backs in a 3 5 2 still have to defend.....and Boli is not a good defender.....he is a chronic ball watcher.....better the better defender plays than the poorer one.....all in my view of course

The thing is imo.....the wing backs in a 3 5 2 still have to defend.....and Boli is not a good defender.....he is a chronic ball watcher.....better the better defender plays than the poorer one.....all in my view of course
Thats a fair comment as well,would just be interested to see how he goes,in fairness to taylor theres no reason he cant improve in the final third,hopefully tjey can push each other.

Thats a fair comment as well,would just be interested to see how he goes,in fairness to taylor theres no reason he cant improve in the final third,hopefully tjey can push each other.
That’s what I’m hoping. Wish we wouldn’t write off players so easily. Be a while before we find out though. Tbh any speculation about players probably means very little at the moment.

As many have said he is a poor defender, but for those who suggest that he is better further up the pitch, I see a player who starts to carry a ball then meets a defender ... he does not have the ability to beat a defender. Once he loses a ball he has no instinct to fight to get the ball back leaving a huge defensive hole at left back.

To be honest bhoys don't believe any of three LB r any good Taylor poor going forward Boli can't defend poor first touch Hayes works hard but not LB Need to buy quality back push boat out sign young boy Hickie with hearts only my opinion 👍

Members online

Back