Next 6 weeks

Gary67

Between Thursday's game up to the end of October we play 8 games...
Raith h LC
DU h L
Leverkusen h EL
Aberdeen a L
Motherwell a L
Ferencvaros h EL
St Johnstone h L
Hibs a L

Hopefully injuries will clear up and new signings be able to contribute although Jullien and Taylor look like they'll miss all of these games.
Ange needs to get bodies back, pick his strongest 11 and stick with the core of whoever he chooses. We could have a strong team and bench for these games, good enough to win most, if not all of them.
His big decisions are left back and midfield. I assume that Juranovic will be starting RB and won't be shunted to the left, CCV and Starfelt are the first pick CH pairing, McGregor is the midfield, Kyogo striker and Forrest back on the RW. Does he play and stick with young Monty at LB of continue with Boli? Who are the other 2 in midfield alongside the captain?

Hart
Juranovic CCV Startfelt Montgomery
McCarthy McGregor
Forrest Rogic Jota
Furuhashi

Bain, Ralston, Welsh, Bolingoli, Soro, Turnbull, Abada, Johnston, Ajeti, Giakoumakis

Raith h LC
DU h L
Leverkusen h EL
Aberdeen a L
Motherwell a L
Ferencvaros h EL
St Johnstone h L
Hibs a L

Hopefully injuries will clear up and new signings be able to contribute although Jullien and Taylor look like they'll miss all of these games.
Ange needs to get bodies back, pick his strongest 11 and stick with the core of whoever he chooses. We could have a strong team and bench for these games, good enough to win most, if not all of them.
His big decisions are left back and midfield. I assume that Juranovic will be starting RB and won't be shunted to the left, CCV and Starfelt are the first pick CH pairing, McGregor is the midfield, Kyogo striker and Forrest back on the RW. Does he play and stick with young Monty at LB of continue with Boli? Who are the other 2 in midfield alongside the captain?

Hart
McCarthy McGregor
Forrest Rogic Jota
Furuhashi

Bain, Ralston, Welsh, Bolingoli, Soro, Turnbull, Abada, Johnston, Ajeti, Giakoumakis
Agreed Gary where that run of games could well define our season.
A settled back line I would class as key, and judging on yesterday, I would guess Welsh has fallen way done the pecking order now and possibly with Ralston as well, just get that feeling Ange don't really rate them, especially Welsh, which I would think was harsh.
Even Monty not being used at all, I found very strange as I would have thought Boli was a 4th choice player in the role given and still none to impressed either.
How scales and GG are taking so long to get up to speed remains a mystery, especially after such a draining game on Thursday and both deemed not really compared to tired players?
The energy that Christie bought to the system Ange likes to play, looks like being a big loss so a tweak in the formation looks favourite to me still, will we see it? Not so sure now.
Would prefer to see the extra man in midfield and rotate Turnbull and Rogic with given the free role, as lost confidence in them as a partnership playing together.
Hope to see what scales has to offer, yet not to confident he can step up to the mark, as came to us match fit and therefore should have been able to step in, and still yet not used still, so is he actually good enough?
If our play is going to be totally dictated in the league by having calmac and kyogo available at all times, then that's not good enough imo over the course of a season

Raith h LC
DU h L
Leverkusen h EL
Aberdeen a L
Motherwell a L
Ferencvaros h EL
St Johnstone h L
Hibs a L

Hart
McCarthy McGregor
Forrest Rogic Jota
Furuhashi

Forrest won’t get away with disappearing in games like he normally does

Look, we took a big gamble on Ange. We still are. These 6 games will tell us if it pays off.
Slightly surprised at DD. Money men like short odds.
It's like he doesn't give a shit.
Wouldn't say that brim, still has been fairly successful as a start for Ange, even if the results don't back that up still.
Thinking a slight adjustment to team shape by only allowing either Turnbull or Rogic to start, not both and putting in a right sided midfielder would make a big difference all around imo.

After that performance yesterday it can go one of 2 ways.1 it has a positive affect that it gives the players a good kick up the arse and the manager realises that he's the man to do that.or we could fold like we did last season.what I do know is ange is still for me the man who will win this league so I'll go for number 1 this will have a positive impact on the squad and manager I think we will go on a good run of results this could be a turning point in the season.

I was as gutted yesterday as anybody and there really isn’t an excuse for a shite result, livi have made nearly as many changes to their team from last year as us so really the only excuse left is the pitch, that in my book is a pish! Never seen a great game on a park like that but we should still be too good for them.
The thing that gets me is over the past few weeks nearly everybody was saying it’ll take time and there’s going to be as much downs as ups but as soon as we get a bad result there’s inquests about the manager and some of the signings not being good enough. FFS!! Give people a chance James
McCarthy had a shit game his FIRST start he would admit himself he was poor but there’s people saying he should never have been signed. Why not?? He’s been playing in a league that is far stronger than ours and very much held his own. We all have to take a deep breath and calm down

I was as gutted yesterday as anybody and there really isn’t an excuse for a shite result . . . We all have to take a deep breath and calm down

I would agree, but if recent history is any indication, Livingston has always been a thorn in Celtic's side. Having a pitch like a worn rug doesn't help, and I always offer in my nightly prayers that Livingston is relegated. In any case, there's no need to panic for reasons that have been mentioned already ad nauseum -- key players out, new guys need a chance to work together, etc.

It's a long season and we're just getting warmed up. The panic merchants -- whether they're the MSM or various bloggers (not me) -- are playing this up looking for eyeballs translating to ad revenue.

I would agree, but if recent history is any indication, Livingston has always been a thorn in Celtic's side. Having a pitch like a worn rug doesn't help, and I always offer in my nightly prayers that Livingston is relegated. In any case, there's no need to panic for reasons that have been mentioned already ad nauseum -- key players out, new guys need a chance to work together, etc.

It's a long season and we're just getting warmed up. The panic merchants -- whether they're the MSM or various bloggers (not me) -- are playing this up looking for eyeballs translating to ad revenue.
Totally agree about the park mate and it shouldn’t be allowed at that level of football as I said I have never seen a decent game on one of them but I feel it shouldn’t be an excuse. When we had about 80% possession up til they scored it was our decision making that was letting us down more than anything. When it comes to your nightly prayers not getting answered mate I always find lighting a wee candle at mass does the trick 😁🙏🇻🇦

Totally agree about the park mate and it shouldn’t be allowed at that level of football as I said I have never seen a decent game on one of them but I feel it shouldn’t be an excuse. When we had about 80% possession up til they scored it was our decision making that was letting us down more than anything. When it comes to your nightly prayers not getting answered mate I always find lighting a wee candle at mass does the trick 😁🙏🇻🇦

No argument there. When the stats defy the results, clearly there's a problem. But it's one game, one that will be forgotten fairly quickly.

Hadn't thought of candles -- maybe I'll try that:D

As an aside, I'm watching Barça play someone (Granada, maybe?) and I have to wonder: Is is me or have they been terrible since losing Messi and Greizmann? Some may think we're in trouble, but at least we're not Barcelona, 10th in La Liga struggling against 14th Granada.

Forrest is hands down one of our best players. You just have to look at the stats with Forrest in the team and forrest out. With him in the team we win more games and score more goals.
You just have to look at how much we missed him last season
I hear about stats all the time when it comes to Forrest but stats don’t tell the full story mate just like in 24 games against the huns he’s scored twice and on about two occasions actually had a decent game against them (or half anyway). On his game Forrest is lightning quick and a very good footballer the last game he was truly that player was at St Johnstone during BR’s time he had a few weeks of really ripping it up including games I believe for his country (don’t watch or have interest in Scotland games) James hides and is non existent in far too many games that really matter when we are depending on someone of his ability to show up

Raith h LC
DU h L
Leverkusen h EL
Aberdeen a L
Motherwell a L
Ferencvaros h EL
St Johnstone h L
Hibs a L

Hart
McCarthy McGregor
Forrest Rogic Jota
Furuhashi

We need a bit of a break on the injury front and the opportunity to see our strongest team utilised. But with that comes a bit of know how to outfox the opposition and being able to change it up if its not working. Great to watch us hammering teams with 2 central defenders and what feels like an 8 pronged attack disguised as a 433 at times when Angeball is in full flow. But impossible to keep that up for 90mins +. And particularly Sunday Thursday Sunday with the inevitability of getting opened up by not only any quality but other teams with limited ability who have a bit of tactical awareness with those said central defenders coming under pressure and taking pelters as a result of our one way style of playing. We must be able to adapt and play different formations throughout a game. Sounds like we have announced a one way style of playing and not budging from that at present. Not sure you can win anything until we have a squad of match fit players who have played together for a sustained period of time and the depth to change it when it's not working. Yes the next 8 games will be very telling especially with Kyogo maybe only coming back for 2 to 3 max. I remain positive and optimistic for the future and will always back the team but am now a bit more realistic given resources after one transfer window. We are nearing October and still look like a team trying to get to know each other and for me not much closer to seeing what our strongest 11 looks like ...I'd be amazed if we won all these games.

Raith h LC
DU h L
Leverkusen h EL
Aberdeen a L
Motherwell a L
Ferencvaros h EL
St Johnstone h L
Hibs a L

Hart
McCarthy McGregor
Forrest Rogic Jota
Furuhashi

Now we need a run of games for kyogo and whoever he's goin to be playing with so they can really get an understanding going and calum and McCarthy for me in the middle way big tam rogic for now young monty lb defo if jamesy is back I'd play him afore abada for the now also....but thing is wen u try n pick whoever team anybody wants its actually a good 14/15 that if they all stay fit till January that mini squad are capable of taking control of the league but so much needs to happen for it all to land so we hope for as much as possible and go for it wit will be and all that HH

We need a bit of a break on the injury front and the opportunity to see our strongest team utilised. But with that comes a bit of know how to outfox the opposition and being able to change it up if its not working. Great to watch us hammering teams with 2 central defenders and what feels like an 8 pronged attack disguised as a 433 at times when Angeball is in full flow. But impossible to keep that up for 90mins +. And particularly Sunday Thursday Sunday with the inevitability of getting opened up by not only any quality but other teams with limited ability who have a bit of tactical awareness with those said central defenders coming under pressure and taking pelters as a result of our one way style of playing. We must be able to adapt and play different formations throughout a game. Sounds like we have announced a one way style of playing and not budging from that at present. Not sure you can win anything until we have a squad of match fit players who have played together for a sustained period of time and the depth to change it when it's not working. Yes the next 8 games will be very telling especially with Kyogo maybe only coming back for 2 to 3 max. I remain positive and optimistic for the future and will always back the team but am now a bit more realistic given resources after one transfer window. We are nearing October and still look like a team trying to get to know each other and for me not much closer to seeing what our strongest 11 looks like ...I'd be amazed if we won all these games.
All fair points
But while we are in the midst of some soul searching and righty so, we can be justified in the belief that our boards inability to prepare properly and their subsequent fannying about in the window had stacked the odds against a flying start let’s say.
Now considering the optics we’re led to believe it’s our worst start ….
3 defeats in the league this season out of 6 games. poor by comparison but has anyone ever known such a summer 🤷‍♂️
With the injury list we have had this season and the lack of available players for one reason or another, it’s hardly surprising.
We have our issues away from home in Scotland and I’m pretty sure ange will come up with the answer, he has to.
But me, I take a look across the city.
Within 6 games they’ve beaten us and we’ve lost another 2 yet they’re only 4 points ahead. They’ve had a settled squad for a couple of seasons and to be frank, they should have punished us more than they have.
if they’d have won these 6 games which isn’t a stretch then we would be in trouble. 9 points behind.
But they’re not and for a good reason.
They’re no that good.
now I’m not happy at being 4 points behind them, but I’m delighted it’s not 9
We will improve, they don’t have much more improvement in them

Members online

Latest posts

Back