Niall J & The Celtic Star

I enjoyed reading that Niall. Though I've seen it all before when Winning the league in 88 big ceaser was crying out for more money to match Rangers ambition and he received nothing. They were different times and the board at that time where more interested in lining their own pockets and were clueless and weren't interested in improving things of the pitch.
I guess what I'm trying to say is recent boards in the past have shot themselves in the foot and in the process letting them back in it. This close season is one of the most important in many a year and we must get it right with mangement and player recruitment. Let's get it right and don't give them a sniff

I enjoyed reading that Niall. Though I've seen it all before when Winning the league in 88 big ceaser was crying out for more money to match Rangers ambition and he received nothing. They were different times and the board at that time where more interested in lining their own pockets and were clueless and weren't interested in improving things of the pitch.
I guess what I'm trying to say is recent boards in the past have shot themselves in the foot and in the process letting them back in it. This close season is one of the most important in many a year and we must get it right with mangement and player recruitment. Let's get it right and don't give them a sniff

Exactly ??

Thanks Pedmc Let's be honest right the way through many campaigns this has been our Achilles heel we rarely push on from a position of strength. I'm not holding my breath but this seems the perfect opportunity to right some wrongs and leave our 'rivals' in our wake for a good few years, and for me couple that with genuine progress in Europe

Niall......can't help but be impressed by your analysis, like most fans I have my reservations on several issues about the best way forward, but I'm still not convinced that kneejerk reactions reap the most positive results.

I accept that there will be alternative opinions and healthy debate can only be positive, but next season is not going to be a season for the faint-hearted and while I'd love for us to play beautiful, expansive, free-flowing football, I'd be equally happy taking 90-odd points worth of scrappy 1-0's.

I know that Lenny might divide opinion, but I think he's up for the fight and I don't really see any feasible alternatives who fully understand just what is at stake here.

I thought that that mob might have blew their wad on this last campaign, but perhaps they'll cash in the copper, brass and nickel at the midden to have one last "all in"!!!

With that in mind, I personally don't think that it's the right time to radically overhaul every aspect of the club's infrastructure. We need to strengthen wisely, that's clearly evident, but we also need to get the current nucleus battle-ready and fighting fit.

We need to trim the excess fat and ensure that the squad is equipped with players that want to be here, but I'm still confident that our best XI in peak condition takes that mob any day of the week.

Another good read, Niall.......look forward to more in future.

Niall......can't help but be impressed by your analysis, like most fans I have my reservations on several issues about the best way forward, but I'm still not convinced that kneejerk reactions reap the most positive results.

I accept that there will be alternative opinions and healthy debate can only be positive, but next season is not going to be a season for the faint-hearted and while I'd love for us to play beautiful, expansive, free-flowing football, I'd be equally happy taking 90-odd points worth of scrappy 1-0's.

I know that Lenny might divide opinion, but I think he's up for the fight and I don't really see any feasible alternatives who fully understand just what is at stake here.

I thought that that mob might have blew their wad on this last campaign, but perhaps they'll cash in the copper, brass and nickel at the midden to have one last "all in"!!!

With that in mind, I personally don't think that it's the right time to radically overhaul every aspect of the club's infrastructure. We need to strengthen wisely, that's clearly evident, but we also need to get the current nucleus battle-ready and fighting fit.

We need to trim the excess fat and ensure that the squad is equipped with players that want to be here, but I'm still confident that our best XI in peak condition takes that mob any day of the week.

Another good read, Niall.......look forward to more in future.
(y) Couldn't agree more SP, also think you are right they will go for one last 'all in' at Ibrox. Win or bust. Think I may have seen that movie before hmmmm:whistle:

Members online

Latest posts

Back