Nick Hammond Resigns

He was head of recruitment he was responsible for us having Barkas,Ajeti Klimala and Duffy to name a few
Outside the club no-one knows. He was head of football operations in title I'm none the wiser today as the day he arrived who had final say on targets or transfers. We signed ajeti for instance but also spoke with Toney and fletcher. Who chose? Him lenny lawwell? Not a clue.

Outside the club no-one knows. He was head of football operations in title I'm none the wiser today as the day he arrived who had final say on targets or transfers. We signed ajeti for instance but also spoke with Toney and fletcher. Who chose? Him lenny lawwell? Not a clue.
I do know Lawell choose him,the man was sacked from his last job at West Brom bought a load of crap there too the fans we’re overjoyed to see him go was out of work for nearly a year before our Peter employed him

On that note have to admit I thought Duffy would be a great signing
Same, I thought Duffy would be a game changer, I suppose I was right, he took our defence from not bad to fucking terrible, game changed!

I blame the change more on replacing Forster with Barkas or Bain though.

How many points has Shagger McGregor won for the huns this season? And how many points have our keeper calamities cost us?

Same, I thought Duffy would be a game changer, I suppose I was right, he took our defence from not bad to fucking terrible, game changed!

I blame the change more on replacing Forster with Barkas or Bain though.
Spot on with the 'keeper. And that was one that Hammond apparently pushed for. Mind you only way was down after Forster.

As for Duffy, I actually like the guy. Didn't want him as I was suspicious why Potter wanted rid when he was trying to play expansive football from the back. But when he arrived he initially won me over. I thought if he played in the middle of a back three and just looked after the striker, no frills, just a marking job with brute strength he'd be ideal. Instead we played him as a right side of a 3 and asked him to bring the ball out and we watched him through our fingers pinging passes and trying to break the lines. Just the job Potter had punted him for not being up to.
Hard to question recruitment when we don't even play to players strength. One strange old story in a shitshow of a season. One of many.

Members online

Latest posts

Back