Nicky Hammond

Winter

I realise it's too early to judge NH and he's temporary (but could get it full time). My problem is hes got the club in for English players and that marketplace is above our budgeting model really. Take tommy Smith, if we are to believe what we've heard and I do believe this one. Stoke and Celtic bid the same £4 million but terms broke down on his pay. Other sources say we only bid 2.5 million. Whatever is the truth we can't be shopping there unless we really are going to splash the cash and even then I'm concerned as the players are all , and I mean all overpriced and overhyped. I'll reserve judgement for now and realise England has been his workplace for years. I don't like to see Celtic missing out on championship players to other championship clubs, we know most of them have more cash so why are we competing with them? I disagree with anyone who says it's where the best talent is. So far 3 players in and a lot of cash spent but also 2/3 targets missed so I'll give Nick at this time 75/100

I realise it's too early to judge NH and he's temporary (but could get it full time). My problem is hes got the club in for English players and that marketplace is above our budgeting model really. Take tommy Smith, if we are to believe what we've heard and I do believe this one. Stoke and Celtic bid the same £4 million but terms broke down on his pay. Other sources say we only bid 2.5 million. Whatever is the truth we can't be shopping there unless we really are going to splash the cash and even then I'm concerned as the players are all , and I mean all overpriced and overhyped. I'll reserve judgement for now and realise England has been his workplace for years. I don't like to see Celtic missing out on championship players to other championship clubs, we know most of them have more cash so why are we competing with them? I disagree with anyone who says it's where the best talent is. So far 3 players in and a lot of cash spent but also 2/3 targets missed so I'll give Nick at this time 75/100

He has to look outwith England because that is a complete waste of time. The fees and wages average players expect is a nonsense. If he keeps focusing there we will not get the quality we need for £4m or the wages they expect. Smith look ok, nothing more and there must be literally hundreds of RB’s out there better than him than we we would get in England.

So my report card on him would be really worried he’s wasting fucking time on players who cost too much for too little talent.

Aye though I wonder if Smith was his target or working off the congerton list. I'm appalled really appalled at the prices for players now, I'm convinced that us, the little people are being shafted over these transfers in some way, call me paranoid if you want (where you talking about me?)seriously though take jao Felix 19yr old €126 million benfica to atletico Madrid who are saying that come next season he will be worth ober €350 million. Think about that for a moment thats more than a double rollover Euro millions lotto. Where does it end? Are we soon to witness the first billion € player ? It's making me sick. Also where are the rangers getting €4 million for a defender from Sweden? Is this a directors cash ? As that's not bad money for a club with none

I'm aware he's only been in post a couple of weeks but his appointment is a weird one. is he a DOF? Is he a short term recruitment consultant? Why on earth do Celtic think a role like this is a summer job?
If there is a structural change going on in the background and this is a stop gap measure I get it and I hope that's what it is. I've advocated such a change for a while. If not it's a very strange approach. Remember such a role shouldn't just be for a transfer window. His role should involve heading up recruitment and scouting etc for every age group. A cohesive structure finally feeding into Neil Lennon's wishes for the first team. This should free up Lennon to concentrate on the first team development. Lennon has enough to do bedding everyone into a new style for the next 2 seasons.

Aye though I wonder if Smith was his target or working off the congerton list. I'm appalled really appalled at the prices for players now, I'm convinced that us, the little people are being shafted over these transfers in some way, call me paranoid if you want (where you talking about me?)seriously though take jao Felix 19yr old €126 million benfica to atletico Madrid who are saying that come next season he will be worth ober €350 million. Think about that for a moment thats more than a double rollover Euro millions lotto. Where does it end? Are we soon to witness the first billion € player ? It's making me sick. Also where are the rangers getting €4 million for a defender from Sweden? Is this a directors cash ? As that's not bad money for a club with none

It’s mental Winter, no doubt about it. It is though the reality and makes us qualifying for the CL even more pressing. Even if we manage that we are still miles behind, but with good scouting of young quality players not already playing in an inflated market, we can and will be able to at least land a punch or two.

It’s mental Winter, no doubt about it. It is though the reality and makes us qualifying for the CL even more pressing. Even if we manage that we are still miles behind, but with good scouting of young quality players not already playing in an inflated market, we can and will be able to at least land a punch or two.
Aye we always do land a punch or 2. Call me paranoid (not behind my back that makes me paranoid) but these big 5 leagues and the cash they're spending? It's not normall and the 50million man Utd spent on the England u21 from Crystal palace? It's crazy, who are the real beneficiaries of this increase in spending ? The Arabs? The consortium's? Whilst supporters struggle to make ends meat and taking your kids to the game works out as the same as a week in Spain? Kids strips at 80quid. For a country who are living in a period of austerity not the only one either, it's gross gross gross uch I reallly should just say what I mean ?

Aye we always do land a punch or 2. Call me paranoid (not behind my back that makes me paranoid) but these big 5 leagues and the cash they're spending? It's not normall and the 50million man Utd spent on the England u21 from Crystal palace? It's crazy, who are the real beneficiaries of this increase in spending ? The Arabs? The consortium's? Whilst supporters struggle to make ends meat and taking your kids to the game works out as the same as a week in Spain? Kids strips at 80quid. For a country who are living in a period of austerity not the only one either, it's gross gross gross uch I reallly should just say what I mean ?

I agree. But if you’re in a fight and outnumbered, wishing it was fairer doesn’t help. Steaming in harder can even the odds by taking out a few early. If we stand waiting we are fucked. Societal inequalities anger me too. Another reason I want Scitkand to cut ourselves off from Tory bastard Britain and try to create a fairer society.

That, as difficult as it will be is easier than changing how football is going. In that, we can only do our utmost to give a good account of ourselves with striving to improve year on year. To me, the CL is our only way to manage that.

I agree. But if you’re in a fight and outnumbered, wishing it was fairer doesn’t help. Steaming in harder can even the odds by taking out a few early. If we stand waiting we are fucked. Societal inequalities anger me too. Another reason I want Scitkand to cut ourselves off from Tory bastard Britain and try to create a fairer society.

That, as difficult as it will be is easier than changing how football is going. In that, we can only do our utmost to give a good account of ourselves with striving to improve year on year. To me, the CL is our only way to manage that.
So crazy Celtic spending what? €11 million Is the equivalent of EPL clubs spending 500k

One thing that's a certis lenny won't be as naive as BR when playing in Europe back 5 away to Barca was asking for it And bhoy did we get it

Doing business early in the transfer windows seems to be key

If we look back over previous seasons our best business was done early

Moussa Dembele N'tcham Odsonne Edouard Christian Julien Mbombo and Luca Cinnell

Whereas late prior to window slamming shut we got

Christian Ganboa Izzaguirre back as well as a few other nomarks We also missed out on McGinn who had agreed to sign Eboue Kouassi Benyu Uncle Tom Cobbly and all

Ideally we should bring through our own Academy players but it's a double edged sword because some Club with more resources than us will tempt them away
From the current crop who have come through we've already lost Feruz Liam Henderson possibly KT and Calmac and in a couple of years maybe Dembele for a development fee while meantime we are taking other Clubs projects and developing them for them and trying to negotiate CL qualifiers

Roberts Arzani Musonda Burke Weah Benkovic to name a few of whom only 1 remains and he's played in 1 match ?

HH?

Members online

Latest posts

Back