Nir Bitton Appreciation Post

"In short, [Nir Bitton] understands what it means to be Celtic. And Jock Stein would probably agree: His jersey fits."

Great article Larry.

Although I stand by everything I've said. If that makes me and armchair Stein, plamf or whatever else we, who have dared to criticise, have been called then so be it. Just because celtic finally turned up yesterday and played how we all know they can doesnt mean that Taylor hasn't looked like a bhoy lost, 100% effort with no quality. Lennons tactics and substitutions haven't been baffling and broony hasnt looked off his game, although I will admit that Mr SP made a great point on sandmans thread as to why broony hasnt looked his old self but that again takes us back to lennons poor team selection. And let's not for get, our MOTM probably wouldn't have been on the pitch if it wasn't for forrest being injured. Im as happy as every other celtic fan on the planet but lets not pretend that us armchair managers moanings haven't been justified.....

Great article Larry.

Although I stand by everything I've said. If that makes me and armchair Stein, plamf or whatever else we, who have dared to criticise, have been called then so be it. Just because celtic finally turned up yesterday and played how we all know they can doesnt mean that Taylor hasn't looked like a bhoy lost, 100% effort with no quality. Lennons tactics and substitutions haven't been baffling and broony hasnt looked off his game, although I will admit that Mr SP made a great point on sandmans thread as to why broony hasnt looked his old self but that again takes us back to lennons poor team selection. And let's not for get, our MOTM probably wouldn't have been on the pitch if it wasn't for forrest being injured. Im as happy as every other celtic fan on the planet but lets not pretend that us armchair managers moanings haven't been justified.....
Get well soooooooooooooon 🙏
😂😂😂😂

HH 😂

Jack of all trades, unfortunately - not quite master of any.

That's not entirely his fault. His default setting is as a ball-playing creative midfielder; however - due to unforseen circumstances, he is full-back (both sides), centre half, holding midfielder and point man in a forward midfielding role.

The sad thing for Nir is, is that he is not the man you will ever build your team around.

Mr. Versatile. Mr. Dependable. Mr. Aye, OK then, but not quite Mr. I'm the man!

When we debate tactics, strategy or line-up. Nir is not the first, second, third, fourth or fifth person you think of. Maybe it's his upbringing. Maybe it's just his personality, but if I were him, I'd be banging on the door and asking why I'm not in the team as an obvious first pick.

I'll take him happily as he is, but I'd rather he spat the dummy and threw the toys oot the pram and asked for a reason why he's not in the team.

We have some petulant boys, but it's Nir's lack of petulance and frustration that goes against him sometimes.

The sad thing for Nir is, is that he is not the man you will ever build your team around.

Mr. Versatile. Mr. Dependable. Mr. Aye, OK then, but not quite Mr. I'm the man!
And that's OK, and as you mention SP maybe it's in his personality not to draw attention to himself. Not everyone has to be "the man" -- though the way Bitton plays, maybe he should be. But if he's OK with not being "the guy" but "the guy that 'the guy' depends on," then that's OK with me, too.

😂😂😂 its all you bloody, holy than though, greatest ever, never criticise, be all, end all, I lived through the bloody hard days celtic fans that do my head in!!!!
I represent that remark Lubo thanks for the Holy part bud but no one in this Hoose of nae repute unnerstauns. Keep moaning bud we have played Shoite Saturday being the exception let’s all hope it’s click o the heels 👠 time and we’ll blow the Barstewards doon.
Sometimes it’s good to say what you see
Feck just look at they movie and game show links. And do get well soon bud. You know it makes sense.

HH 🍀

I represent that remark Lubo thanks for the Holy part bud but no one in this Hoose of nae repute unnerstauns. Keep moaning bud we have played Shoite Saturday being the exception let’s all hope it’s click o the heels 👠 time and we’ll blow the Barstewards doon.
Sometimes it’s good to say what you see
Feck just look at they movie and game show links. And do get well soon bud. You know it makes sense.

HH 🍀

😁😁😁😁😁

I've never moaned about our results larry. My complaints have been different from most. Im one of these fans that want to see us play teams of the park. I also know we are capable of doing that.
There's a really good point, Lubo.

If you know you're good, then why settle for just going through the motions?

Griff might be a bit loose with his screws, but he knows he's better than most and you know it must REALLY fuck him over that he's behind Polish Paddy in the pecking order. I'll bet my one remaining bollock that he's chapped the door and asked the question and that's the reason why he struggles to get a pick.

That might prove to deincentivise lads like Nir Bitton, but as a fan, I'd be seriously hacked aff that these boys were taking a wage without putting up any kind of fight.

You said this, Lubo (emphasis mine):
Im as happy as every other celtic fan on the planet but lets not pretend that us armchair managers moanings haven't been justified.....
Then you said this:
I've never moaned about our results larry. My complaints have been different from most. Im one of these fans that want to see us play teams of the park. I also know we are capable of doing that.
I am not sure which is which, but I am not referring to anyone making sensible criticisms of the club, which I'm sorry if you have taken personally. I am, however, referring to many on social media -- Twitter and Facebook, specifically -- and singling out those posters who think they have all the answers.

And that's OK, and as you mention SP maybe it's in his personality not to draw attention to himself. Not everyone has to be "the man" -- though the way Bitton plays, maybe he should be. But if he's OK with not being "the guy" but "the guy that 'the guy' depends on," then that's OK with me, too.
Not at Celtic, Larry. If you choose to be just 'the guy' then you're no good to man nor beast.

Perhaps if you have limited ability then you're ok to just go along for the ride, but if you think you're a player, then get in everyone's face and tell them that.

I want players that have something to prove. I want players to be angry and selfish. I want players that are not just prepared to settle for what they've got.

Not at Celtic, Larry. If you choose to be just 'the guy' then you're no good to man nor beast.

Perhaps if you have limited ability then you're ok to just go along for the ride, but if you think you're a player, then get in everyone's face and tell them that.

I want players that have something to prove. I want players to be angry and selfish. I want players that are not just prepared to settle for what they've got.
I don't particularly buy that, SP, but let's say you're right and maybe Bitton is an anomaly.

In Bitton's case, clearly he's got the talent to be where he is, otherwise he wouldn't be here. He wouldn't be playing at this level if he didn't have a high degree of drive to match his immense talent.

And I don't think Bitton's a player with "limited ability" who is "just OK to go along for the ride." I think he's much more than that, and he proves that whenever he takes the pitch. Not playing the game with anger or arrogance is not a drawback -- on the contrary, I think it's an asset. And I don't think selfless play for the good of the club is a drawback either.

As far as "something to prove," Bitton has proved he is a player we can depend on to come in and play the positions he's asked to play. So when a player can do all that, regardless of his motivations, I think he's definitely an asset to the club.

You said this, Lubo (emphasis mine):

Then you said this:

I am not sure which is which, but I am not referring to anyone making sensible criticisms of the club, which I'm sorry if you have taken personally. I am, however, referring to many on social media -- Twitter and Facebook, specifically -- and singling out those posters who think they have all the answers.

Is it cos I said us and then my. Jesus larry give a guy a break 😂😂😂. Ofcourse I haven't taken anything personally. 👍👍
Just give all us moaners a wee break. We only want was best for celtic and we are but simple fans. AC engineers, postmen, joiners and shelf stackers. We certainly don't think we have all the answers but we do have the right to believe we do 😂😂 its the joy of being a fan. Anyway, it was a great article.

Just give all us moaners a wee break. We only want was best for celtic and we are but simple fans.
:LOL::LOL::LOL: Done. Everyone wants the best for Celtic, lurkers aside, and we're always not going to agree. But my fondest wish is to discuss matters with reason and analysis backed by fact, not conjecture -- I know that may be impossible for some, but a guy can dream, can't he?

Is it cos I said us and then my. Jesus larry give a guy a break 😂😂😂. Ofcourse I haven't taken anything personally. 👍👍
Just give all us moaners a wee break. We only want was best for celtic and we are but simple fans. AC engineers, postmen, joiners and shelf stackers. We certainly don't think we have all the answers but we do have the right to believe we do 😂😂 its the joy of being a fan. Anyway, it was a great article.
Sook

HH 😂

Back