Nir Bitton

Sorry Boab. I am old enough to know that we cannot defy gravity. Broonie is going to be of less value game by game as we move into the future. We would be wise to consider options and not wait for him to drop his standards. We need to plan now for a successor.
Yep, but if Tierney was going to be the next before he left then i believe Celtic will have an idea as to what they will want for the role. I want to take cross the bridge approach as a fan and soak up the success to come and ram it into the media for the negative approachthey gave to an invincible double treble winning team.

Broony,captain,leader, legend,will be here for 10 in a row,he has the sorcerers apprentice handerin him, Calmac!, Broony disnae need tae dae the box tae box stuff,read the play,break up the play, then gie the ba' tae Calmac, let the young bucks dae the runnin!!!! Broony wiz immense last night HH
He was mate, done the dirty work and i dont remember him givin the ball away once👍

For the EL games the whole team has to play well and I can't remember the big man having any howlers so I think his calmness and maturity will be needed for us to progress in EL and the quest for the 10. Lenny needs quality like Bitton while we have so many games ahead of us.
Think the team spirit is excellent,from Lenny,the bench and the players,think it was when Broony got fouled, our players got right intae the nazio's faces, none of that passive acceptance pish we had wi'the snake!

Aye remember him gettin the better of Lenny a few times in his Hibs days ,dont see Chtistie being an enforcer,Broony was always hard as nails.HH
It is a rare quality these days to have the skills of Broony along with his physical & mental toughness. Usually today's "hard men" are thugs who can't read or play the game to a very high standard.

Our on-the-pitch leader doesn't necessarily have to be our holding midfielder. It is often centre halves who perform this role.

I don't want to retire Broony early but would prefer getting in his long-term replacement as soon as possible. This is so he learns our system with Broony as a mentor, understands fully what playing for the Hoops means and allows Scott some rest time during the season. This will lessen the impact on us when Broony does retire but may also lengthen his playing career by maybe another season if he isn't playing too many two-games-per-week matches.

I too can see Christie dropping back into this role as he slows down but not for a few years yet, as he is so dangerous further up the field.

Members online

Latest posts

Back