Nir Bitton

Vigobhoy

What about using Nir Bitton as a successor to Broonie. Is a natural defensive midfielder with great passing ability and long range goals, wants to be at the club and is only 27 (I think). I think he is a better option than from what I have seen of Kouassi

I had just been thinking of a new contract and it occurred to me that he might be a fit for replacing Broonie in the middle.

he does stand up for himself which is good but he isn’t broony.

i personally think there is something there that could work but needs leadership development.

There's only one Broony so it's a bit unjust decrying him for that, he's one of those excellent players we have who won't be a regular first teamer but would walk into any other team in Scotland and immediately be their best player. We'd be mad to not get him on a nice long contract. HH

I say it all the time - sititng deep, big Nir has the rarest of abilities to turn defence into attack in a blink - perfect for our pacey front players. but he needs a 'Broon' in there doing the spadework for him; Vic Wanyama will be that man when we get him back in January.

What about using Nir Bitton as a successor to Broonie. Is a natural defensive midfielder with great passing ability and long range goals, wants to be at the club and is only 27 (I think). I think he is a better option than from what I have seen of Kouassi
Bit early to talk about successor without consulting Broonie. He just keeps proving his value and has entered new territory in how long you can play at the top, football has changed with sports science so let Broonie call a halt himself before eyeing up his kit. From men leaders emerge spontanuesly. HH

Good point, boab1916. There will come a time when this needs to be addressed, but that time is neither now nor anytime this season. Broony is a rock.
Yep a good apprentice bides his time until he has gleaned all he can from his tradesman and then only does he take up the mantle of journeyman, a captain will emerge from within, still tricks to be taught.

Bit early to talk about successor without consulting Broonie. He just keeps proving his value and has entered new territory in how long you can play at the top, football has changed with sports science so let Broonie call a halt himself before eyeing up his kit. From men leaders emerge spontanuesly. HH
Sorry Boab. I am old enough to know that we cannot defy gravity. Broonie is going to be of less value game by game as we move into the future. We would be wise to consider options and not wait for him to drop his standards. We need to plan now for a successor.

Members online

Latest posts

Back