No Huns in Paradise

Same here left Scotland at 25 in 1980.
Trying to get a job in 1970 when asked. "Whit skool ye gae tae"
No fond memories
It’s not like that here in Dundee. I have never been in a situation here where anyone cared if ye were Catholic or Protestant. When I met up with SP we talked about it and he agreed it was a non issue here, DC Thomson being the exception.

It’s not like that here in Dundee. I have never been in a situation here where anyone cared if ye were Catholic or Protestant. When I met up with SP we talked about it and he agreed it was a non issue here, DC Thomson being the exception.
Not being a catholic I can't comment on any sort of bigotry directly, but I've never witnessed or heard of anything like that with friends or colleagues anywhere I've lived/worked in Tayside or Aberdeenshire (I mean in day-to-day real life, not with anything related to football).

The fact that outside of Dundee there are no segregated schools either means that the question "whit skool did use go tae?" is meaningless anyway.

Not being a catholic I can't comment on any sort of bigotry directly, but I've never witnessed or heard of anything like that with friends or colleagues anywhere I've lived/worked in Tayside or Aberdeenshire (I mean in day-to-day real life, not with anything related to football).

The fact that outside of Dundee there are no segregated schools either means that the question "whit skool did use go tae?" is meaningless anyway.
We need a better edyookashun sistum.

Members online

Latest posts

Back