No marquee signings

On your first point,well we have scouts and a network set up to find players.If I had time and was paid i’d be able to come up with potential targets just like any of us could.I totally agree with everything else you say,who can compete? I says a while back when Roy Keane got made up to 50 grande a week at Man U that the wages in football should be capped at that because that was ridiculous then and look what’s going on now.We’re not to bad at our club,but our players are handsomely paid but in England it would be hard to support your team after working and possibly struggling all week and paying big money for season tickets to see your favourite players picking up over 100 grande a week.HH
What screwed the whole game up in England, and then spilled over up here, was maronic chairmen playing a game of who's got the biggest Ferrari with each other, massaging their egos like dickheads by paying over the odds tranfer fees and wages, a side effect of that is wages up here had to rise even though to a smaller scale, some by honest means and then others by cheating to make up the shortfall.

Obviously an impossible one. So because the press talk about Lawells bonus we can’t? Is that what you’re saying. £2.3m for this year when we failed to reach the CL and have lost most of our away games? How can that ever be justified?

I see them losing a threat to our 10iar if not checked. I did propose a possible solution if they fuck yo made in the summer has reduced our ability to buy. Get Dermot to finance a short term loan that would get the players we need to win the treble and qualify for the CL. We need that CL money it out ioerating costs will do us in. If we do nothing a lose the league to save day £20m but cost us 19iar and £69m CL money do you think that’s a good strategy?

You’re happy, big deal. You defend Lawells bonus, fine. You are not the arbitrar of what is best regardless if you think you are. We need to invest. If we don’t have the cash now, borrow it and securing CL money will fund it. Or, don’t and perhaps fail and the cost will be far higher than £20m loan from our largest shareholder. To do nothing but hope, has been our plan for too many years. I don’t agree with that, you do.

I think your position is ridiculous as you find mine. What’s your mission to be happy standing still or worse going backward? For we have gone backward. Or would you deny that too?

Why do you misrepresent what I said?

Where did I defend Peter Lawwells bonus?

Why are you saying things that simply isn't true?

Show me and everyone else where I defended Peter Lawwell's bonus?

I'm betting you deflect from answering.

You tried to rationalise why he gets one. I believe the only bonus he should get is if we qualify for the CL. Nothing else.

You never answered my question. Do you think we have gone backward or at the least stalled? And how would you fix that?

As for our buy en cheap sell them on? Take a look at our current pool looks in that regard. I agree we try and get younger players, but we also need to have thexquakity to keep moving forward. That’s hasn’t happened.

Re. Lawwell's salary and bonus : it is fair comment to raise this issue .
I as a Celtic supporter am disturbed at the level of salary alone never mind a bonus of such proportions .

As Celtic supporters we will all be familiar with the traditions of the club which , as we know , began as a charity venture .
I accept that in today's world we have to pay remuneration commensurate with the quality of personnel we are trying to attract - but by any Scottish Standards ( and that is our playground ) Lawwell is more than adequately compensated for his work . And , before anyone jumps on me , I think that over his tenure he has done a better than average job , with the odd hiccup here and there .

However , when it comes to a bonus for doing his job well I have to disagree .
We all live in a world where if we do NOT do our jobs well/competently we will be disciplined . When we do our job to the satisfaction of our employer how many of us actually receive a bonus - of any description . Even the favoured few who might receive a financial 'extra' for good work will NEVER receive the equivalent of two years salary ! And that was only for the previous two years effort - this suggests that there is more to come .
No , any Celtic-minded CEO who is so well paid should be declining the scale of bonus he was offered - indeed the Board of Celtic are the real culprits in this . Do they even know the history of the club ?

Just looked up prize money for winning the treble. Just shy of £3m, Lawell trousers £2.3m. Deserved and fair?

Who would you suggest and how much will it take to purchase, wages etc?

I think a lot of trouble stems from the rich clubs signing every bit of upcoming talent paying crazy money to get them.

They do so with a view to get someone else to develop them futher so they can sell on for profit.

Who can compete ?

TF that is going to be capped next yesr.

It is stifling the game and the movement of players.

HH ☘️
you are absolutely right Maria clubs like Chelsea (39 out on loan) and Man City (29 out on loan) pick up players before anybody else gets a chance,I am sure if you went through the leagues you would be surprised just how many players are on clubs books,unfortunately money talks and when you are offered money which is far better than you would get playing for some teams,so they take the money and sit on a bench somewhere,next season I beleave it's restricted to 6 so at end of this season a lot of players are going to be looking for clubs after thier clubs have had the pick of the bunch,

Yeah i think if anyone is agitated about it them they should feel free, for their love of the club, to offer suggestions that meet the criteria.

Give me solutions not problems.

Then its constructive and productive.

HH Jim. ?

From post 39 for anyone interested in the truth of the matter...and I quote in bold the Verdict1

"You’re happy, big deal. You defend Lawells bonus, fine"

Quite simply a lie. I neither said it, nor implied it. In fact the opposite.

People can draw their own conclusions

I can remember back to 2010 and Dermot Desmond apparently bankrolled the loan signing of Robbie Keane from the EPL...he was reportedly paid way in excess of what every other Celtic player was on at the time....we didn't win the league.

Let’s agree to disagree.Definetley agree with verdict that PL should only get that size of bonus for CL qualification and let’s be honest it was well doable if we had had a decent defence.Since then we have been going back at quite an alarming rate.Although we did win the league cup, just now we should have a healthy lead at the top and be looking to bring in players to bed them in for CL qualifiers.We’re actually bringing in players to win the league because the squad at the moment aren’t capable of getting a result away from home.A 2.3 million bonus for bringing in 3 million isn’t good business but to PL’s defence it’ll be part of his contract so i’d imagine Mr.Desmond would be in charge of that one.Does the bonus maybe take into consideration last seasons European run?HH

With the comments from Rogers it seems our biggest outlay will be £2.3m for Lawells bonus for his part in our disastrous summer that cost us £60m.

Sums us up to a tee, All the speculation of a good defender died on its arse. Loans and projects, but as long as Lawell gets his we carry on on a downward trajectory. Shameful he could even consider taking more money than we paid for Bayo.

Can’t afford the players we need, but we can give him an obscene amount for making us worse and vulnerable,

You really couldn’t make it up, unless you’re a Celtic fan. It’s the way we roll.

If snybody even tries to defend him taking that money when we can’t apparently afford a defence then please have a word with yourself,

Winning the league and qualifying for the CL is paramount because if we don’t our operating costs are not sustainable and we will crash. No doubt even if the worst happens Lawell will get another bonus. Not bad writing your own contract is it?

Shameful.

Can this dick no get our managers name right?

I mean it has been pointed out to him by the helpful imatim.

A m

A marquee signing doesn’t necessarily mean signing someone for silly money.If we had got Piccinni in the summer it would’nt have been silly money but would have been a marquee signing for us.While I’m still confident we’ll win the league there is a chance we could lose it and purely on our away form and I don’t think it’s on ability I think a lot of it this season has been mental strength like not doing the basics right.HH

I get what you're saying, but we signed Edouard for £9 million in the summer! For us, those kind of signings (anything above £4 million, based on our financial model) is 'silly money'. MON signed Sutton, Hartson, Lennon and Thompson to be the core of his team - he didn't spend huge amounts of money after that. We can strengthen in the areas necessary within the current transfer model to more than ensure that our away form improves. But let's have it right too. I'm a huge fan of Brendan Rodgers, but his team selections and tactics at certain points, heavily influenced, yes, by our lack of squad depth in terms of quality, has been poor.

If only we operated in a market where speculation was underwritten by guaranteed profit through TV deals. We don't. If we did, we all know where we'd be. We'd be European financial giants.

You misunderstand me. They were brilliant.

My point was they arrived off-form (which is why we could afford them): Sutton scored one goal all season for Ch*lsea, Hartson was unfit (need I mention the medical he failed?) and Thompson couldn't get into the Aston Villa team.
Maybe Brendan said thats it we are not signing no marks endoff, easy to see how it could be lost in the wire tap shorthand no mark es

Back