No more

Just a short story. Last April my wee girl treated me to a night at the Glasgow Pavillion for a Celtic show. It was supposed to be an evening listening to Strachan & Lennon having a blether and telling Celtic stories. About a week before the show Lenny had to pull out as he was now parachuted into replace Rodgers, so Lubo replaced him.

It was a brilliant show and at one point Lubo thought he'd throw in "and here's hoping Neil Lennon gets the manager's job full time at the end of the season".

Now the place was very full with hundreds of Celtic fans who'd paid good money to see Lennon that evening. And yet there were probably only about a dozen folk who cheered Lubo's comment.

Like most I was happy he stepped in and delivered the trophies but was concerned about him getting the gig full time. I know we discussed this to death about a year and a half ago.

But I am seriously shocked at how much we have dropped off in the last few weeks.

I'm not sure if I can ever respect any of these players again after the way they have disrespected their manager...sure a new man will come in, the attitudes will change, we will win games and the gullible fans will treat them like heroes again....Every single one of them are a disgrace and should be moved on and the fans reimbursed their season ticket money with the profit
Couldn't agree more, Docco. If there was a new man coming in, bet your fur their workrate and attitude goes up by at least 25%.

If that were to happen the fuckin lot o' them should be transfer listed.

I've never liked any of my managers in any of my jobs, but i've enough dignity and pride to try and do a proper fuckin job. unlike some of these gutless wonders that are currently stealing a wage.

Last edited:
Just watched lennys post humiliation interview. Yes hes right we played well for 35 minutes of the second half, and the result did flatter sparta., and yes we should have equalised. Should've, couldve, would've, didnt . That said theres no getting away from an 8-2 aggregate scoreline , this was not PSG or Barcelona and the game lasts for 90mins plus. Something that every Celtic manager has drummed into the players and supporters for years now. Cannot keep saying that we played well ...for a bit then its disappointing and then it's more disappointing. 35 minutes? Not good enough. Against a side that we are better than. This mentality is ..well mental.

Anthony Joseph of Sky Sports News (Celtic supporter) tweeting that tonight makes no difference to the manager's position other than he's under more pressure to turn it around. He won't resign and he won't be sacked.
That's not a good sign, he tends to be in the know of things Celtic. If Neil Lennon stays manager and wins this title after the quadreble itll be a miracle of biblical proportions. Oh how I'd love to see it , it would constitute the greatest achievement I've ever witnessed by the club. We will know soon enough where the players heads and hearts are at v Ross county and that's not good either our colts should be favourites against them.

Well I'm off to watch some telly take my mind off it a bit ( I wish) best wishes to lubo for the morra ✌ on a cheery last note sevco threw away a 2goal lead to benfica again , a team willing to attack them 🙂 night all god bless the Celtic family HH ☘

Genuinely worried about Neil Lennon's health..in his post match interview he looked absolutely shattered..the poor guy knows it's over for him.

Peter lawwell should put Neil out his misery quickly and let him get on with his life.

Eat, sleep, get beat, repeat

If Lenny wants to remain in charge, he has to conduct a public announcement to categorically and definitively explain what has gone wrong this season.

he might be able to fool some folk, but Celtic fans are among the most knowledgeable in the game and we're not going to buy the post-match pish we've had to endure this season.

Covid doesn't cut it. Bolingoli doesn't cut it. Players working their ticket doesn't cut it. Playing for portions of a match doesn't cut it. Being unlucky doesn't cut it.

If there are underlying issues, then let's have it clear. if there are problems with the board, the coaching staff, the players - then let's have it clear.

Even the fucking government is more transparent than Celtic, so if there are mitigating factors, or there are exigent circumstances - then let's have it clear.

I want him to succeed, but I don't want him treating folk like they're fucking imbeciles. If he loves the club as he says he does, then take the podium and lay it all down.

Genuinely worried about Neil Lennon's health..in his post match interview he looked absolutely shattered..the poor guy knows it's over for him.

Peter lawwell should put Neil out his misery quickly and let him get on with his life.
yeah , he didnt look great..Looked like he was just came back from a bar brawl after battering a few huns for being huns lol..Lennon will go down as a club legend for winning the second 9 in a row but think his time should be up shortly, maybe after securing the quadruple that will never ever be equalled ..

Me too MD dreading it tbh
It's like ye say CelticRose,how can we go from heroes to zeroes in a matter of months,we're playing like the huns did after Dubai!,ah know there are mitigating factors,Griff,bolingoli,games postponed,players wi Covid,international breaks, but jesus,surely our squad should be able tae deal with this,if Lenny,PL and DD can't see this malaise,then ye have tae wonder.HH 🍺 :mad:

But who'll put Peter Lawwell out of our misery ? No use getting rid of Lenny when this major problem remains at the club.
Over to you Dermott - or can't you be arsed either ?

HH

But who'll put Peter Lawwell out of our misery ? No use getting rid of Lenny when this major problem remains at the club.
Over to you Dermott - or can't you be arsed either ?

HH
We've been resting on our laurels for a wee while now. Milk and honey has a way of sweetening the bitter pills we've had to swallow.

Peter Lawwell has done a reasonable 6/10 job, but without proper oversight from the majority shareholder - he's had the run of the shop and his ego has expanded as much as his bank balance.

I don't think radical and total overhauls are particularly productive, but it is clear that the gap between the paying customers and the custodians is getting wider and wider.

Peter is the ringmaster, but there are plenty of other performers who are getting an easy ride because they're not in the spotlight.

Perhaps there was a fleeting thought that once the 10 was neatly parcelled - then the next phase of the Celtic evolution could begin. If that wasn't the case, then perhaps Dermot could be persuaded to fast-forward that evolution by not dwelling on past glories.

If the hierarchy don't know how rapidly things can change, then they might want to take a wee peek in the managers office to see how quickly the tides can shift.

We've been resting on our laurels for a wee while now. Milk and honey has a way of sweetening the bitter pills we've had to swallow.
Peter Lawwell has done a reasonable 6/10 job, but without proper oversight from the majority shareholder - he's had the run of the shop and his ego has expanded as much as his bank balance.

I don't think radical and total overhauls are particularly productive, but it is clear that the gap between the paying customers and the custodians is getting wider and wider.

Peter is the ringmaster, but there are plenty of other performers who are getting an easy ride because they're not in the spotlight.

Perhaps there was a fleeting thought that once the 10 was neatly parcelled - then the next phase of the Celtic evolution could begin. If that wasn't the case, then perhaps Dermot could be persuaded to fast-forward that evolution by not dwelling on past glories.

If the hierarchy don't know how rapidly things can change, then they might want to take a wee peek in the managers office to see how quickly the tides can shift.
Like everything else they see things through £ tinted glasses unlike supporters
They are watching the value of THEIR assets tank on a weekly basis
That’s the only language they know
I’d be surprised if it went on as long as till the window opens but when the bids comes in for Eddie and they’re half the previous value, they’ll have Lennon out faster than you can say goodbye
New manager to add value to the team and ‘sweat the assets’

Well, like Winter, I will also hold my hand up and say I was in Neil Lennon's corner for a long time
However, after watching that dross today & listening to his post match interview today, I cannot see the team getting the job done with him at the helm
For NL to say we were excellent for 35 minutes, that's just not on
Talk about papering over the cracks, that's papering over the Grand Canyon
Total disrespect towards us fans, can he not see what we see ?
It's time to go and take Ntcham and MOI with you
It was another brutal watch today, and sadly, changes have to be made
HH

Back