No sport.. so what you guys watching?

Even if the English did organise the sport it was the Scots that invented the game as we know it. Originally English teams played a 1-1-1-8 formation and took turns with a single person running at the spearhead of a ram trying to batter through the opposition line while dribbling the ball. I imagine it was like a cross between British Bulldog and a maul in rugby (a bit like Souness's deidco team for those of us unfortunate to remember it). Hacking of the opponents' shins was allowed snd positively encouraged as it toughened players into becoming men.

It was the Scots that realised you could effectively pass the ball to your colleagues to get round the opposition line. This resulted in more players dropping back into midfield and defense (read "Inverting the Pyramid" or "The Ball is Round" if you care enough). The passing game that every team adopted was known worldwide as The Scottish Game up to about the 2nd World War.

Sorry for being boring! 🥱
Take it you watched the English game? 😉

Yes watched the Outsider really dark Andybhoy.

the second serious of Ozark equally good as first,the family gets involved
in allsorts.

Aye The Outsider is dark mate. Knew nothing about it before I started watching and I really wasn't expecting it to go off in the direction it did. Really good series.

Loved the 1st series of Ozark, had some brilliant WTF moments. Aye expected his missus to get more involved after the way 1st series ended. Really looking forward to watching the 2nd (y)

No, I'm not kidding
That's the great thing about opinions, you're entitled to them
I watched the first episode of Peaky Blinders, will never watch the rest
Have never watched Game of Thrones, it's not my kind of show
Gillian Anderson played the role well
The serial killer, was definitely creepier imho
When i first started watching Peaky Blinders i thought it was pish but it got better with each episode,far better tv shows out there in my opinion.Ive never watched Game of Thrones either but i hear theres plenty of naked scenes so might cave in on that one soon 🤣

Members online

Back